• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Power Of One (M02)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Even though "Mewtwo Strikes Back" continues to be my favorite movie, and I'm not a pokeshipper, I do consider this to be the best movie. Regardless of what may be different plotwise between the Japanese version and the American dub, I feel that everything works perfectly in this movie- the twist on the line about "the world shall turn to Ash", Ash getting picked randomly to be the one to collect the spheres but ends up being the one the prophecy is about, and Ash's enemies helping him out and sacrificing themselves for the greater good. It was definitely Team Rocket's finest hour, and I'm certainly glad their sacrifice didn't end up costing them their lives after all. I also liked all the great lines in this movie. :)

It's strange that I didn't like the movie at all the first time I saw it, because I couldn't understand it at all (that's part of the reason the first movie is still my favorite, because I liked it right off the bat), but over time I've really grown to appreciate it.

P

PokeTrainer7783

I have to say this is probably my favorite movie out of all the Pokemon movies. I thought Lugia was so awesome!

This is my 1st favorite movie becuase I love how Ash saved the world from distruction. I love ;249; , ;146; , ;145; and ;144; because they are my favorite legendary pokemon. I also love ;199; becuase I love him when he says, "I could use pants." It's hilarious. I first watched it on Feburay 2001. This is a cool movie. I AM GONNA SEE IT AGAIN!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The apperance of the 3 birds and Lugia were great!Also,why is Brock at Prof.Ivy?

L

lightspeed

I did not watch this movie, I WISH I could watch this movie; I don't know about pokemon at the time this movie was shown. :(:mad: I read the movie summary and I really loved it. ;249;, ;144;, ;145;, ;146; how cool!!!:cool:

P

PokeTrainer7783

I think this was the best one out of all the Pokemon movies. Although I liked the prophecy in the original Japanese version. The dubbed was kind of corny.

B

Blaziken master

Did anyone notice that at the end when Delia and Prof Oak appears, Tracy acts like he doesn't idolize him?Continuity error I suppose.

Kabuto

little punks!
Did anyone notice that at the end when Delia and Prof Oak appears, Tracy acts like he doesn't idolize him?Continuity error I suppose.

Oh yeah I never picked that up. He could've just left at that point. But nothing in the movie is said in the show. A little mention but thats it.
Anyway, I wish they still made movies like these. Movies 1,2,3 are my all time favorite Pokemon movies. As for the Lugia in the Whirl Islands, I believe this is the father of Silver. Of course the legends don't have genders in the games, but the Lugia at the Whirl Islands was the mother.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I like this movie the best so far. It has lots of action and adventure.

Elven Warrioress

Angel of Darkness
This was by far my favorite pokemon movie (except for maybe Celebi voice of the forest). It was full of action, Lugia was awesome, and I loved the music Melody played on her flute-shell thingy. I watch the movie at least once o a month, and I read the book many times in a row. It was sad in a weird way, though. But I love it! ;249;

Cobalt_Latios

Probably the first and only pokemn movie i own. I found it to be great, even my mother(who doesnt really like pokemon all that much) actually found the storyline to be quite decent. What i still dont get is how Lugia uses Aeroblast in this movie and looks something like hyper beam, yet in the newer generation games, Aeroblast looks nothing like hyper beam. Thought there was great comedy in it. Some of my favorites are ones that hint that they actually know that there is an audience, such as:

Jessie: Prepare for more trouble than youve ever seen!
James: Make it double, were on the big screen!
Ash: I dont wanna catch this on video.

But the end sequence with Jessie and James with the "thats good"/"thats bad" really was quite funny. But before they say that is even better:

Team Rocket: But nobody even saw the good we did
Slowking: everybody did, take a look! *points at audience*

Probably my favorite after heroes.

And the question of Lugia's "fingers" might have something to do with the myth its based on, the greek Halcyon.

Anyway's been about 4-5 years since ive seen it, making it that good that i still remember it.

F

Fabian _DS

It was funny!
That music on the end was realy GOOD.
This is a lot of funny:

Jessie: Prepare for more trouble than youve ever seen!
James: Make it double, were on the big screen!
Ash: I dont wanna catch this on video.

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
This moive was the best XD and not to metion ASH Was so hot

F

Fabian _DS

And: Teamrocket: (dutch) deze keer laten we ons niet afschepen!
*komt melody's schip op hun af*:p

In dutch version, team rocket's voice are like an italian. :(

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I just watched the movie last night. Its so awesome, I love it. I like how Ash was the chosen one and how Team Rocket and him worked together in order to save the world. So many funny lines, the animation was great too. And I did love the music. So yes def one of my favorite movies.