• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Punchy Pokémon! (029)

Reece

This is one of my favorite episodes. Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee were awesome, Pikachu's Rocket Punch was funny, but I was kinda ****** off that Ash left Primeape train to become the P1 Champion.

JONNO.FRESH

Primape finally listining to ash was awesome. the Hitmons where pretty kool. 7/10 for being an ok epi

Kabuto

little punks!
This was a good episode until Primeape was given away for no good reason at all- it already was a P1 champion. Every other one of Ash's pokemon had at least a reasonable excuse to leave except for Primeape, he should have just been Oak'd. Regardless, this was enjoyable to watch-I really enjoyed Team Rocket's classic glue scheme on Hitmonchan.

Last edited:

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Well of course Okorizaru had to leave forever. Perish the thought of Satoshi having a obedient non-cutesy Pokemon on his main team. :p

It was a great episode until the ending, though I'm still curious as to what that Ebiwaraa-trainer actually said to Satoshi about taking Okorizaro for a while in the Japanese version. In the english version he said he would train him to be a P-1 champion, even though the monkey pig thing was ALREADY a champion. o_O

It also amused me when he told Takeshi to throw in the towel, but he wouldn't give up against Sawamular. This guy is already the champion of the Redundancy-1 tournament.

And why just give away Okorizaro? Would a trade for Ebiwaraa been a better deal?

Last edited:

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
I liked this episode. But why did Primape have to leave?
IMO he would have been one of Ash's biggest powerhouses.

bubblybubbly-bubba

~ Forever Lonely ~
I really,really,really,really,really, didn't want primeape to leave. Atleast the hitmons got introduced.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
A good episode overall, quite original, a cool team rocket entrance and lot's of battles! Also I was actually quite glad Ash wasn't going to use Primape on his main team course his attacks were fairly cheap to me.

It was a great episode until the ending, though I'm still curious as to what that Ebiwaraa-trainer actually said to Satoshi about taking Okorizaro for a while in the Japanese version. In the english version he said he would train him to be a P-1 champion, even though the monkey pig thing was ALREADY a champion.

Yeah I hated that part too, wtf at I am training him so he can become good when he already beat every fighting pokemon...

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
i wish he got it back...

Battra

A good episode, I liked the idea of a fighting tournament to introduce most of the 1st gen Fighting Pokemon. I got a laugh from Ash getting Pikachu to fight Hitmonchan, good thing Pikachu got a lucky punch in before it got a 1st round knockout. Nice to see Primeape listen to Ash now to bad that in its 2nd appearance in the series it leaves forever, since the writers apparently forgot about it, I guess when your not as popular as Charizard you get forgotten about.

Kataphrut

As with everyone else, an AWESOME episode if Primeape did not leave. I always like Primeape and it was all because of the brief time he spent with Ash.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
This is one of my least favorite episodes. Some parts were funny, but most of the episode had me bored.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I liked this episode. Pikachu had no chance against that Hitmonchan, but it was pretty neat how Ash taught it how to box. (For that matter, how does Ash know so much about boxing?)

I also loved Primeape in this episode ^^ He showed off some skill and actually obeyed Ash... I felt kinda sad when Ash left it, though (aww, cute teary-eyed monkey face!). Here's to hoping he'll come back for it some day :p

GDE

Palette Professor
I hope primape comes back someday, through some weird event... also, now that i realize it, hitmonchan had such a big head back in kanto XD

pkmntrjk6

Charizard fan
Yay, Primeape obeying!
Boo, Primeape leaving!
Yay, hitmons introduced!
Boo, Primeape leaving for no reason!
I hated the fact that primeape leaves right afterward.i mean cmon ash could really use him.as i kept on wathing this series and other series i saw so many ways ash could have used him.
PKMNTRJK6;006;

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
This was a great episode. Primeape listened to Ash, but I was sad when he left. Oh well, can't have everything and it was a good episode anyway!

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Poor Primeape. You were only there for a short time. Fun episode though. I don't like fighting Pokemon much. Poor Geodude didn't do anything.

Last edited: