• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Punchy Pokémon! (029)

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think that Primeape would have been a great asset to Ash, if he'd stuck around.

Littlemyuu

Oh the episode with my favorite fighting Pokemon,
I love this episode where Hitmonchan had a fight against Hitmonlee...
to bad Ash gave Primeape away <_<

Icefiyre

Banned
The best of this episode is that is fighting-type oriented so if you use them in your game they'll be one of your favorites. Another favorite part is when Ash watches Hitmonchan and after that he tries to catch it and teaches pikachu a good move. The Team Rocket did a good job stealing hitmonlee but did very bad entering in the contest

milenadrg

Great episode. Hitmonchan Vs. Pikachu and TR masking into that strange guy was funny... The only think I didn't liked is Ash gave his Primeape, it deserved to be a little bit longer at his team... :(

mech king1

Fire trainer
it was a good episode imo, but i would have kept the primeape, or at least have gone back for it.

danparker

I remember this episode. It sure was fun to watch. I was thinking, at the end of this episode, I thought Ash traded his Primeape for the Hitmonchan.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Yet another one of Ash's Pokemon that have been thrown into the wormhole of the writer's minds...
Not a very nice way to let a Pokemon go, IMO. I mean, why would you give away something you supposedly love? Strange, if you ask me. But anyways, I did like the tournament; it was interesting to see the variety of Fighting Pokemon. TR, as always, tries to cheat...but is foiled by Pika-Power :) & also, that man really WAS A GIANT! D:

I give this episode a:
5.8/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good episode, although Primeape left.
I loved especially the tournament, it was great.
And Brock participating was good also.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just saw this at the Dentist's office and it brought back so many memories.

A tournament for Fighting types was a good idea. I liked how Pikachu wanted to fight Hitmonchan, though that didn't end well. Kinda confused as to why Ash left Primeape though, he had just caught it.

Overall, 8/10

NES

Flip me to the side!
Funny how Pikachu tried to fair fight Hitmonchan with gloves and all, but not a really bright idea lol.

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee got spotlight, i remember how much i liked these two back then and it was great to have a fighting pokemon tournament to make them shine. I love Primeape's belt!

Primeape left though :/ to "train" and until now we haven't seen him again lol. Specially because in this episode it began to be loyal to Ash.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
^Wow, dude! Triple Post!

Anywhoooo......I loved this episode, in fact, it's one of few that I own. I love hitmonchan, and I wish with all my heart that mine was real....I love you, Sertorius....I'd even sneak you to the hospital with me when I'm in my residency training.(He could hang out in the staffroom or the on-call room and wait for me...I'd buy him candy bars and stuff from the cafeteria, and let him go with me to the childrens' ward with me when I'd have to perform surgery on children. I bet they'd get a kick out of him...but I digress.)

--But enough of this navel-gazing and talking to my hitmonchan...Excellent episode, though why does Ash leave his primeape with Anthony? It's ALREADY a P-1 champ! Bleh, another stupid move on Ash's part.

9.9/10

~Nemmeh ;107;

;107;I LOVES mah Hitmonchan....;107;

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was pretty cool. I always love tournament or contest episodes and this one was great with all the fighting types. I remember when I was younger I always wanted to see a Hitmonlee battle a Hitmonchan and this episode did it for me. I always hated the fact that Ash left Primeape behind because it's one of my favorite pokemon and could have served Ash well in the long run.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Primeape showed how much potential it has. Too bad it did not realized it with Ash, in one of his gyms/.
As for the tournament - it was great. I always thought a Fighting pokemon tournament would be good to watch, I wonder why Brock has retired with his Geodude? Only because of some punches...

MeowMix

We gotta cook
pika PAWNCH

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It would have better if they had made him trade instead of just giving away. Anything is better than seeing Pokemon thrown away.