• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Problem With Paras (044)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Problem With Paras!

Having ran out of Pokemon Medicine, Ash & Co. go to a local place to get some Potions. However they dont have much due to the owner's Paras being weak. Can Ash & co help train the Paras so it can evolve into Parasect?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
I liked it when James said, "Cupid's arrow strikes - when you least expect it"

When they first aired the episodes around this time, I think they showed them out of order. They showed Charizards evolution ep. before this one, if I recall correctly.

I love it when Team Rocket tries to do good things.

7.5/10

R

Robert

Erm... I suppose I'm a rebel, because I enjoyed this one. I thought it was a pretty funny episode the entire way through.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Robert said:
Erm... I suppose I'm a rebel, because I enjoyed this one. I thought it was a pretty funny episode the entire way through.

At first it, it was kinda pathetic watching teh Pokemon fainting after Pikachu just touch it.-__- But it turned out to be an alright episode. I was just getting into the whole Pokemon thing when I watched this episode, so Im on your side about this Robert.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Paras was obviously not that great till the end of the episode, but I really like this episode for the positive view we get of Team Rocket. Especially since Cassandra had been so upset with the way they were handling Meowth at the beginning of the episode, and ended up being their supporters by the end of the episode. :D It's so rare nowadays for Team Rocket to do heroic things and be acknowledged for it that episodes like these are real heartwarmers. :)

V

Volt Tackle

This episode was lame. Why would Charmeleon be completely disobediant after this?

~Mist~

revolutionary~
IMO, this was a really funny episode. I loved it when TR tried to be good and help out. XD Having Charmeleon disobey was pretty funny. ^^ I enjoyed that one, to be honest.

P

pik achoo

I was sad to see paras so weak. But any ep. where a pkmn evolved i liked because I like seeing them evolve.

O

Ojkoj

whenever i think of that episode i think of church, yes i kno u nnow think im screwed up. but i remember not being able to see it cuz of church. so we recorded it.

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
This epy got on my nervies, but I still liked it.. =/ I liked the old lady! she was scary! X3;;

E

Ethereal

Ojkoj said:
whenever i think of that episode i think of church, yes i kno u nnow think im screwed up. but i remember not being able to see it cuz of church. so we recorded it.
Heh, funny you say that. Same here. I couldn't wait to finally see a new episode, after seing every episode up to "March of the Exeggutor Squad" over and over, and I recorded it, so I could see it when I got home from church. I also remember that it was on Valentine's Day when this first aired. I remembered that, because I thought it was cool that James said, "Cupid's arrow tends to strike - when you least suspect it.". I thought that line was put in because it was being aired on Valentine's Day. Those two things are how I remember this episode.

And what's with all the hate? I love this episode. One of my favorites of all time. Definitely the funniest and most memorable episode to me. I found nothing wrong with it.

"Paras! Paras! Stomp and stamp! You bet! Paras! Paras! That's our champ!"...Ah...memories. ^_^

I feel old as hell. ;; [/emo]

Heracross

Custom User Title
Heh, I liked this one too. I thought it was neat how it was set in that tiny little town, and Kiyomi was cute. Nyasu thought so too - he really had it bad for her. XD It was interesting that they had him fall in love with a human character before they introduced his history with Madonnya.

This was also one of the only times we got to see Lizard before he evolved again. His disobedience was funny. And it was great to see the return of the Rocket-dan's cheer squad costumes.

K

Keppeshuh

Psychic Venusaur said:
When they first aired the episodes around this time, I think they showed them out of order. They showed Charizards evolution ep. before this one, if I recall correctly.

Now that you mention it, I'm almost certain WB aired the Paras episode as a "LOST EPISODE OF POKEMON" at the time; why, I don't know. But I think I remember what you're talking about, the disorder of Charizards evolution... thing.

Anyway, haha, I liked this episode. It was funny and lame in its own way; kind of like the St. Anne episode.

(Also, I think I remember Paras humping a tree, which was BIG LAFFS for a kid in his prepubescent years)

D

Dark Magic

There's no way Paras is THAT much of a weakling, for any reason. How it evolves without doing anything but poking other pokemon for a 'win' is ridiculous, how is that experience.

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
Why would Jessie and James tell Casandra they're super heroes, then feel insulted about being called super heroes again years later?

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Actually, Jessie and James never said they were superheroes in the first place. They chanted their motto and Cassandra assumed they were heroes. It's a case of mix-up similar to what happened in "We're No Angels" - the girl mistakes them for heroes when they chanted. I'm surprised that the dubbers remembered this episode when they dubbed "We're No Angels" and referred to it by having Kate cry "They're superheroes!" just like Cassandra assumed.

I hated this episode because that was when Charmeleon started acting mean. Charmeleon was only in three episodes(when it evolved, this episode, and two episodes later, when it evolved to Charizard). Of course, once Charizard trusted Ash in the Orange Isles, he quickly became one of my favorite Poke-characters and seeing him take on big stuff(like "The Symbol Life", where he kicked butt on an ARTICUNO, my fave Legendary Bird) shows how far he has come.

However, as one weirdo character in another anime said, "to make an omelet, you have to break a few eggs", and this episode was the first "egg" to break. The nice thing of this episode is that Meowth got a crush on a girl and did his hardest to help her Paras evolve. The part I hated most in this was the part where Charmeleon was about to KILL Paras and then it poked him and won. Deux ex machina, anyone? :rolleyes:

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
C.J. Ray said:
Actually, Jessie and James never said they were superheroes in the first place. They chanted their motto and Cassandra assumed they were heroes. It's a case of mix-up similar to what happened in "We're No Angels" - the girl mistakes them for heroes when they chanted. I'm surprised that the dubbers remembered this episode when they dubbed "We're No Angels" and referred to it by having Kate cry "They're superheroes!" just like Cassandra assumed.
I distinctly recall James asking her "Don't you recognize superheroes when you see them?" after laughing about either him of Jessie being trainer to Meowth when he was close to death.