• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Quest for the Legends, now with its ILCOETH revision!

Dragonfree

Just me
Mark to The Trainer: Dratini? Umm... I don't know him much, to be honest. I know I should talk to him or something, but I haven't for some reason.

Chaletwo to The Trainer: The Author would prefer for me not to answer your questions.

T

The Trainer

OK, fine, I'll ask something else:

To Chaletwo: Have you died before? How does death feel like?

Dragonfree

Just me
Chaletwo to The Trainer: No, I have never died.

T

The Trainer

To Chaletwo: Then who is the creature described in the second paragraph?(Taken from the prologue)

Both had somewhat catlike shapes. One had blood-stained whitish-pink fur; it was rather simple-looking, with stubs for ears, small front paws but large, rabbit-like back legs, and a long, thin tail ending in an oval shape.

The other one looked a bit similar to the pink one, but a lot larger; it was whitish gray with a deep violet, muscular tail; it narrowed towards the similar oval on the tail end. The ears were smaller in comparison to the head and more pointed than the pink one’s. The overall shape of the body was more human; it had long, bony arms with three ball-like fingers although the legs were more like a kangaroo’s. It had a large, bleeding wound in the middle of its chest.

To Dragonfree: [SPOIL]If the Preserver is gone, why hasn't the world fallen into utter destruction(Or has the Preserver really gone?)[/SPOIL]

Dragonfree

Just me
Chaletwo to The Trainer: You must find that out by yourself.

Dragonfree to The Trainer: Because there is a replacement.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
To anyone: Which region would you like to visit most outside of Ouen?

Dragonfree

Just me
Dragonfree to Shadow Flame: Please don't ask questions to "anybody". Specify a character who you direct the question at, and please, not "everybody".

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
A little blood thirsty now are we? Haha, I like it how you've allowed Garados (Can't spell right now) the ability to be so blood thirsty and monsterous, I simply love it. Altogether I really like how things are going. One thing though, you mind posting everyone's (who's important) team? Possibly? Maybe? I don't mind if you don't, but only if you want to.

Also what fonts do you use when doing this? Because that seemed a little short for six pages.

~Yuugi's Black Magician

Dragonfree

Just me
Times New Roman, 12pt, single line spacing, double paragraph spacing. The physical length can appear different from the apparent length; Mark's battle sure didn't feel twice as long as May's, did it?

I'm called Dragonfree, not DragonFree, by the way (about your signature; it's "legends", not "legend's", too). Just WHAT gives people such an urge to capitalize that F? If "Dragonfree" were the words "Dragon" and "Free" put together, I could understand it, but since it's a variation of "Butterfree", it should not be capitalized. I mean, you don't say NineTales, ButterFree, VulPix or BulbaSaur...

Mark's Pokémon: Charmeleon, Eevee, Sandslash, Gyarados, Dratini, Scyther
May's Pokémon: Butterfree, Skarmory, Pikachu, Lapras, Larvitar

I doubt I'll give up any more information about who are "important"...

S

Shining Fire Trainer

I have been reading this fic since you began this revision. I just was too lazy to drop you a review. Heh, sorry...

Anyway, I really like the way you portrayed Gyrados' vicouis personality inm the previous chapter. A pokemon returning to its natural instincts to kill. I like it. It's the first time I have read something like it. Anyway, Later till the next Chapter.

T

The Trainer

To Dragonfree: [SPOIL]Chaletwo is the replacement, right?[/SPOIL]

Dragonfree

Just me
Dragonfree to The Trainer: [spoil]Of course.[/spoil]

Dragonfree to Dragon King: It's not... you haven't read every fic in the world. Legacies is a good place to start if you want to start your search for the greatest fic ever. That was a rather spamish reply, anyway...

Dragonfree

Just me
Dragongfree? XD Yeah, I know it's just a typo, but it's funny.

Anyway... I've written one paragraph of chapter 18 so far (a rather long one, though) but it will probably be pretty easy to write once I get into the right mood. Prepare for a niiice chapter... ;)

M

Magi of all

Charletwo: Are you searching for your creator? Have you ever met Mewtwo before? Was the first time you were seen by humans the first time you went to that town? (forgot name)

Gyarados: Why did Suicune starve you?

Scyther: If you could have any other trainer in this fic besides Mark, who would it be?

Dragonfree

Just me
Chaletwo to Magi of all: No, I am not searching for my creator. I have met Mewtwo, yes - I believe he mentioned it in the book - and no, my first appearance in Green Town was not the first time I was seen by humans, although that's what they think.

Gyarados to Magi of all: I don't know! If I knew, I wouldn't be haunted by that question for every damn moment of my life...

Scyther to Magi of all: Rob, of course. He is the best trainer I could imagine. If only he weren't so obsessed with Mew...

Elemental Charizam

Sudden Genre Shift
Theory:

[SPOIL]Ok, if we assume the purple pokémon with the slash across it is Chaletwo, then somethings up. Chaletwo is the replacement huh? Then why was it there before Chalenors death? This could mean:

1) Chaletwo was later given the name/power of Chalenor afterwards.
2) Chalenor was doing something wrong, or was prophesized to die, so Chaletwo was made so there would be no time with no preserver. But if so, why was Mew so shocked at the corpse?
3) Chaletwo time-traveled back to witness events and was injured in the process. Or maybe destroy/prevent the destroyer? After all, that would surely be the job of a preserver?
4) Chaletwo was created to help prevent/destroy the desroyer at that time.

And, Chaletwo can't be a clone, as he/she was born 999 years ago at least (prolougue) and Mewtwo was the first clone. Not a genetic in-a-tube clone anyways. And as Mew was the creator of Chaletwo (why he looked like Mewtwo) he would know about this (answer post thingy Mew said Mewtwo was first clone). So unless Mew lied intentionally, Chaletwo is no clone. Unless he was created in the future and brought back to the appropriate time.

A really whacked out theory is: Chaletwo's distaste at Mewtwo could be because:

1) He is the destroyer (Time-travel).
2) He thinks he's impure cause Mewtwo is a clone, yet a son of MEW.[/SPOIL]

~EC