• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Power Of One (M02)

Renafan

I always took the "Power of One" as what one could do to INSPIRE others to do....what one individual along with other individuals together forming one big action that ultimately saves the world. You could argue then that this should be called "The Power of Teamwork!" but I do think the POWER OF ONE does have significance here...ie, one individual has more power than he realizes. Ash has a moment during the movie where he doubts he can be this "Chosen One" everyone claims him to be but with SUPPORT from others he is able to gain the strength to save the world. In fact, without everyone working together they would not have succeeded. "The Power of One" is not necessarily referring to Ash, but everyone's individual desire to help. Remember all the Pokemon who gathered to see what they could all do? Their individual desire to help came from their inner "power of one" ie their desire to help and save everyone. The movie could be seen as a celebration of the free thinking individual and our ability to see what is right and wrong and how it can go right and wrong...ie, our one note villian in one move disrupting all nature and thus the conflict created as such.

Ruas

Generally I watch these movies only to see the pokemon in action, and I was not disappointed at all. The second half of the movie with Lugia & the bird's high speed acrobatics really got me. I don't think there was this much fast-paced action until perhaps Destiny Deoxys. The plot line wasn't much. I don't enjoy it when they deviate so much from the main games. Funnily enough, the whole orbs & song sync plot was then used in the games, only the legendaries changed to Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I finally got around to watching this movie in Japanese; I had heard good things about the soundtrack and I personally loved Lawrence III/Gelardan's theme; I liked how dramatic it was, like an operatic choir. I also liked the remixed Surf theme that played while Ash, Misty, and Tracey were first on the boat sailing towards the next island. I cackled when TR's Magikarp sub crashed into that rock as they were being pushed close to Shamouti Island. Anyway, I didn't like Melody when I first saw this movie, but I appreciate her character more now. She was spunky and the fact that she got under Misty's skin was funny; I still cackle at Misty's reaction to Ash being kissed by Melody. I liked the music that Melody played at the festival, although I prefer the dub version for some reason, probably because I'm so used to it. I also loved Brock's cameo when Professor Ivy called Professor Oak. It was a little thing, but I was glad that he wasn't completely forgotten. Seeing Maren casually chilling on her boat when Ash and Pikachu ran off to the shrine on Fire Island was also amusing. I kind of wish she had a bigger part overall, but oh well. I thought Zapdos seemed like a jerk for wanting to take over Moltres's territory, and I'm still not sure how Ash even knew Zapdos's name given that he'd never seen one before unless I missed something. Also, I never understood if Moltres purposely helped Zapdos escape its cage or if it was actually attacking Zapdos, because Zapdos attacked Moltres afterwards and it seemed like it was angry, but I'll probably never know for sure. I thought it was highly convenient that the Hikōkyū crash landed on Lightning Island and that Ash didn't have to work hard to get the second orb, but whatever. I was impressed when Lugia first appeared, but disappointed that it failed against the Legendary Birds at first. I thought that Team Rocket adding the helicopter's propeller to their lifeboat was ingenious and I was glad that they actually helped Ash reach the last island. I didn't like how Articuno was attacked by Zapdos and Moltres though. It was probably my least favorite part of the movie since it made Articuno look weak. Anyway, Team Rocket's "sacrifice" still makes me tear up and seeing Misty and Tracey save Ash from the water was heart-warming. At least Tracey finally got to do something. I'm glad Ash got to interact with his mother at the end and I thought the scene played out well, although I still cackle at the thought that Ash could've just given Oak the GS Ball right then and there. Regardless, this movie was pretty much immaculate imo.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Got through watching it again yesterday seeing how also it'll be 15 years this year since it was released. Too this day its still one of my favorite movies next to Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Brought back alot of nostalgia. Back then the Pokemon franchise and the movies were at the top of my love factor! Nowadays meh not so much. Still play the games a good bit, but the anime has seriously weakened in recent years! Miss 4Kids company...

Eon Hero

soaring the skyes...
this movie puts me in tears... my favprite movie ever and Lugia's Song is just the best pokemon soundtrack they've ever made for sure. I remember watching moltres being captured and felling really bad like... I wanted to punch that collector in the face SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Man... this really brings back some memories

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Probably one of my favorite movies. I loved all the action in the movie as well as seeing all 3 legendary birds and Lugia fighting against each other. The villain was interesting, but I would have liked to see a little more backstory on him. I loved all the Misty and Melody interaction scenes in this movie as they were hilarious. The soundtrack for this movie was great as well. 10/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I didn't like the villain, my least favorite of the entire show.
Melody was awesome though.
Tracey thinking Misty was talking about him during one of her "he's not my boyfriend" talks was pretty funny.
Slowking was pretty cool too, especially fourth wall breaking with the TRio

Gillachu

Banned
I liked how the collector guy had a Mew card. It was the same card that was given out during the movie in theaters. :cool:

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Meh,the movie was very boring.I found 90% of the movie to be filled with Pokeshipping crap.Team Rocket scenes were good but that didn't save it from being one of my least favorite Pokemon movies.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I really like this movie. Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres battling was epic. Loved the way Lugia sounded when it spoke to Ash. 10/10 for me.

JudySpell

Banned
I was pleased with Lawrence since his collecting hobby was refreshing and Melody teasing Misty about Ash was amusing for a bit. 8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jirarudan was such an awesome villain and I loved the stuff he had gathered in the Hikoukyuu, especially his Myuu card. Another great part was the ending when Satoshi was unconscious, and after he woke up he had to struggle to stand up and walk over to the shrine so he could put the last treasure in place. And I also loved the part when Fleura played Lugia's melody at the end. It's so beautiful. Glad that the Rocket-dan were heavily involved, too.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing the three legendary birds all in one film, plus Lugia's scenes were cool as well. I wish that Lawrence had had a much bigger role tho since he didn't seem threatening enough and I liked Melody's song and rivalry with Misty. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wish that Lawrence had had a much bigger role tho since he didn't seem threatening enough

I thought he was a good antagonist, or as good as they can be in this franchise. I would have liked finding out more about where he got his Myuu card, and also more about how he built his giant Hikoukyuu airship, though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I thought he was a good antagonist, or as good as they can be in this franchise. I would have liked finding out more about where he got his Myuu card, and also more about how he built his giant Hikoukyuu airship, though.

I definitely think that he needed some more backstory cuz he was almost an enigma within the film. I felt that Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno rampaging around the islands were bigger threats than Lawrence was. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The infamous PokeShipping movie. <3 I enjoyed seeing Misty get jealous when Melody tried to snatch her beloved Satoshi-kun. Oh and Lugia was cool too.

ZilverLox

Banned
Shamouti Island was great, but I had a grudge against Melody, especially when Ash was kissed by her. She was a homewrecker! I thought Zapdos was messed up for wanting to take over Moltres's island and I didn't like how Articuno was ambushed by Zapdos and Moltres either. I was happy when Ash saw his momma at the end, although why didn't Ash think of giving Professor Oak the GS Ball? I'll rate this seven out of ten. :)