• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Queen, The Oracle & The Emblem (BT)

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
latias.png

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Levitate
252 Hp / 172 Def / 84 Spe
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Charm
- Flash

I think the sort of people I want rating my teams know how Latias works. The EVs were recommended by Eon Master.

lucario.png

Lucario @ Leftovers
Modest / Inner Focus
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Flash Cannon

My pride and joy. Luke resists every type Latias is weak to, letting it laugh off even the most punishing Bug and Dark-type moves out there.

dragonite.png

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant / Inner Focus
44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Draggy gets great synergy with Luke, bar Electric-type moves. Outrage because BLARGH. The EV spread is Eon's, obviously. EQ is pretty much for Heatran and Magnezone.
-----

Hopefully this team can beat my current record of 153. I'm shooting for 250 at the moment, but we'll see.

Last edited:

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
I think Light Screen is more useful then Reflect, since you can lower the attack stat with Charm already. With Light Screen you can have a better chance against Attack AND Special Attack. Only thing I can see why you're running extra defence support is because Dragonite Special Defence is higher then it's Defence, but you might have some other plans.

Nothing else I can see...

Hope I helped. C:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Reflect is pretty much there for Hyper Cutter and Clear Body Pokemon. Metagross 4 screws me over if Luke can't get set up, and Reflect is a major help there.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Actually, in Lucario's case, you really do. Even with Iron Defence, an untimely Critical Hit will be the complete death of you. OHKO abusers will walk all over anything without Sub, which has actually been the end of many good Tower streaks, including my own. Substitute is basically the ultimate answer to Hax and something taking as long to set up as Luke does is more or less Haxbait. Flash Cannon is a fine move for this Luke; 120 Base Power and only 4x resists held by Heatran, Empoleon and Magnezone. At +6 it will rip through almost anything.

And if it counts for anything, I found myself being grateful for having Sub to ward off the AI's hax, status, etc. many times during my run with this same Luke, before being stopped dead at 144 by a Gliscor which got in some Guillotines while my Sub was down.

Anyway, onto the team. Tbh Pokémon with Hyper Cutter do not pose a large enough threat imo to warrant the use of Reflect on Latias. Pinsir locked into a Bug move gets lol'd at by Lucario, while if it's in a Fighting move for some bizarre reason, Draggy can take it well enough. Any of the Hyper Cutter Pokémon except for Mawile are only really a threat if they carry OHKO moves anyway, which don't care about the Atk stat. Looking towards Clear Body Pokémon, Metagross 4 is a threat, yes, but for this I'd recommend you go with Flash anyway.

892 | Metagross | Adamant | Quick Claw | Meteor Mash | Zen Headbutt | Earthquake | Explosion | HP/Atk

If it blows up in the first turn then yes, you're in an awkward situation but there's nothing really you could have done. The most likely thing for it to do against Latias is to throw Meteor Mash at you. This deals out 41.7% - 49.7%, which does allow you to get in a Flash to play on its pretty mediocre accuracy. This is only a shaky fix, I understand, which is why I would recommend upping your Spe EVs to 44 to outspeed said Metagross even after you've tricked it the Scarf.

Basically what I'm trying to say is Flash > Reflect, because Metagross is the one Pokémon which is of great threat to you who's Atk cannot be reduced, and imo one Pokémon does now warrant the use of Reflect when 44 Spe + Flash does the job fine, not just for Meta, but for anything else you can come across which can be Charmed.

I disagree with Outrage on Draggy; when I used Latias and Lucario together with Swampert, I found Lucario doing most of the work, but occasionally Swampy has to come in. Replace that with Draggy and you run the risk of getting confused after only two opponents have been KO'd, and then causing yourself +6 Atk confusion damage while the AI proceeds to break your Sub and then finish you off completely, especially as you may well hit yourself again. I'd really recommend Dragon Claw.

Hope it helps.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
You make a fine point. Very sloppy mistake by me there. I still stand by Flash > Reflect, though. Reflect for one Pokémon isn't worthwhile imo, and Flash works against more than just Metagross.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^Seconded. Flash is necessary to block out irritating status moves like Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp so they can't cripple your sweepers when they switch in.

Now for the real rate...

On Latias, I'd recommend running at least 36 Speed EVs so as to outrun +Natured Metagross after Tricking the Scarf so you can T-Wave it. However, if you want the best possible spread; 252 Hp / 172 Def / 84 Spe Timid is the best one you can produce. That allows you to outrun Garchomp 2-4 after the Trick so you can hit them with Charm before being Outraged if need be. And believe me, if you're aiming for 250, it will become necessary at some point. One of my old teams, which had the same members as this one, only made it to 237.

