• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Quest for the Legends, now with its ILCOETH revision!

S

SPAWN OF CHARIZARD

WOW, another great chapter. I am on the edge of my seat for the end of this match!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
*browses forums and sees that T.Q.F.T.L. has been repied to. Naturally, is curious, reads SPAWN OF CHARIZARD's review and is confused. then, says aloud "Oh, great, she slipped a chapter in when I wasn't looking, didn't she?!"*
Okay, weird third person narrative aside, very nice, as usual. Again, I didn't notice any errors, despite the fact that this time I actually was looking very carefully for them. Mutark was very interesting, and I like that Sandshrew evolved. Lol, I liked your comment at the beginning of the chapter, earlier today I was reading through things I wrote around a year ago and I practically died =/ Anyway, great fic here, I've never given it my ratingness, so here goes. Extra points for characters, since I love anti-Pokébot stories, extra points for description cause it's awesome. There are practically no grammar errors and while I must admit, I still can't really see the real main plot, the journey is plot-twisty enough for now to do, soo... Nine ;249; and a ;006; (9.75/10) only cuz' no one's perfect =/ Keep it up!!!

~Chibi~;249;

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
That would be because at the time I originally wrote this, I doubt I had thought of the main plot yet. ^^;

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Dragonfree, you sneaky little bugger. You always seem to get in a chapter when I'm not looking. This one was a nice, intense battle. Wonder how Mark'll fare? He could probably use Charmeleon, since they're all bug-types. It'd be neat to see it evolve... But that's just me.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Excellant Chapter as usual Dragonfree. I didn't expect Sandshrew to evolve so quickly. I knew you proplery would evolve him at some point, but it was good how you just slipped it in there.

Is this Mutark the same pokemon that Fangcat was then?

Dragonfree

Just me
Err, no... a few people have asked, so I should probably clarify that Fangcat is the species, not a nickname. Therefore, Mutark is one Pokémon (which does not evolve, but grows and becomes more powerful at the taste of blood) and Fangcat is another (which evolves from Tancat). They are in no way related; Mutark is a Dark type and Fangcat is a Normal type, and the only thing they have in common is that they're both cats and that Mutark becomes saber-toothed as it grows (so that when it has grown to the right size, it will resemble a black Fangcat with shorter fangs and longer claws).

This is kind of funny; one of you suggested that Charmeleon would evolve in the next chapter (level 36), while another was surprised to see Sandshrew evolve (level 22). Well, at least, Charmeleon is probably in his late twenties of levels, so no, he won't be evolving now. I'm not cheap enough to make him evolve in a Gym battle, anyway. ;)

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Draconix-2090 said:
it took me fifteen minutes to read dragonfree that means that it is your second longest to read for me, in that case alone it is one of my favorites. I though it reaked of plotty goodness, and it had nice char development in that we know that taylor is not a total and complete evil guy, what was the bad guy doing good thing???

Anywho I loved it realy good.

Only took me five or so.

I can't believe you gave up Quilava, or maybe I hadn't read it right. God I hope that Taylor gets a good whooping *Goes to read chapter 15*

EDIT:

Once again only took me about five or so minutes to read chapter 15, and I must say, Ouest for the Legends is now on my waiting list. LOL. When can we expect chapter 16?

Also, I found it strange that May is battling like she has six badges. I guess you're making her a strong trainer and making Mark the inexperianced one? (Not saying your May is in anyway like the Animé May).

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
Yeah, May's overall a much better battler than Mark, who relies more on his Pokémon knowing what they're doing. Hence why she has won both of their two battles so far. ;)

Chapter sixteen probably won't take too long.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I was the one who said that he could evolve, and it was an idea, not a suggestion. I just can't wait to see a Charizard, y'know? I can DEFINATELY see Charmeleon ruling this battle. He has an advantage over all of Mitch's pokemon, them all being part bug. Say, is Mitch's gym supposed to be a Bug gym, a Poison gym, or both?

Dragonfree

Just me
I know it wasn't exactly a suggestion, I just worded it like that.

Mitch trains Bug/Poison types specifically, but who says that's all of his Pokémon? ;)

D

Draconix-2090

i would have said how lonmg it took me to read it now but i guess i forgot my stop watch...Darn!!! ^^ anywho great job with this one i just have one thing to say,... ... ... ...I forgot, 0^^ ahwell. Great job

Mastercougar

The Infinite Fire
Nice battles, much better than how I remember them. Say, hadn't Larvitar evolved into Pupitar by then in the previous? He must have evolved too early last time. Much more acurate now.

Dragonfree

Just me
Yeah, Larvitar and Dratini evolved in the Black Desert in the old one...

Psychic

Really and truly
ha, everyone evolved WAY too earlier in the earlier one. I think you rushed everything a bit then. but meh, 'what's done is done'. I just can't wait for the thickening...
a terrific chappy, as usual! ^v^ (is it just me, or does May raelly seem to hate Mitch? 'she spat')
all I have to say is this: meh!
'live long and prosper'! must...stop...quoting...
from Psychic

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Allow I haven't read the old version, I'd say your Pokémon aren't evolving TOO fast, but for Pokémon that evolve in to a third form, I HIGHLY suggest you wait a LONG time before allowing them to evolve in to their ultimate forms.

Lupin

Shouldn't Mark have gotten his trainer licence before he takes on the gym leader?

Dragonfree

Just me
May hates everybody who appears to be a threat to her winning streak. Probably the only reason she can tolerate Mark is that she's creamed him twice

Mark couldn't get a license before battling Mitch. Trainer licenses are only given away at specific events. Such as the starter Pokémon giveaway in Green Town.... ;)

Lupin

Dragonfree said:
May hates everybody who appears to be a threat to her winning streak. Probably the only reason she can tolerate Mark is that she's creamed him twice

Mark couldn't get a license before battling Mitch. Trainer licenses are only given away at specific events. Such as the starter Pokémon giveaway in Green Town.... ;)

Ah right, just one last question Dragonfree.

How many pokemon did you invent for the Ouen region (not including legendarys)?

Dragonfree

Just me
Not including legendaries? Umm... nineteen so far, I believe. But thirteen of them will probably never appear in the fic, and don't forget that nothing I write is planned, so I'll invent new Pokémon whenever I see fit.

I

IdiotNESS

So, mutark grows at the taste of blood, huh?

Why doesn't Mark just use fire or electricity (or water, ice, or something of the like that doesn't create bleeding wounds)? Or, is that something Mark wouldn't figure out? Eh, who cares!

Great chapter!

BTW, are you aware of our...connection? I don't know how it happened. All I know is that it happened for a reason... :D

Dragonfree said:
Hello, Mr. Anderson.

That's the reason for my psychoness!! ;)