• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pros and Cons of Viz Media

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
At this time, it's true that anyone who cares about the plot holes already knows what happens. But when Sird shows up, that'll change.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
For the life of me i don't understand why people complain about this. Anyone who really cares about these plot holes already knows what happens anyway. Just be happy you're getting the dang thing in english at all.

I have to agree with you, just not so strongly :) Pretty much everyone on here knows the plot of DP and the only people who should complain are the ones who didn't read the summaries on Serebi or such. This is why I don't mind all that much to get the DP volumes early. It's not like I don't know what happens. Only those who don't know the story will be confused by the time volume 38 rolls around. But they could always pull a Star Wars and go back I guess. Many anime shows that get dubbed do that for whatever reason.

Lumineon457

I have to agree with you, just not so strongly :) Pretty much everyone on here knows the plot of DP and the only people who should complain are the ones who didn't read the summaries on Serebi or such. This is why I don't mind all that much to get the DP volumes early. It's not like I don't know what happens. Only those who don't know the story will be confused by the time volume 38 rolls around. But they could always pull a Star Wars and go back I guess. Many anime shows that get dubbed do that for whatever reason.

A long time ago in an island nation far, far away…

POKÉMON
SPECIAL

Generation III
Ruby and Sapphire

Lumineon457

So, I decided to send VIZ another email, this time asking about TPCi. I hope I get a response this time.

matt0044

matt0044

Guess what…

Looks like we're just about there. Let's hope for the best. And for little to no censorship from Viz, though I won't hold all my breath.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Looks like we're just about there. Let's hope for the best. And for little to no censorship from Viz, though I won't hold all my breath.

Of course there will be cenorship if this is made. This is like one of the most violent arcs of the series.

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
Guess what…

I saw that reply a little earlier. Im kinda skeptical, not that there's too much to go on but they make it sound like nobody has asked about the series before, which people clearly have. More like a generic answer that they might give to 'license ____' comments.

As for moving this arc out of the VizKids line...doubtful. There may be a large fanbase thats older than their target, but kids are going to be their priority with this series.

matt0044

Say, what kind of violent scenes might Viz mostly likely edit? The chapter where Normsan is being strict with Ruby might be edited but probably not to the point where it looks (very) bad. Probably.

Someone should address the issue of Censorship in Pokemon Adventures to Viz. We might not get a good response but we could get them to think about it at least.

Guess what…

I use to have an FB account, but I closed it; nevertheless, thanks for posting that information! Maybe they just want to start off the RS saga in January or March? I could see another reason due to not releasing this year because of BW. Good to hear that Viz is considering it. But I thought they had to get notification from TPCi?

matt0044

I use to have an FB account, but I closed it; nevertheless, thanks for posting that information! Maybe they just want to start off the RS saga in January or March? I could see another reason due to not releasing this year because of BW. Good to hear that Viz is considering it. But I thought they had to get notification from TPCi?

Maybe they will, maybe they have. Dunno. We'll learn more eventually. I'd like to say that "wishlist" obviously means "List of Manga to bring to America" and Viz was considering translating the arc but has recently became aware of those who actually want the arc.

Honestly, Viz should have a Q&A something (webpage or convention panel) where readers can ask question and get definite answers. I'd really help readers like us understand things better.

Maybe they will, maybe they have. Dunno. We'll learn more eventually. I'd like to say that "wishlist" obviously means "List of Manga to bring to America" and Viz was considering translating the arc but has recently became aware of those who actually want the arc.

Honestly, Viz should have a Q&A something (webpage or convention panel) where readers can ask question and get definite answers. I'd really help readers like us understand things better.

I already have two complete Viz series ( Zelda and Megaman ) and right now I'm collecting Pokemon Adventures. Any word of Viz being at Comic Con in New York in December? I also heard a rumor about a new game announcement by TPCi in December.

Lumineon457

I already have two complete Viz series ( Zelda and Megaman ) and right now I'm collecting Pokemon Adventures. Any word of Viz being at Comic Con in New York in December? I also heard a rumor about a new game announcement by TPCi in December.

They WILL be at NYCC. They will also be at Anime Weekend Atlanta. They posted this on their facebook page.

matt0044

Is it possible for Viz to work around the spoilers with Sird? Maybe it won't be too bad IF Viz's translators for the DPPt chapter play their cards right? Perhaps, if Viz decides to release the R/S to E chapters at the time, then the "spoilers" can be use as an incentive to get readers to read the R/S, FRLG and E arcs. Dunno how but who knows?

They WILL be at NYCC. They will also be at Anime Weekend Atlanta. They posted this on their facebook page.

Interesting, I wonder what the Pokemon Panel is over at AWA? I could go, but it unexpectedly happens to be this weekend? And Viz's tomorrow. So hopefully something good comes up. Anybody else going there on Saturday ( Viz) or Sunday (Pokemon) ? If so, please share the details! If they're any good.

matt0044

I don't get why PokeSpe fans call Blue (boy) Green and Green (girl) Blue as it is in the Japanese version but use the English terms for everything else. Not to say that opinions other than my own are wrong but that's a bit hypocritical, if you ask me.

And will the spoilers with Sird be that bad? Sure, readers will probably look up her character online and might get into some spoilers on the FRLG arc but they might want to read those arcs after that and Viz might be prompted to translate the third generation arc of PokeSpe. Viz could put some words on one of the pages where Sird appears or discusses the FRLG arc briefly saying: "To see more, check out 'Pokemon Adventures: FireRed and LeafGreen' coming soon." Something like those.

Last edited: