• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The PS Vita

BGP_

Well you can always end up buying both a Vita and a 3DS so there is that. BTW Sony will win this time, there I said it. ;)
If you mean consoles, the only one i think that'll give them a run is Nintendo anymore...i don't really see microsoft being a big hit after how lame it's been lately...Sony and Nintendo could be an interesting 1 vs. 1 rivalry though. Maybe we see a repeat of Sega vs. Nintendo, just replace sega with sony...?

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
...the Vita has a lot of ports, that is true, but it also has a lot of NEW titles coming as well.

The only reason the Vita isn't releasing in 2011 for the other territories, is because Sony KNOWS a lot of the non-ports are japanese-only games... and they are giving time for the games to get finished for the NA/EU/AU release!

A lot of people like these games! The fact is, is that the majority of them are very oriented towards Japan, which they SHOULD be because its TOKYO game show, not E3.

Jegus man! The games are coming, this is the Japan line-up, and the other ones are sure to have some very different games as well!

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
It`s finally somewhat been officially confirmed that the Vita is region-free with all games. That being such as that Shuhei Yoshida said it was on Twitter. Sounds like it`s guaranteed since that it was from the President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worlwide studio's. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to have the 3DS's remolded revision issue some of the stuff that would help them to compete better with the Vita. Other than that , The only game that it seems to make me want the Vita is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Hoping that they would have a 3DS version sometime soon so that I won`t repeat the same thing as with the PSP.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
It`s finally somewhat been officially confirmed that the Vita is region-free with all games. That being such as that Shuhei Yoshida said it was on Twitter. Sounds like it`s guaranteed since that it was from the President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worlwide studio's. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to have the 3DS's remolded revision issue some of the stuff that would help them to compete better with the Vita. Other than that , The only game that it seems to make me want the Vita is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Hoping that they would have a 3DS version sometime soon so that I won`t repeat the same thing as with the PSP.

What are you getting at? the PSP has a great variety of games, just a lot of good titles didn't sell well outside Japan... and thats why you import!

Haxy

legendary spooky silke
Hmm...

Right now, my interest in the PS Vita is rising a lot.

Maybe I'll buy it and a game when the time comes... and when I can afford it.

Starrbuck06

I want a PS Vita for Uncharted:Golden Abyss,LittleBigPlanet,Little Deviants and Escape Plan.

I will most likely buy a Vita at launch,probably the Wi-Fi version,since I never take my handhelds out of the home.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
Just convinced my grandma to pre-order me one for the holidays, and since I'll get $120 if I get all A's this semester...

Vita with a launch title and a big fat Memory stick, here I come! Considering the Memory sticks are up to ~$80 in yen, we should see the highest at about $60... due to the recession downgrading. Same happened to the actual hardware, so hopefully!

I can't wait!

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Vita's release date is Febuary 22nd in Europe and NA, and the next day in Australia.

Better get saving for the games.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I think that I will pass on the Vita as I only just brought a PS3 plus my PS2, PSP and 3DS need more love.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Nice

The 3DS felt incomplete, as did the PSP. This looks soo amazing! Little Big Planet, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Little Deviants, Project Gravity, Ratchet and Clank, Modnation racers, and soo much more make this awesome!! Finally Sony makes a good handheld!

Arsène

The 3DS felt incomplete, as did the PSP. This looks soo amazing! Little Big Planet, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Little Deviants, Project Gravity, Ratchet and Clank, Modnation racers, and soo much more make this awesome!! Finally Sony makes a good handheld!

So how exactly are you jumping to conclusions about a device that isn't even released yet?

Sony is already doing their best to eliminate any vestiges of hype for this device.

Oh, here's a few examples of what I meant:

Ridiculous prices on memory that's necessary for use of the system.

Requiring you to pay for UMD based games that you already own, just to enable playback on the device.

Sony just doesn't learn.

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
So how exactly are you jumping to conclusions about a device that isn't even released yet?

Sony is already doing their best to eliminate any vestiges of hype for this device.

Oh, here's a few examples of what I meant:

Ridiculous prices on memory that's necessary for use of the system.

Requiring you to pay for UMD based games that you already own just to enable playback on the device.

Sony just doesn't learn.

Give them time, they have to learn or suffer defeat against smartphones or the 3DS.

I'm still gonna buy a Vita but I'll wait for 3rd party memory cards or for the price to hopefully go down fast.