• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Quest for the Legends, now with its ILCOETH revision!

Dragonfree

Just me
Umbrazard said:
Hey, I can, In the pkdex of Entei (Crystal I think) it says its bark can summon volcanos same thing w/ Raikou (only thunderstorms) it makes sense that they would make three of the smae animal right? (Birds, Golems, Dogs) Well, Cats don't bark. Sry I know that was a while ago. Secondly, I know you answered this but how do you make ur banner? And would you mind if I used that way to make mine?
~Umbra;197;
The one you're referring to for Raikou is the Silver one, which says "A POKéMON that races across the land while barking a cry that sounds like crashing thunder." To me, that does not sound at all like it's referring to a *literal* bark. The Gold entry for Entei says "Volcanoes erupt when it barks", which is slightly more questionable, but still does not mean that Entei is a dog (especially since the design is a blatantly obvious lion). And just LOOK at Raikou! There's NO WAY IN HELL it could be a dog. And Suicune's body build reminds me personally much more of a cheetah than a dog. Going by your logic, anyway, Raikou and Entei being cats would mean that Suicune also is.

I made the banner with a paint program. Adobe ImageReady, to be exact, but there is no "secret method". I placed some images there in different layers, and then made a bunch of frames where the layers had a different opacity. I don't "own" that method.

Dragonfree to Elemental Charizam: Well, I picture happiness evolutions as not something that happens when the Pokémon is "having fun". I picture it as something that comes only with very strong feelings for the trainer, usually trust but, in some very rare cases, it can be hate. ;) *coughLastDefensecough* But as I said, there are certain things in the old version that I change and other things that I just don't change. What species the characters are is one of them.

U

Umbrazard

Dragonfree said:
The one you're referring to for Raikou is the Silver one, which says "A POKéMON that races across the land while barking a cry that sounds like crashing thunder." To me, that does not sound at all like it's referring to a *literal* bark. The Gold entry for Entei says "Volcanoes erupt when it barks", which is slightly more questionable, but still does not mean that Entei is a dog (especially since the design is a blatantly obvious lion). And just LOOK at Raikou! There's NO WAY IN HELL it could be a dog. And Suicune's body build reminds me personally much more of a cheetah than a dog. Going by your logic, anyway, Raikou and Entei being cats would mean that Suicune also is.

I made the banner with a paint program. Adobe ImageReady, to be exact, but there is no "secret method". I placed some images there in different layers, and then made a bunch of frames where the layers had a different opacity. I don't "own" that method.

Ok, there's no need to yell. Yes, I agree that Raikou and Entei look like cats. I disagree about Suicune though. Have you played Colloseum? from the side views, it has a long snout more like a canine than a feline. However, like I said, Cats don't bark. If it says they bark, they would have to be dogs. Maybe the japanese ment them to be cats, but NOA made them dogs. Pure and simple.

Also, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't using your idea. I had no idea how you did it and didn't know if it was your own method. I apologize for the aggrivation.
~Umbra;197;

Psychic

Really and truly
Very nicely done, Dragonfree! I think it's funny that May tried to pocket the Thunder Stone (me being me) and it was a very interesting turn of events for Pikachu to evolve the way it did. I was extremely surpsised that the lady who took Mark and May's Pokémon wasn't chewing gum, for some reason, too (once again, me being me). I felt really bad about Eevee evolving, just because you made Mark love him so much right before he evolved. *sniffle*
Other than that, great job, am anticipating the next chapter, especially if it's the one I hope it is. ^-^

~Psychic

R

RevengeStrikerMew 151

To Raintecuine: what type are you if you water thunder and fire what is your weakness
ToChaletwo:chaletwo have you ever met raintecuine and if you have what can you say about his power

Dragonfree

Just me
Dragonfree to Umbrazard: I'm always like that when I disagree, so don't think I hate you or anything. As I said, Suicune's head seems kinda mid-way to me, and the body build is more like a cat. (Since you mentioned Colosseum, they also made Suicune way fatter there for some reason than it's supposed to be.) And as I also said, I strongly believe that those Pokédex entries are not referring to literally barking like a dog. I mean, it exists in dialogue to write, say, "I think not!" the man barked - is the man a dog, since apparently he "barked"? Of course not.