On Lucario, you may regret not running Max SpA, especially against Pokemon like Heatran 4. Magma Storm comes very close to 2HKOing Lucario at even with +6, and it takes a 5HKO from Flash Cannon in return with your current spread. In addition, you won't be able to switch due to Magma Storm's secondary effect, rendering Dragonite useless. With Max SpA Modest, a 3HKO is assured without a problem. This problem can be easily solved simply by making the alterations to Dragonite below, but I'm here to provide you with all possible options.

Oh, and Heatran 4 can say f*ck you to your current Dragonite as well, being able to instantly break its subs with Flash Cannon and blow up if you try to set up without them. For this reason, I recommend running Max Attack and 212 Speed EVs to outrun Base 120's like Secptile (and no, that's not what I ran, it's better than my 236 Spe Spread), as well as Earthquake over Roost. Trust me, you'll find the extra power, speed, and coverage far more useful than Roost and the extra bulk.

TBR makes some excellent points in his rate as well, so bear those in mind, especially the ones dealing with Metagross.

I hope this is helpful to you in some way.

Oh, and btw, even if you do top 250, I'm still the king of Serebii at 383 straight wins :D

-Eon Out

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
If I run Earthquake, I might as well go with Garchomp, who's bulkier and has STAB on it. (I need the Fighting/Ground resist, so no.)

I'll make the changes to Latias and Luke, though.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
That's only partially true. The two advantages Dragonite has over Garchomp are better typing (which you already mentioned), and the fact that it doesn't need to worry about being outsped by Pokemon like Starmie after a DD. SubRoost and extra bulk won't help you much against a faster Starmie's Ice Beam/Blizzard. There's a reason Bozo uses Salamence over Garchomp, and that's it. Granted, Dragonite is inferor to Salamence in terms of TrickScarf synergy, but Dragonite is still better than Garchomp for this team.

Also, Dragonite has something like a 97% chance to OHKO all Metagross at +6 with Outrage. With an inneffective STAB move. That means that of all the Pokemon in the game, seven have a possibility of being 2HKO'ed by +6 Adamant Outrage from Dragonite. Everything else is an instant OHKO, meaning that if Dragonite gets fully set up, it becomes an unstoppable train. Even with only partial setup, Nite can still sweep entire teams with ease. I'd make the changes just for that.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
If you're not going to use Outrage, then you probably won't need a Lum Berry. You could probably use a Draco Plate, since all you have (offensively speaking) is Dragon Claw. I didn't do the math, but I feel as if it'd be a much better item since you'll be lacking the offensive power of Outrage. Your edit seems to insinuate that you're apprehensive about the confusion-inducing effect of Outrage, so I mean sans Dragon Rush (lol), you should at least attempt to maximize your power, imo.

That's all I have to say...

VaporeonIce

However, if you want the best possible spread; 252 Hp / 172 Def / 84 Spe Timid is the best one you can produce. That allows you to outrun Garchomp 2-4 after the Trick so you can hit them with Charm before being Outraged if need be.

Erm...where'd you get that Latias would outspeed a Choice Scarfed Garchomp? Or do you mean if Latias comes in later (uncommon, but I guess it could happen)? If Garchomp leads and uses Outrage while you Trick, you'd better hope it doesn't crit Lucario while you try to set up Iron Defense (or that it eventually hurts itself in confusion), or your team is dead. I'd assume you'd use Charm instead in that circumstance and hope that the hax gods don't bless your team with consecutive crit Outrages.

Garchomp and Metagross leads are a pain to this team; at least you can have a decent shot at stalling out Meteor Mash by Tricking, throwing out Protect (or alternating Protect and something useless like Flash) until Latias dies, and using Iron Defense + Substitute with Lucario. Otherwise, it shouldn't have many problems; the biggest one is that Lucario's not all that fast, leaving the team somewhat vulnerable to random crap breaking his Sub with the second Pokemon and KOing with the third, but with its massively boosted defenses, that will pretty much require OHKO moves or crits. Plus, unlike Registeel, Lucario can actually outspeed something after setting up, meaning it can set up another Sub if necessary. I imagine this will work pretty well, barring Metagross 4/Garchomp 4 leads. And, of course, the all-powerful Quick Claw Rhydon :p