• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Quest for the Legends, now with its ILCOETH revision!

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Dragonfree said:
Heh, at least I changed the story behind Rainteicune now so it makes a bit more sense. ;) It's still tied with chapter two as the lamest chapter of the fic.

I was going to say that you've changed the plot quite a bit. It does make alot more sence now Dragonfree, but I don't think it was one of your lamest chapters. Chapter 2 was your lamest :).

N

Nornis

By the way...I am wondering...since people understand Pokemonish, why didn't Officer Jenny ask Charmeleon about his story? Then he'd tell about being illegally traded and then abandoned. As far as I am concerned, Mark has the rights to him.

Dragonfree

Just me
The thing is that she didn't get the opportunity before Taylor made Mewtwo² rush them out and forget what she was doing.

Hey Micky!

Well, as for Chapter 20:

Although I'm not a fan of the anime characters, you did incorparate Ash well into Alan's mindset, although I wish you hadn't called him something beginning wit hA.

Anyway, the Pikachu disliking Meowth thing was a nice little mention - and now I get a feel for where the plot is going now that you've expanded the legend thing.

The Charmander thing was a nice little addition and had a nice lil Backstory to it - I get the feeling that Alan is the 3rd addition to this fic *raises eyebrow* Am I right? :S He feels a little too well developped (not to mention we know is team and their names) to forget about at this stage

N

Nornis

Dragonfree said:
The thing is that she didn't get the opportunity before Taylor made Mewtwo² rush them out and forget what she was doing.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. *smiles* So she would have heard Charmeleon's side of the story before taking him from Mark? That's good. *smiles*

I can't wait for the next instalment.

Dragonfree

Just me
Actually, although it doesn't sound like it, I made the name Alan for him before he became Ash's son. So it's not just "Ash's son has to be named something that begins in A". He's the very first human character I made up for a Pokémon fic (since he was the star of "Molzapart and Rainteicune"); I randomly made a trainer named Alan for it. Then I couldn't think of a last name because "Ketchum" kept popping up in my head, so I just made him Ketchum and adapted the plot accordingly. That's also when I made the nickname "Charlie". :rolleyes:

You definitely haven't seen the last of Alan, but I'm not saying anything else...

I've written a page and a half of chapter 21, and I still like it so far. It probably won't be an extremely long chapter, but meh...

G

Goin' Graveler

Nice chapter. A little filler-ish, but every fic's gotta have those, anwyay.

To Dragonfree: Will we most likely see May in the next chapter?

To May: So... you got your badge yet?

Dragonfree

Just me
Filler-ish? My dear Goin' Graveler, this chapter was all but a filler. It contained extremely important plot hints. It's definitely not a chapter you should label as a "filler" and then forget about.

Dragonfree: Yes, you will.

May: Yep. The Leader was a piece of cake.

R

Raindrop

PUH! I've finally caught up on this fic, been reading for a whole week! And I can assure you that I will continue to read it. It's very original, one of the best Pkmn fics I've read! :)

My fav part over the chapters just have to be when Scyther almost killed Mark in chapter 18(I believe it was). I couldn't breathe for a moment there, it was so exciting, and it came so suddenly. I could just imagine Mark shouting out that he actually owned Scyther, and then Scyther immediatly saw that he crossed the line and instinctivly(is that even a word?) was about to kill him..Yeah, more of those moments, please ;)

Anyway, great fic. I will keep up on this one! 9/10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elemental Charizam

Sudden Genre Shift
To May: What do you hink of Mark as a trainer? If he beat you what would you say?

To Mark: What do you think of May as a trainer?

Scyther: Why don't you want to be a Scizor, is it because you lose your scythes?

I focused on more far aay parts of the fic as I doubt Chaletwo would tell me the colour of a red bus at the moment.

~EC

Dragonfree

Just me
Dragonfree to Raindrop: Yep, more of those moments coming up. ;)

Mark: Err... what?

Dragonfree: Don't bother... *shoves Mark away*

May to Elemental Charizam: Well... he's nothing special... actually one of my easier wins... I doubt he'll ever beat me anyway, unless he really picks up on his training.

Mark to Elemental Charizam: Erm... well, she's good. Er, yeah.

Scyther to Elemental Charizam: [spoil]There are two things that are the most important things in a Scyther's life: speed and scythes. Through evolution, we lose both. The only thing that a Scyther fears is a Metal Coat.[/spoil]

J

jirachiman876

to dragonfree: when does the ninetales in your sig (that right???) comeinto the fic???
out ;385;

Psychic

Really and truly
Scyther, I swear, you are making me have second, third, fourth and hundreds of thoughts about when I evolved my Silver Version Scyther a long time ago...I thinking about deleting her (because I'm sure she'd rather be dead right now) to put an to her misery. Me and my stupic love for Scythers. *tries to ignor Scyther, but can't help but run up to him and hug him*

Charmeleon: Please please please please don't get me wrong, we still love you too! I'm sure your reasons were (relitively) good. Nobody hates you!

