• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Prehistory Club!

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I hear that New England used to be a great crossroads for all kinds of dinosaurs when it was connected to Europe at one point (I think I saw that on a documentary on the History Channel). I live in Maryland, so that's not too far off. There might be some fossils that I just haven't looked for yet. Maybe I have to check out the paleontology section at the Science Center again.

George~©

All Gravy
I'm heading off to Arran in March to study the Carboniferous Invertebrate fossils that they have there. Especially excited to see the Arthropleura footprints.

Hypno12

Looking at Dartfrogs
I don't get to do stuff like that but I have a piece fossilized mud filled with pieces of wood for around the start of the Permian. Once I get out of college I plan to be a .... Well its a secret. But lets just say it will revolutionize the scientific world.

Last edited:

Hypno12

Looking at Dartfrogs
I didn't buy it I found in California. It took forever to find out what time period it was from. Also I exaggerated it is from the late Permian

Last edited:

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
[insert name here]: Toobworm
Favorite Prehistoric Animal: Ammonites! I love those things, they're so alien.

I'm more of an Intelligent Design kind of guy, but I'd still love to join!

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
OK people, I finally found my fanmade starter line.
Grassaurus, Plant Dino Pokemon (Microraptor, Grass/Rock, Starter body covered in feathers, including 4 wings) ==>
Slasheraptor, Leaf Raptor Pokemon (Utahraptor, Grass/Rock, evolves from Grassaurus at lv. 20, feathers cover most of body, no wings) ==>
Clawdon, Scythe Claw Pokemon (Therizinosaur, Grass/Rock, evolves from Slasheraptor at level 40, feathers cover little of body)

I hope you like 'em!
Edit: Whoops, sorry for the double post, people.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Thanks for accepting me! Iv'e never heard of that hatze.....hatzuh.....

....pterodactyl thing, but it sounds interesting! what did it look like?

Edit: I googled it, I recognize the physiology. That thing's impressive! It amazes me that all the dinosaurs could fly like that, more than anything else. ^^

They ate fish, right? They were like gigantic sea-hawks, and they probably hung around clif sides, didn't they?

Also, have you heard of Nyctosaurus? They had HUDE head crests. They were pterosaurs too.

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
...First of all, pterosaurs weren't dinosaurs. Second of all, I'm pretty sure that at least the later adzarchids (Hategopteryx, Quetzalcoatlus, and their relatives) were far more land oriented than, say, a Dimorphodon or a Pteranodon. Hatzegopteryx was even the top predator in its island ecosystem (along with the odd dromaeosaur Balaur, which had an extra toe claw on each foot and only two fingers on each hand.) I've also heard of Nyctosaurus. They appeared in several episodes of the show Prehistoric Park.

Hypno12

Looking at Dartfrogs
I got a new fossil for Christmas. It is an Orthoceras and is one of the oldest fossils I have seen. 500 to 190 million years ago was its time range.

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
^Actually, yes, I have. It outrages me when I find inaccuracies in toys and movies about dinosaurs, and I plan to be a paleontologist when I grow up. By the way, here's my fossil list:
Spinosaurus aegyptiacus tooth
Charcharocles megalodon tooth
Unnamed trilobite
Coprolite (unknown species)

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Megaladon? *geeks out*

I love those fish! Aquatic animals were way cooler when they were that huge. ^^

I have a fresh water snail fossil, it's pretty big, about as big as an orange. It's quite a few pounds, too. It looks kind of like this:
6fssl-gastropod-trepospira-dechant.jpg

Only more worn down (I found it in a dry creek bed) and less colorful.

I also found a bivalve-type fossil in the creek bed, its big too.

I personally believe that the fossil record is flawed, since nobody's found the entire fossil record in one place, so I think that paleontology is at least slightly corrupt in its research, but when it comes to classification, I can understand.