• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Punchy Pokémon! (029)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well at least Ash's Primeape began listening to him although it was really late given his departure in this episode. Anthony and Hitmonchan were cool tho plus I liked how Brock was in the tournament as well. ^^

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I kind of liked this episode, there were cool characters, but disappointed that Primeape was left for training, which I remembered the most. But at least Brock participated in the tournament though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Agreed I even got mad that Ash left him to train here since he was finally reliable. What a poor writing decision.

It was disappointing to me too especially since Butterfree had recently left as well. Kanto Ash should have kept all his pokemon instead of letting some of them go, but at least Primeape left for training, which is a reasonable departure excuse. ^^

My favorite part was when Primeape won the whole tournament, but I still don't know if he was released for good or just left for training.

Ssdss

Just watched this episode. I still don't get why the dad is training primeape from ash. Apart from the fact primeape already is p1 champion so does not really need the training, I thought the reason why his daughter was unhappy as because he was spending too much time training hitmonchan so now he decides to take primeape to train lol. Shocking writing

Just watched this episode. I still don't get why the dad is training primeape from ash. Apart from the fact primeape already is p1 champion so does not really need the training, I thought the reason why his daughter was unhappy as because he was spending too much time training hitmonchan so now he decides to take primeape to train lol. Shocking writing

Primeape might've won the P1 tournament, but he had the capacity to get even stronger. So that's my take on things. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Okay so I liked the Fighting-type tournament since it introduced us to most of the 1st Gen Fighting Pokemon. I also had a good laugh from Ash getting Pikachu to fight Hitmonchan. Nice to see Primeape listen to Ash now too, but then he went and left...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Anoki's Ebiwalar battling Satoshi's Pikachu was one of Kanto's funniest moments, and I liked how the Rocket-dan had the nerve to steal someone else's Sawamular for the competition. I'm not exactly sure why Takeshi's Ishitsubute was allowed to compete, but I was glad when Satoshi left his Okorizaru.

ZilverLox

Banned
I remember when I was younger I always wanted to see a Hitmonlee battle a Hitmonchan and this episode did it for me. A tournament for Fighting types was a good idea. I liked how Pikachu wanted to fight Hitmonchan, though that didn't end well. Kinda confused as to why Ash left Primeape though, he had just caught it. :(

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
My favorite part was when Primeape won the whole tournament, but I still don't know if he was released for good or just left for training.

I recently read that the Japanese version may've implied that Ash gave Primeape to Anthony, which kind of makes more sense to me now since Ash never saw Primeape again after this episode. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I recently read that the Japanese version may've implied that Ash gave Primeape to Anthony, which kind of makes more sense to me now since Ash never saw Primeape again after this episode. ^^;

Except that we saw Ash's Primeape at Oak's place in a BW Opening theme song.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Except that we saw Ash's Primeape at Oak's place in a BW Opening theme song.

We saw him in that sure, but I meant that Ash never reunited with his old Primeape and we never even saw Primeape at Oak's lab when Ash went back there at the end of Best Wishes. So I don't believe that Primeape is under Ash's ownership. :[

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
We saw him in that sure, but I meant that Ash never reunited with his old Primeape and we never even saw Primeape at Oak's lab when Ash went back there at the end of Best Wishes. So I don't believe that Primeape is under Ash's ownership. :[

Even if we didn't see him with Ash again, I think the Opening is an indication that that Tony dude is just borrowing Primeape and that Ash still owns him. :/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Even if we didn't see him with Ash again, I think the Opening is an indication that that Tony dude is just borrowing Primeape and that Ash still owns him. :/

I dunno, if Ash was still Primeape's owner then he should've gotten Primeape back by now yet he hasn't even remembered him in who knows how long. So like Butterfree, I'm convinced that Ash's Primeape's gone for good. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer

The Japanese version didn't really imply what Satoshi's Okorizaru's fate would be. In the Japanese version, Anoki simply asked Satoshi to leave Okorizaru with him, without any indication of how long he was planning to keep it. So it could've been a temporary or permanent decision. We just don't know for sure.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
And even with that, openings like SPURT and Be An Arrow just show primeape as it's still Ash's pokemon. I'm still asking myself why.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Primeape had some nice development here once Ash saved it and then started obeying Ash. I'm also glad that Primeape won the entire thing. Too bad Ash gave it away at the end of the episode.