• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Power Of One (M02)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Power Of One!

Ash in his travels along the Orange Islands gets sidetracked to Shamouti island after his boat got dragged out at sea. He becomes involved in the festival to celebrate a prophecy. But when a Pokémon Collector starts collecting the Legendary Bird Pokémon to awaken the most powerful Legendary Bird, Lugia. Can Ash save the world?

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

B

Blue,Too?

This is my favorite pokemon movie so far. Slowking was pretty funny and it seemed like the world was actually going to end (by a crazy chess playing pokemon collector, no less). Some people didn't like how they hinted that Ash was the "chosen one", but come on people, even in the Japanese version, it was still obvious, since who else would, Tracey?

I give this a 10/10.

G

Gigi

Blue said:
Some people didn't like how they hinted that Ash was the "chosen one", but come on people, even in the Japanese version, it was still obvious, since who else would, Tracey?

Why not...? >.>() The only reason why Satoshi saved the world was because Furura thought he was cute or whatever. X.o() Who knows... Kasumi's a Pokemon trainer... Kasumi coulda saved the planet. :p

B

Blue,Too?

But still, who was the main character? Satoshi. So who was gonna save the world? Satoshi. Didn't matter what the legend said, since it was obvious from the get go, no matter which version you are watching.

EXP:282

Is Back!!! For now.
this is my favourite pokemon movie. I mean that Lugia is my second favourite legendary after Mewtwo. I like it because its more action like and mystical than the first one. And a bit funny when they were on Fire Island.
''Welcome to my world, i have to deal with his stubborn attitude evry single day' Misty
''Oh youll get used to it. Its just something youll need to work on when the two of you get married'' Melody
''Take that back!''Misty
''Look kid, when you get involved with the oppisite sex your only looking for trouble'' Jessie
''Thats the kinda trouble, i stay out of'' James
''Yous two dont need the opposite sex cause youve got each other'' Meowth
''What does that mean?'' Jessie
'' Not funny'' James

C

Crystal Latios

First I really didn`t like this Movie. Now I think, its fine. I like this plot and characters (Melody, that girl with green hair, Slowking, LawrenceIII etc.), also, I like Music a lot.
Team Rocket has a bigger role. They are not only losers and they haven`t been there only for 5 minutes. Also, hehe, Misty was jealous, because Melody liked Ash.

Freedom

Pokeman
I liked this movie. We got to see Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. There were lots of Pokeshipping hints. The music was really good.

This was an okay movie. Not the best Pokemon movie. I give it 7 out of 10.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
This is my favorite movie by far. It has my favorite legendary in it, Slowking is really funny ("I could use pants") and I just love the music in it.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Meh. I gave up on the movies when they stopped being released (P3 was the last one I saw) I only saw this for the Ancient Mew card

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I liked it because of Jiri (I REFUSE ta call him Lawrence III. Period.), and because Tracey was ACTUALLY in a movie. With a big role. :D

I wish he would've saved the world. ; ;

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
I liked this movie, it was really good. It's not really one of my favorites, but I really liked it. And now for......THE QUOTES!!!!!!

Ash: *walking through deep snow* Right now, I feel more like the Frozen One!

Slowking: I could use pants... XD

And probably my favorite...
Jessie: I'd hate to get burned by their fire!
James: I'd hate to get zapped by their lightning!
Meowth: I'd hate to get hit by...their droppings!
XD!!!

G

Gigi

Phantom_Bugsy said:
I liked it because of Jiri (I REFUSE ta call him Lawrence III. Period.), and because Tracey was ACTUALLY in a movie. With a big role. :D

I wish he would've saved the world. ; ;

Same! >:3 Double same! 'Cept furura would need to keep her paws off him. >.> *Grr*
Kenji was in the third and fourth movies too, but it was only for a few moments, sadly. T.T

G

GOD.

i just noticed that the piece of music used in this film (the bit where melody, misty and tracey go after ash) was also used in "get this show on the road" XD

L

LugiaMew

I LOVE this Movie! Especially the Theme tune. "Life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible.........." Sorry, got carried away..

Ryusuke Hikari

Rurouni Kenshin
This movie is one of the best of the 7 by far. Very dramatic, great music, and...great comedy?

"I could use pants..."

"Listen to me kid, when you get involved with the opposite sex, you're only asking for trouble!"
"And that's the kind of trouble...I stay out of."
"Usually you two don't need the opposite sex, 'cause you got each other! LOL"

"We're on the big screen!"
"I gotta catch this on video!"

"Our ship has finally came in!" *ship comes in*

LOL

10/10

S

starscream

yea i also noticed that the piece of music from this film is the same as from the episode, well spotted

P

Perfect Darkness

This movie was the funniest andbest if you ask me. I support pokeshipping which was also why I liked the movie. I am a major pokeshipper. Anyway aside from that, although many may have not found one part as funny as I have, but oh well. This is not the exact wording, but I know it went something like this:

"Oh no, what are we going to do? The balls have not been placed in the amount of time they were supposed to be so now there will be a never ending war between the three birds!" Melody

"But we can stop it!" Ash or Misty

"No, it was destined. It even says that in the legend that it was supposed to be. When the balls are not placed the wholeworld will turn to ash." Melody

"Wait, ash. Ash, iut means Ash Ketchum!"Misty or MELODY.

Ash is the hero...again.-_-. Can't someone else be? Misty or Tracey maybe. Of maybe Melody if you want to make it intresting.~_^

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
As hard as this plot was to swallow (as soon as I heard "the earth shall turn to ash" I immediately put two and two together and thought "Oh, my God, that's ridiculous"), I still remember liking it a lot upon its initial release. I remember it well - it was during the week of my annual family camping trip, and my dad drove me, my sister, my friend, and my sister's friend out to the theater. Of course, my sister and her friend went to "Nutty Professor II: The Klumps", so my dad took me and my friend to this. Despite a brief, screen-darkening technical difficulty halfway through the film (I still don't know what happened), I remember having a good time, especially exchanging little asides with my friend at certain scenes - when Misty says "You act like Pokémon are just things to collect like cards or toys!", I turned to him and whispered "Absurd, isn't it?" I also vividly remember staying behind in the theater to listen to the ending credits music - and booking it towards the exit at top speed when I heard "Polkamon" by Weird Al Yankovic. No offense to the guy, but the song didn't belong on the credits.

I think Jessie, James, and Meowth totally stole this movie for me. Though usually I despise it when they temporarily go good, I forgave them this time because otherwise it would have meant world destruction. And they got a lot of good lines (I'm surprised their "opposite sex" routine was even in the movie), plus their ending discussion with James going "That's good! That's bad. That's good...or is that bad?" made me laugh - even moreso when I found out that they lifted it from an episode of "The Simpsons".

Only downside to this movie - the promo cards. All the theater had was Moltres, so I wound up with three of the same card (my dad didn't want his, and my friend gave me his). At least they made good trading collateral later on - I think one of them was involved in the four-card trade that got me my unlimited Base set Charizard.

On a final note, Slowking's "I could use pants" is one of those rare times when 4Kids' dub alterations actually works (and I still don't know why they cut Tracey's explanation of the chemical reaction between Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres' attacks).