• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pros and Cons of Viz Media

I hate the fact how now we're in a drought of Pokemon Adventures inbetween three months. February, then June and then October for the next release of DPPt. Unless they plan something differently.

matt0044

I hate the fact how now we're in a drought of Pokemon Adventures inbetween three months. February, then June and then October for the next release of DPPt. Unless they plan something differently.

Well, it's not like they can release them all at once.

Lumineon457

I sent TPCi a support question, with an attachment of the image from the cover of vol 15, but with Ruby only. This method, as opposed to email, has more categories than just TCG. You need to have a pokemon.com account, though.

I also voted for;258;on the DW poll, in hopes that a Gen III Pokémon would help support the publishing of these arcs.

Update: I got a robotic response. At least it mentioned "future releases."

Last edited:

matt0044

I got a robotic response. At least it mentioned "future releases."

How come you double post?

On-topic: If the RS remakes are what's holding back the RS chapter's release in the US, then we might be in luck since Junichi Masuda said that he'd "consider" the remakes. Let's hope that GF goes through with this.

Masteryoshimon

PokeAnalyzer
One thing that I like about Viz, especially over online scanlators is that Viz gets things right, usually...

A few months ago I was complaining about the new BW arc because the online scalations confused the order of the arc, so it gave me a wrong impression, but just yesterday, I read the Viz translations, misunderstanding cleared ^.^

matt0044

How come the publishers of PokeSpe in Japan let Viz translate the DPPt arc? Surely they knew about Sird and such spoilers?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
How come the publishers of PokeSpe in Japan let Viz translate the DPPt arc? Surely they knew about Sird and such spoilers?

Maybe they didn't know?...Or just didn't care?

matt0044

Lumineon457

There's a post on VIZ's Facebook page that says that the adventure continues with D/P/Pt. Makes me wonder how they plan to "continue" an adventure if Sird/Saque/Storc/Nancy hasn't been truly introduced, yet she'll appear later on… Of course we've been wondering this (seeing as she spoils the end of the FrLg arc).

Originally Posted by VIZMedia
Our Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventures concludes at volume 14- but start reading Pokemon Adventures Diamond & Pearl/ Platinum to continue the story. Hope that helps!

However, I have also been hoping to read "Escape!" That ties into the GSC arc!

In all honesty, they just need the RS arc to help prepare for the E arc that wraps up the FrLg cliffhanger, which is in an arc already tied to the RGB and Y arcs, as well as the GSC arc and, ultimately, the Pt Arc, which is forthcoming, since it's after the DP arc.

How exactly do they plan on labeling the HgSs arc?

Last edited:

matt0044

Well, they have to know as Viz has to license the specific volumes. Maybe..you know..they know that it doesn't matter like everyone thinks it does?

I just wish that they took the story into consideration.

matt0044

I think that Viz should have Pokemon Manga sold outside the Kids section so more older Manga readers who never read the series can pick up vol. 1 and get into it. It can retain the "All Ages" rating too.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I think that Viz should have Pokemon Manga sold outside the Kids section so more older Manga readers who never read the series can pick up vol. 1 and get into it. It can retain the "All Ages" rating too.

The manga is fine in the kids section it is after all a children franchise. Do not under any illusion think that Pokémon Adventure is aim for the mature audience, it isn't.

The same goes for the Japanese version.

matt0044

The manga is fine in the kids section it is after all a children franchise. Do not under any illusion think that Pokémon Adventure is aim for the mature audience, it isn't.

I know. I was suggesting that they put volumes in the Manga section as well as the Kids Manga section. I know that PokeSpe is for kids but it can appeal to older fans as shown in these forums.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
I agree that's not fun, but my problem is more of the fact that we're not getting Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald arcs released every other month alongside the DP release like we should.

Well, it's not like they can release them all at once.
Well technically they could release a few at a time or more often since companies are usually volumes ahead of what volume is currently out, but it makes more sense to only have one volume to come out at a time every so often.

On-topic: If the RS remakes are what's holding back the RS chapter's release in the US, then we might be in luck since Junichi Masuda said that he'd "consider" the remakes. Let's hope that GF goes through with this.
I would a RS remake. And I'd be glad if it helped us get the RS arc as well. Though, if that really is the reason for this, then that would mean even if it did come out we'd only ever get RS, not FRLG or E unfortunately. :/

One thing that I like about Viz, especially over online scanlators is that Viz gets things right, usually...

A few months ago I was complaining about the new BW arc because the online scalations confused the order of the arc, so it gave me a wrong impression, but just yesterday, I read the Viz translations, misunderstanding cleared ^.^
Online scanlators get things right too. The reason for the confusion was the scanlator you were referring to couldn't buy all the volumes.

Maybe..you know..they know that it doesn't matter like everyone thinks it does?
It does matter a bit, but you're right that the publishers didn't care. Or who knows, they might not know. Just because they publish the work doesn't necessarily mean they're familiar with it.

That does make sense, but just because something isn't in the kids section doesn't mean it's not a kids franchise or for kids. I've seen plenty of other kids books and series that aren't in the kids section. And how on Earth did he seem like he was? He still said to keep it the "All Ages" rating, not to bump it up because it's a mature series or anything. You should be saying this to other people who actually are under that illusion.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I just think that people need to be more willing to go to the kids section. There's no logical reason not to.

matt0044

Why is it that the translators are afraid of using the words "die," "dead," "death," etc. in later volumes of PokeSpe? They never outright deny the existence of death (at least it never rubbed off on my like that) so why ban mentioning the words in favor of words like "destroy," "eliminate," "dispose," get rid of," etc when it's clear as day that our heroes could die.

Platinum could've drowned in the Great Marsh had Pearl and Dia hadn't acted quickly, Red could've been a Victribel's feast in the Safari Zone in a matter of seconds, Crystal could've been suffocated by Ditto... My god, Hidenori Kusaka's pretty sadistic when you think about it. That aside, why prevent direct mentions of death if you're going to show people about to die or possibly dying anyways?

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Why is it that the translators are afraid of using the words "die," "dead," "death," etc. in later volumes of PokeSpe? They never outright deny the existence of death (at least it never rubbed off on my like that) so why ban mentioning the words in favor of words like "destroy," "eliminate," "dispose," get rid of," etc when it's clear as day that our heroes could die.
This is only in latter volumes right? If so I'd suggest seeing who the editor is in the volumes with it left in and taken out. It might be due to a different editor.

ReiZerou

This is only in latter volumes right? If so I'd suggest seeing who the editor is in the volumes with it left in and taken out. It might be due to a different editor.
The editor is the same for all the current volumes except 4-9, which were edited by different person. I don't see much differences in them. Volumes include some death and killing mentions, but there were softened parts as well. So I think the translators decide what is alright and what has to made lighter, and they don't have any specific guidelines about it. And if they do, they can still left some.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Platinum could've drowned in the Great Marsh had Pearl and Dia hadn't acted quickly, Red could've been a Victribel's feast in the Safari Zone in a matter of seconds, Crystal could've been suffocated by Ditto... My god, Hidenori Kusaka's pretty sadistic when you think about it. That aside, why prevent direct mentions of death if you're going to show people about to die or possibly dying anyways?

I'm telling you that's the real reason we aren't getting RS yet. They haven't found a way to tone down all the death and child abuse in it. RS is a censorship nightmare.