• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pros and Cons of Viz Media

matt0044

As much as I'd love to see that happen, that's not how businesses work- making the decision to stop the path they were heading and then changing their minds just for the heck of it.

Maybe not for the heck of it but rather taking the idea into consideration before making any final decisions.

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
For what it's worth, this little exchange happened on the Viz Facebook recently...

VizMedia, will the Ruby and Sapphire, Firered and Leafgreen and Emerald chapters of Pokemon Adventures? Because there will be plot holes by the time you release volume 38 if haven't released the others

Vizmedia said:
It just depends on what Pokemon USA will let us release. Let's hope they give us permission to do it.

...Of course, this can either mean they can't get the rights, or they're covering up that they didnt want to.

Last edited:

Ememew

Emerald Mew
For what it's worth, this little exchange happened on the Viz Facebook recently...

Vizmedia said:
It just depends on what Pokemon USA will let us release. Let's hope they give us permission to do it.

...Of course, this can either mean they can't get the rights, or they're just making excuses.

Well, that certainly puts a different spin on things if that's the real reason. Wonder why they would only get the rights to selected chapters in the first place, though.

Lumineon457

Well, that certainly puts a different spin on things if that's the real reason. Wonder why they would only get the rights to selected chapters in the first place, though.

Unfortunately, I just checked pokemon.com. They only look at website and TCG related mail. :(

matt0044

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
The heck do you mean?
I'm guessing Lumineon457 wanted to get into contact with Pokemon USA directly, but Pokemon.com's provided e-mail is just for questions about the website & the TCG. Though I'm sure there has to be a general purpose PUSA email somewhere.

Lumineon457

I'm guessing Lumineon457 wanted to get into contact with Pokemon USA directly, but Pokemon.com's provided e-mail is just for questions about the website & the TCG. Though I'm sure there has to be a general purpose PUSA email somewhere.

Alas, no. They have two customer support e-mail addresses: tech and prodhelp. Also, when I say website, I mean the Trainer Club. That being said, we should still inform the guy who started the petition.

ReiZerou

You have to login to send TPCi a question. Then there's the "customer service" at the bottom of the site. Go there and click "My Support History". You will be redirected to the site and there will be a tab named "Ask a Question". There are multiple departments to choose and there's also "General Feedback" and "Other". I guess "Other" is the best choice in this case.

And did it stop us from sending e-mail to Viz to their product e-mail address? TPCi also has a customer service address, and I believe we could try to use it as well. It's customerservice@pokemon.com. It appears on the registration e-mail that they send.

I believe Viz is telling the truth in this case. And it would be even more unprofessional from them to blame TPCi for nothing. After all, TPCi is the controller of the rights of Pokémon and they have their own reasons. It might either be the "violence and nudity" stuff or the same reason why Japan moved the release of the RS wides. Japan might even be part of this if this is the case.

matt0044

I hope that Viz eventually gets the rights to release the RS Wides soon. It could help them avoid spoilers with the DPPt arc if they get to the FRLG arc faster and maybe slow down the release of said arc.

As for censorship, the nudity is implied and it's not like it never happened before it American-made cartoons or comics (mostly male but occasionally implied female nudity). As for the violence, I'd prefer that they tweaked the dialogue they translated only but not too much.

Lumineon457

Well, I sent an email to TPCi. It was basically the same as my Viz one, but with an added sentence about the rights.

matt0044

ReiZerou

Viz did not even respond to me. Hopefully TPCi does.
The more we send mails the higher the chance that at least some of us will get a response. That was the case with VIZ since I and a few others got a same response. So I'm sending one to TPCi too.

But I don't think that VIZ's response means that TPCi isn't giving them the permission.
I think that our demands have made progress and VIZ has proceeded to ask TPCi about it and they haven't got a response yet.

Look how VIZ's messages have progressed over time:
We have no plans to release them --> If enough people demand it. --> We have got a lot of letters. --> Let's hope TPCi gives us permission to do it.

I remember someone getting a third response saying they had got a lot of letters, but I can't find the thread it was in anymore. Why do the threads disappear after there're two pages of them?!

Lumineon457

you did? o3o Tell us if they respond back.

My Response? This:

Thank you for contacting The Pokémon Company International.

This email address is no longer valid. Please visit our new support portal at http://support.pokemon.com/.

We offer a number of ways to find the answer you're looking for. Please see below to find the method that best suits your current problem or inquiry.

* Self Service *

The Pokémon knowledge base of Frequently Asked Questions is the place to find answers quickly, without having to wait for an agent to respond. Answers for many commonly asked questions are available in this searchable site. Many of these answers will tell you what information to include when contacting support for a particular issue, so you can often speed the process along by sending the necessary information in your initial inquiry.

* Ask a Question *

If you can't find what you're looking for in our FAQ, just click the Ask a Question tab. You will be prompted to log in to your Pokémon Trainer Club account in order to submit your inquiry. Once there, simply fill in the required fields, and submit your question.

* Contact us about technical problems *

If you are having trouble with account creation, or are having issues logging into your account, you can email us directly at techhelp@pokemon.com. Please note we only respond to account related issues at this address. Inquiries not pertaining to account issues will not receive a response.

Please Note: We have created this process so that you are able to contact us regarding account issues, even if you are unable to log into your Pokémon Trainer Club account. We only accept Technical Support questions via this method.

* Contact us about TCG product related problems *

If you’ve got a problem with a Pokémon TCG product you have purchased, and wish to contact us without creating a Pokémon Trainer Club account, you can email us directly at prodhelp@pokemon.com.

Please note we are only respond to TCG Product related issues at this address. Inquiries not pertaining to TCG Product issues will not receive a response.

Yeah.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
My Response? This:
* Ask a Question *

If you can't find what you're looking for in our FAQ, just click the Ask a Question tab. You will be prompted to log in to your Pokémon Trainer Club account in order to submit your inquiry. Once there, simply fill in the required fields, and submit your question.

Yeah.

Would this one work to get answers? It's the only option in their response that looked remotely helpful.

ReiZerou

Oh, I'm sorry I gave a not-valid e-mail address. I thought it could work since it hasn't been a long time I registered there. Well, going to resend the message to the "Ask a question".

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Pros: They released the manga so that we can read it.
Translation isn't that bad.
Volume covers pretty good. (It would have been better if they kept the original
background colors that looks better to my opinion)
Quality of the books is nice.
to lazy to write more pros.

cons: Why did they had to translate some nicknames? why did they forgot Red's
nicknames for his pokemon?
Blue and Green name switch did bothered me FRLG arc makes it clear enough for
me.
Not releasing RS, FRLG and E arc.
Released DP arc to early. Releasing BW magazine scans is a waste of paper and
money.
the censoring of some scenes seriously have the kids in U.S. never got any
correcting parent slap? My mom gave me a lot when I was young.
Translating sound effect is kinda not needed I don't think kids will read it or bother
about it.
I have more but I am to lazy to write them down.

matt0044

Released DP arc to early. Releasing BW magazine scans is a waste of paper and
money.
the censoring of some scenes seriously have the kids in U.S. never got any
correcting parent slap? My mom gave me a lot when I was young.
Translating sound effect is kinda not needed I don't think kids will read it or bother
about it.

I kinda do enjoy reading the BW mini volumes and the DPPt chapter volumes from Viz despite you know what. I prefer that they didn't but the stories are still entertaining.

The censorship I tend to put out of my mind when it bothers me. The slap panel should've been changed to Crys's mom shouting at Crys (well redrawn, of course) if they really had to do it.

The sound effects are needed since how will you know what's things sound like. Besides, if that's what you think, then every Manga should'n't have sound effects written out.