Rainteicune to RevengeStrikerMew 151: If you want the technical 'weaknesses', a type chart will tell you that it's Rock (2x) and Ground (4x). But do not forget that I'm a Legendary.

Chaletwo to RevengeStrikerMew 151: Rainteicune I have not met in person, but he is very strong. Just average for a Legendary, though.

V

ViperSean

Chaletwo: You said earlier that the only way humans would be able to time travel would be if they injecterd you or Celebi's DNA into themselves or something else dumb. Seeing as SOMEBODY has to be that stupid, And they would probably then hop a round through time, generally screwing stuff up, would anyone be able to stop them? Also, if you time-traveled to a when and where that you had been to previously, whould you be able to run into yourself?

Scyther: What would you have done if the Mew Hunter Had Tried to Make you evolve.

Ryano Ra

Verdant Vitality
Wonderful chapter, Dragonfree. I loved the way you ended the chapter; it was the perfect indication about what form Eevee took. A cute little Jolteon, eh? ^_^ *hugs Jolteon, since it is a cat*

To Jolteon: Do you think that you'll like being a Jolteon from now on?
To Scyther: Do you ever think you'll become a Scizor? If you do, what will be your feelings about it?

M

MewSP

Chaletwo: Since you can travel through time, couldn't you just go to the future and kill everyone that ever wanted to capture you and be done with it?

Dragonfree: Can you tell us if someone will die in chapter 25? Also, Green town doesn't have a gym does it?

Mark:What is the next event you'll be attending?

Dragonfree

Just me
Chaletwo to ViperSean: The thing is that there's no way they could get our DNA and inject it into their bloodstream, so that's out of the picture.

Scyther to ViperSean: Well, that depends on when exactly he would've tried. First after he caught me, I was extremely depressed and was expecting him to bring out a Metal Coat any second, and I felt like it would be a perfect continuation of my misery if he evolved me. I might actually have let him do it, since I really didn't care about anything at all. Then, it wasn't long until I got over the worst of that, and then I just found him annoying and whiny. At that point, I'd probably have killed him if he had tried to evolve me. But after I really got to know him... well, I never thought about him evolving me. I had just realized that he would never even think about it. But I guess... my reaction would probably have been similar to the one other time when he betrayed me; I'd have stood up against him and tried to convince him that he was wrong.

Jolteon to Ryano Ra: Well, I chose to take the stone when that Raichu offered it to me, so I could barely be unhappy about it, could I? The spikes itch a bit, but I'll get used to it.

Scyther to Ryano Ra: That one phase in my life when I didn't care about anything is the only time I would ever have let a Metal Coat come near me, and I have no plans of repeating that.

Chaletwo to MewSP: It isn't that simple...

Dragonfree to MewSP: Green Town does have a Gym; May went to get her Gym Badge while Mark was talking to Alan, remember? As for the other question, [spoil]somebody always dies in everything I write.[/spoil]

Mark to MewSP: Umm... it's a thingy called the Attack Approval. Supposedly we'll battle some judges to test our skills at creating original Pokémon techniques.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Neat! i like the original idea of the evolution event and while I suspect the next few festival chapters will just be "interesting stuff happens" chapters until the twenty-fifth, I look forward to the next few chapters.
Um...I had a question...it was mainly just out of curiosity, only now I can't remember it...oh yeah...

Dragonfree: How did you come up with the names Chalenor and Chaletwo? Does the Chale prefix have anything to do with them both having the death stare?

~Chibi~;249;

S

Surfman

I've been reading in silence for some time, and it's pretty good. I have some questions:

May: Aren't you even the least bit curious as to what Mark was doing?

Mark: Did you forget that Eevee could also become Umbreon or Espeon (not through stones) or did you simply not want Eevee to become one of them?

Jolteon: Why did you choose Jolteon (besides the fact that Raichu offered the Thunder Stone)?

Each of Mark's other Pokemon in turn: What were you hoping Eevee would evolve into and why?

