• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Purr-fect Hero! (053)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Children's day seemed like such a fun occasion here and I liked how Ash's group let their pokemon play with the kids. The teacher's temper was hilarious and I liked how the school kept the wild Meowth for Timmy in the end. :D

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
In my opinion, this was one of the more memorable episodes. It was cute, fun, and showed a little bit more of Meowth's personality. I like that it helped with the development. Misty was funny making her own impressions of Meowth. The teacher was hilarious when she screams, although not that an actual teacher should do that. I thought it was cute that the Wild Meowth decided to stay at the school. I also enjoyed the idea of Kids Day and Brock's saying its a day for men, tough men. I always get a kick out of Brock. Overall, it was a good episode 8/10.

Last edited:

Gillachu

Banned
In my opinion, this was one of the more memorable episodes. It was cute, fun, and showed a little bit more of Meowth's personality. I like that it helped with the development. Misty was funny making her own impressions of Meowth. The teacher was hilarious when she screams, although not that an actual teacher should do that. I thought it was cute that the Wild Meowth decided to stay at the school. Overall, it was a good episode 8/10.

It didn't help Meowth much though since we had seen his personality before and he didn't do much here that felt new or counted as development.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It didn't help Meowth much though since we had seen his personality before and he didn't do much here that felt new or counted as development.

Well he showed that he liked being thought of as a hero while he pretended to be the other Meowth. That was a new side of him since he always just showed villainous tendencies before this episode.

JudySpell

Banned
Meowth having fans was such a nice twist even if he was faking the heroic stuff while a wild Meowth was what saved Timmy. 6.5/10

Timmy's Meowth obsession was kawaii + it was different watching Meowth play the role of a hero for once. Too bad he didn't stay good.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Manabu reminded me of myself as a kid, because when I was young I also had a Nyasu obsession. Seeing the Rocket-dan's Nyasu masquerading as the wild Nyasu was delightful, and the teacher Reiko shouldn't have even been a teacher since her lack of patience with the kids was evident from her yelling.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This episode was ok, but I hated the teacher for screaming at her students. Look at how Brock fell in love with her and got scared at the moment she yelled lol. All in all, it was nice to see Meowth act nice for that little boy and the rest of the kids. That was sweet.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode was ok, but I hated the teacher for screaming at her students. Look at how Brock fell in love with her and got scared at the moment she yelled lol.

Reiko's yelling habit was mainly done to add comedy into the episode, although it's odd how the students kept acting up despite them knowing how annoyed Reiko could become when pushed too far.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Good that we saw the TRio's Meowth act like the hero for once and Timmy got his wish in the end when the wild Meowth decided to stay at the school, which I guess makes Timmy a trainer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Good that we saw the TRio's Meowth act like the hero for once and Timmy got his wish in the end when the wild Meowth decided to stay at the school, which I guess makes Timmy a trainer.

I'm actually somewhat confused now regarding whether Manabu officially owned the Nyasu at the end of the episode since some translations make it seem as if the Nyasu was still wild.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine filler episode. Meowth was cool in this episode; good to see him being the good guy for once. While the teacher was funny, no one would want that teach with that kind of manners.

I'm actually somewhat confused now regarding whether Manabu officially owned the Nyasu at the end of the episode since some translations make it seem as if the Nyasu was still wild.
Well, even if Timmy were to own the wild Meowth, he couldn't have because he is not yet old enough to own a train a Meowth. Meowth sticking around at the school foreshadows Timmy owning Meowth, for when Timmy comes of age to own Meowth officially.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Well, even if Timmy were to own the wild Meowth, he couldn't have because he is not yet old enough to own a train a Meowth.

I wonder about that however, because I'm fairly certain that we've seen young kids in future episodes who were trainers despite their age.

gentwoer

I wonder about that however, because I'm fairly certain that we've seen young kids in future episodes who were trainers despite their age.

Can you name an example in the anime, not the games? The games had trainers as young as preschoolers. The anime seemed pretty consistent no actual trainers younger than 10.

A Meowth being a good guy for once was amazing and Team Rocket's Meowth acting like him was funny. I love it when Meowth gets roped into sticky situations.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Can you name an example in the anime, not the games? The games had trainers as young as preschoolers. The anime seemed pretty consistent no actual trainers younger than 10.

I can't name any right off the top of my head since it's hard to keep track of the anime's one thousand episodes and all the events in them, but I could've sworn that we've seen at least a couple of one-off characters who were trainers at a young age. In any case, I suppose I could just as easily be mistaken.

Zyar

Unknown Member
I can't name any right off the top of my head since it's hard to keep track of the anime's one thousand episodes and all the events in them, but I could've sworn that we've seen at least a couple of one-off characters who were trainers at a young age. In any case, I suppose I could just as easily be mistaken.

Wobbuffet's original trainer seemed younger than Ash, who's supposed to be eternally 10. But I guess it's possible he was just shorter. And in James' flashbacks, he's shown to own a Growlithe and a Carnivine, while Jessebelle owned an Oddish; and they seemed a lot younger than 10 to me. But that's a matter of perspective.

I don't think the kid in this episode had a Pokéball, anyway, so I always figured the wild Meowth decided to just stay near him until he could catch it.

Daizy

I call you honey
I also enjoyed the idea of Kids Day and Brock's saying its a day for men, tough men. I always get a kick out of Brock. Overall, it was a good episode 8/10.

His comment was vaguely sexist though and if this episode were made today I bet his line would've been skipped since he was implying that only guys can enjoy kids day.