• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Quest for the Legends, now with its ILCOETH revision!

S

ScreinNaimme

Wow, I read this entire thing in one sitting and that's definitely a first. Usually I get to about the third chapter and give up, but Dragonfree has done a wonderful job of writing. The only critique that I can give is that the environments could use more desription. I see the Pokemon, I see the characters, I see that attacks and everything else is well done, but I can't seem to picture some of the places that the heroes visit. This lack of description leaves me wanting a little more, but does not detract from the overall polish of the story. Very well done! *Applause*

H

haydenjenz

OH. MY. FREAKING. GOSH.

That was the best damn fic I've ever read. HURRY! Write! Write! Write! I want more! There's absolutely nothing I can criticize on this! It should be published! I say, again, hurry with your writing!

P.S.: I'm afraid I lied about the critiquing bit up there. I realize now that when I transfered Quest for the Legend into Word that I changed the quotes ("") for the Pokémonish into less/more than symbols (<>).

P.S.S.: By the way, your title doesn't suck at all! It's very strong! I myself have a title of a story I wrote similar to that (Quest for Freedom). It's not a fanfic, though, so I can't post it here.

Spazzikarp

The one and only
OOOO! OOOOO! I noticed something no one else did! Atleast I skimmed thru comments and didn't see it.

In Ch 13, during the attack of the Scorplak, Scyther is left into the plot void. Everyone was recalled, except for Scyther and Skarmory. Mark and May flew away on Skarmory, but Scyther had not mention after the sentenced saying how he and Charmelaon were too busy to notice each other.

Just had to point that hole out. Now back to reading the rest.

Dragonfree

Just me
Mark nodded, recalling Scyther, as Skarmory, who had heard that, landed

Mwahahaha. :p

Haydenjenz: Err...

haydenjenz said:
P.S.: I'm afraid I lied about the critiquing bit up there. I realize now that when I transfered Quest for the Legend into Word that I changed the quotes ("") for the Pokémonish into less/more than symbols (<>).
Huh? *is puzzled*

S

SPAWN OF CHARIZARD

Hey great fic and a big fan but when will the next chapter be here?

Dragonfree

Just me
-_- When I finish it, OK? Don't rush me, I write when I'm in the right mood to write.

And I'll admit that I haven't started chapter fourteen yet.

S

SPAWN OF CHARIZARD

I'm sorry I do not mean to rush you, its just that this story is just so awesome that I can't wait for the next chapter.

Spazzikarp

The one and only
^-^ Goodie! the hole is le patched!

I can't wait for the next chapt either, but I'm in no position to rush someone myself, seeing as how I ain't gotten a chapter out on a couple months. I jsut can't wait to see how it will differ from the original version.

H

haydenjenz

Sorry for confusing you, Dragonfree. What I meant was that when I copied and pasted Quest for the Legends to Word, I changed the quotes (" ") to more/less than signs (< >) when Pokémon were speaking.

P.S.: What font is the Three Humans... Twenty Pokémon... One Cause written in (just wondering -- I'm a freak; I collect fonts...)?

Dragonfree

Just me
haydenjenz: But what about the "I'm afraid I lied about the critiquing bit up there"? What did you mean by that? That font is Abaddon, which can be found at 1001freefonts.com (at least I believe that's the address).

Spazzikarp: It isn't exactly patched, because the hole was never there. I opened my word document to find that place, and there was a "recalling Scyther" there...

H

haydenjenz

I'm sorry I can't answer your question right! By
I'm afraid I lied about the critiquing bit up there
I meant that I lied by saying
There's absolutely nothing I can criticize on this
, because I did critique you; although very slightly. Hope I've cleared it up for you a bit.

Dragonfree

Just me
But "I changed the quotes (" ") to more/less than signs (< >) when Pokémon were speaking" isn't exactly criticism, is it? If you mean I should write it like that, sorry but no. For one, I convert my fics to HTML and put them on my site, you know. If I put <> instead of quotations, the whole lines would disappear as the browser would mistake them for tags. I'd have to replace each of them with &lt; or &gt; which is annoying and time-consuming to do. Besides that I don't like slapping "the Pokémon aren't actually speaking English, they're really just saying their names over and over" in your face, when I myself, when picturing the fic in my head, hear the Pokémon speak English instead of saying their names. And you don't see all speech being put in <> instead of quotations in translated books, do you, just because they're really speaking another language which is translated? Nope. Besides, it's harder to read text in <> as dialogue than the quotation marks you're used to.

H

haydenjenz

Alright, alright! ~cowers in a corner and sucks thumb, rocking back and forth~ Don't chew me out over it! I didn't think about the HTML tag thing; I realize now that you're right. Not to be defiant or anything, but in the Animorph series, the morphed creatures speak in <>s. And I wasn't even saying remotely saying that your story sucks. Not at all! Anyways, continue writing (I’m not rushing you, so don’t [verbally] beat the crap out of me anymore), you’re doing awesome! Keep up the splendid work!

Dragonfree

Just me
Sorry... this is the way I respond if I disagree with somebody in general, fanfiction criticism or not (I love to go on and on on why I disagree). Just a me thing. Don't take it like I hate you. My point is basically that I see no reason to put the Pokémon speech in <>. There would be a point in it if nobody understood it except Mark, because it would remind the reader that nobody can overhear them, but because everybody understands them, that purpose is defeated too.

H

haydenjenz

I see. I, like you, also go on and on when I don't agree with someone/thing. Anyways, what do you mean by,
There would be a point in it if nobody understood it except Mark, because it would remind the reader that nobody can overhear them, but because everybody understands them, that purpose is defeated too.
? Does that mean that everyone understands Pokémonish? Well, I'm going to post a Harry Potter fanfic now,so look for it in the Non-Pokémon Fanfics section (and critique me in return)!

Dragonfree

Just me
Yes, of course everybody understands it. They learn it at school. Mark's not the only person in the world who's been to school, you know. :p

N

nintyweb

This is really good. Just one question. When exactly did May catch Pikachu/Lapras? That part bugged me cause you didn't mention it in the text (i think). Sorry if you did.
Keep up the good work :)

Heracross

Custom User Title
You always seem to slip in more chapters while I'm not looking.:p I just finished reading the last three and they were very good. I liked the name of the restaurant "The Gamesharked Skarmory" that ws funny. The Gym battle was really cool, and it was a bonus to get to see two of them. The scorpion things (can't remember their name) were creepy and strange. Mitch was also a very intriguing character. He seems to wise and mysterious, it makes you want to find out more about him. One thing I noticed is that is seems that they're travelling from gym to gym far too quickly, but that's not very important I guess. So anyway, keep up the good work.:)

Dragonfree

Just me
nintyweb: She caught them sometime after she met Mark at the Lake of Purity. We can't know because she wasn't in the story then.

Heracross: The next chapter isn't the Gym battle, though. And the fic won't be over after the Gyms - far from it. ;) As I said, the journey isn't the real plot.