Dragonfree

Just me
Dragonfree to Chibi Pika: To be honest, I don't remember. Funnily enough, Chaletwo was made as a joke. I saw Pokémon contest entries at Mew's Hangout with lots of Pokémon with entries like "It is rarer than Mew and Mewtwo and Celebi put together" or "It is so powerful that nothing can ever defeat it, and I decided to make an even stronger, even rarer Pokémon. I was lying in my bed at the time, half-asleep, too, and randomly thought of "Hey, maybe the Pokémon travels through time so that it only exists for a few seconds every year, and then it's as rare as it can possibly get." Then, I was feeling uncreative, just made it look exactly like Mewtwo, made a name that was half Mewtwo and half something I don't remember, and made it able to kill things by looking at them. Needless to say, I've thought of a much more interesting background for Chaletwo now. Chalenor was made much later, when I was making that background, and then I just took the "Chale" part and put something on the end.

May to Surfman: *shrugs* Well, it's none of my business, is it? He doesn't ask me what I've been doing all the time.

Mark to Surfman: Well, I asked Eevee if he wanted to evolve now, using an evolution stone, and he said yes.

Jolteon to Surfman: Well, since Raichu offered it to me, I just decided to accept the offer. If he had been handing me a Fire or Water stone, I'd be a Flareon or Vaporeon now.

EDIT: Oh, forgot this...

Dragonfree to Chibi Pika (again): The events of the Pokémon Festival grow steadily more interesting. The Attack Approval is, for various reasons, more interesting than the Evolution Solution, and the events of the twenty-third are even more interesting. Maybe the twenty-fourth doesn't match the twenty-third, but that depends on how exactly you would define "interesting". Then there is, naturally, the twenty-fifth... ;)

EDIT2: Oh, and this...

Charmeleon to Surfman: I never really cared.

Sandslash to Surfman: Well, Mark already has a Fire Pokémon and a Water Pokémon, so an Electric Pokémon was technically the best choice.

Gyarados to Surfman: It's his life and his evolution; it's none of my business who he evolves into.

Dragonair to Surfman: Well, a Vaporeon would have had more in common with me, but I'm fine with him as a Jolteon.

Scyther to Surfman: I'm not overly fond of the concept of evolution in general personally, but if he wanted to be a Jolteon, then I wanted him to be one too.

Last edited:
M

Magi of all

Scyther. Does the whole Scizor hatred thing have to do with the fact that you lose your scythes?

Mark. Who would you want as your seventh pokemon.

Dragonfree

Just me
Scyther to Magi of all: And the loss of speed. And the fact that Scyther's evolution is an unnatural process that can only be triggered through compressing them along with a metallic coat through a trading machine.

Mark to Magi of all: Umm... dunno. Maybe a Vulpix?

T

The Trainer

A question:

To Mark: Do you know about Scyther's past?(It hasn't been mentioned in the actual story yet.)

G

Goin' Graveler

To Scyther: Would you consider breaking the Agreement dishonourable? If so, why have you done it (since you purposely broke off the wing of a Scizor)

Dragonfree

Just me
Mark to The Trainer: If I knew about it, that would be in the story.

Scyther to Goin' Graveler: What a Scyther considers dishonourable are not the same things as those considered bad by humans... Whether you like it or not, the Agreement was made by humans and the representatives of all Pokémon, who were of course Psychics since Pokémon and humans couldn't communicate normally at the time, accepted it. They are not the rules of our preference.

T

The Trainer

A question:

To Dragonfree: Were you planning on explaining Scyther's past and how the Agreement was agreed upon in your story?

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Fav chapter so fav Dragonfree. Before i read your old version I thought Espeon would be the best choice for Mark since May has the electric type, but Jolteon is a very good pokemon as well.

Dragonfree

Just me
Dragonfree to The Trainer: Of course. ;)

Dragonfree to Lupin: May doesn't have "the" Electric type. Their teams are completely separate. You could as well say that May has "the" Water type and "the" Bug/Flying type. What one of them has is of no relevance as to what Pokémon the other gets, except that all of their Pokémon were some of my faves when I first made their teams.