Now, no more fighting! *hugs Charmeleon and Scyther happily*

Dragonfree

Just me
Dragonfree to jirachiman876: In the equivalent of chapter 37 from the old version. That can be estimated to be chapter 33 or so.

O

Omega

To Mark: Weellll.... Do you act that strange around any cleberity- like persons? And did you really need to ask what relative of Ash Alan was?

To The Pika-mister: You got issues. Team Rocket is not anywhere around your house.

great chappy! gtg

Dragonfree

Just me
Mark to Omega: Hey, I was just over-excited, okay?

Pikachu to Omega: Chaa...

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Okay, I've got a bunch of really stupid questions that probaly were answered way back on page 25, so meh...I bet most of these you can't even answer without giving away stuff...

Dragonfree: Was the Mewtwo-look alike in the Prologue dead? I know it was pretty much implied but I wan't to make absolutely 100% sure.

Dragonfree: Are all the Legendaries completely, and have always been unique?

Chaletwo: [SPOIL]Is there another Mewtwo look alike besides you?[/SPOIL]

Mewtwo: Are you currently alive in the present day of the story?

Dragonfree: [SPOIL]If there isn't another Mewtwo look alike, then is it possible that another Pokémon transformed into Chaletwo before the prologue? And if there isn't and Mewtwo isn't alive present day, could he somehow have been time-travelified by another Pokémon and killed then? Or could that have happened in the future of the story for us, but him taken to the past???[/SPOIL]

Chaletwo: [SPOIL]Can you time travel? I seem to remember you being able, but if you can't, don't ask why I thought so. So if you can...could you time-travel back to the prologue later in the story therefore making it possible for you to not have died yet in the story, but later go back?[/SPOIL]

Dragonfree: Do you think I'm an idiot for all these weird questions? (preferrably left unanswered)

*Looks over post* Holy crap, I bet over half of those aren't allowed to be answered. Darn...in that case can you tell me if I was even remotely close to guessing something?

~Chibi~;249;

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
[spoil]Dragonfree to Chibi Pika: Yes, definitely dead.

Dragonfree to Chibi Pika (again): Yes. I like to picture all of them as one-of-a-kind - apart from Rick's clones, of course.

Chaletwo to Chibi Pika: No.

Mewtwo to Chibi Pika: Of course I am, how else would I have been in the book?

Dragonfree to Chibi Pika (yet again): I can't answer that question. You ask if things are possible; well, everything is possible. But only one thing really happened. ;)

Chaletwo to Chibi Pika: Yes, I can time-travel, and yes, that is possible.

Dragonfree to Chibi Pika (still one more time): No; in fact, I'm relieved that somebody is still wondering about the Mewtwo-wasn't-created-yet thing. But if you want to do more theorizing, by all means put it in spoiler tags.[/spoil]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
There, I spoil-tagified the important whatnots. Honestly, I get mad when people don't tag theories in my fic and then I go and do it in yours x.x;

Okay...so for the big long one I asked you...I'm guessing the last sentence only really happened, as it seemed to be the only logical one. And Chaletwo saying that my theory on him was possible just...I dunno, made me think it didn't happen and that the Mewtwo one seem more likely.
[spoil]So now I'm guessing that if anyone went back in time, Mewtwo was taken back...although...how could that happen unless Chaletwo (or Celebi o.o; ) was conspiring against him @_@; So then maybe it's more likely that Chaletwo dies in the future by dying in the past. That is...unless whatever killed them can time travel and went to the future, took Mewtwo back to the past and--oi...why would it do that...?
Chalenor could have killed the Legendaies, but not intentionally...but...they weren't killed by the death stare and that little passage in the prologue about the killer's sole purpose being to kill the Legendaries wouldn't make sense then...I think there's some unknown Legendary that's hasn't come into play yet. Unless Chaletwo killed Mewtwo after taking him back to the past(which couldn't happen because they weren't killed by the Death Stare, they were all ripped open and such...)
So...aparrently whichever Legendaries were killed don't exist in the present, cause there's only one unless...someone took Rick's clones to the past and killed them and so the Mewtwo thing was really Mewtwo Squared!!!!!! X3 Why to the past, though...hm. Maybe Mew was only left alive because it wasn't a clone. Which leaves the question of what killed them.[/spoil]
Eh...I'm out of ideas...I might post more if I think of more.

~Chibi~;249;

Last edited:
R

RevengeStrikerMew 151

To Dragonfree: can i please get the names of all the legendaries here so i dont have to go back evan the ones in the book