1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Quest for the Legends, now with its ILCOETH revision!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Dragonfree, Apr 26, 2004.

1. *snickers* So you admit that it was downright scary, and yet you still claim it? You shoulda let teh kiddie keep it. *snickers* Just kidding.
    Uh-oh,*is hit by a vision of the future* I see, *gasp* I see, nuclear war! Vast armies gathered together, preparing to conquer, burn, and mutilate!! Cities in ruins!!! Whole continents removed from the face of the earth!!!! And little plush dolls being burned!!!!! All because you got the shippers mad! Maybe you shouldn't tell. Little plush dolls should be preserved for future generations! *is hit by a rock* Ow! SB
    ;257;

2. Psychic

Psychic Really and truly

Oh, was it now? That explains alot. ^^;

Oh, so it wasn't a Charmander at first? And it wasn't literally the exact wordsw if she wrote 'I' instead of 'he' in some places. Ok, I can imagine it then. But unless you were literally six and you only had a quarter of the writing skills you have now, it was still prbably better than many fics I have read.

Heh heh, I've been there! ^_^

~Psychic

3. Dragonfree

Dragonfree Just me

Yes, it was a Charmander. But you're really going out of the subject; obviously she is still copying word-for-word if she changes some pronouns and names. -_-

And I was twelve, with like one tenth of the writing skill I have now. --; That tenth consisted of the natural talent I appear to have for characterization, since my characters turned out 3D even though I never actually decided what any of the characters were like. It was just "OK, this is Victor, now I'm going to write his lines".

4. hey dragonfree exactly how bad does it feel for someone to rip off your story
    it must suck bigtime if i were you id cyber punch her like this *punches girl in the face* see

5. Dragonfree

Dragonfree Just me

It feels like "ARRGH! MY CHARACTERS ARE OOC!"

Anyway, guys, just an announcement to show that I haven't completely forgotten about you: I'm currently at the bottom of the ninth page of chapter 22, and I have one six-on-six battle left to write. Because I just wrote a one-and-a-half-page battle where one Pokémon from one trainer took part and two from the other trainer, I can estimate that it takes around half a page per participating Pokémon, which means six more pages, which means that the chapter might be fifteen pages in total. It will probably end up shorter as usual when I estimate something, though. Either way, I don't have the Block anymore. :) Unfortunately, I'm going on a trip with my school tomorrow and won't return until Tuesday afternoon. :(

EDIT: Aw, heck, I'll just give you a preview while I'm at it. ;) Keep in mind that this has yet to be proofread and altered, so this might not be the exact same as the battle will be once finalized.

“Rooseeeelia,” the fairy chanted, swaying slightly to the sides before pointing its roses straight forward and firing two dark green, sharp seeds out of their middles. They embedded themselves into Lapras’s skin; she let out a whimper as the seeds sprouted roots which dug into her hide and started absorbing her energy. Two vines extended out of the seeds and crawled along the ground to the Roselia; it lowered its arms down and allowed the vines to twist and curl around them.

“Lapras, use an Ice Beam to kill the parasitic plant,” May commanded. The sea turtle swung her head back, forming an icy blue orb in her mouth before firing a blast of ice crystals at the long vines that now connected the two battlers.

“Roselia, Sunny Day!” said the judge quickly, and Roselia raised its roses into the air, looking at the sky while emitting a sweet note. Incredibly, the blanket of clouds high above ripped apart to reveal a gap through which intense sunlight shone, casting a golden aura on the battle between the turtle and the fairy.

“And now, Solarbeam!” the judge ordered, her Roselia raising both of its roses into the air again. Two golden orbs of light grew in the middle of each rose in a matter of seconds; then the fairy, with a shrill cry, pointed them down at the frost-covered vines from the Leech Seed. Burning hot sunlight blasted at the ice in a bright beam, melting it instantly but leaving the vines mostly unharmed. Lapras seemed to be getting weaker by now, while Roselia was still brimming with energy.

“Lapras, use Surf, and be ready.” May said these words with uttermost determination, staring at the cute, feminine fairy with disdain. Her Lapras obeyed the command, spewing out a rather weakish-looking wave of water which rushed at Roselia...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  6. Ryano Ra

Ryano Ra Verdant Vitality

Well, at least you made great progress with the chapter, and I congratulate you from getting your Writer's Block gone. I can't wait to read Chapter 22, it sounds like it is going to be a blast. Just from the Roselia VS Lapras excerpt, I can tell this will be one of the chapters I'll enjoy from the rest.

7. Dragonfree

Dragonfree Just me

*phew* I just added a chapter index to the first post in the thread, which should be convenient if you want to re-read a chapter - it links you straight to the post containing the chapter. Also for new readers who cringe at the sight of 44 pages. ^_^;;;

That took a LONG time... I had to click through each page, highlight the post date, go to View Selection Source, copy the post number, and type out the full URL to get to that post in a link... and I had to click through 44 pages and copy 26 post numbers. @_@

8. Ryano Ra

Ryano Ra Verdant Vitality

Such a unique idea, Dragonfree. I never thought about doing something like that before...hmm...anyways, I usually find it better to just write the chapter name, give the post and page number so they know, rather than creating links. That'll take too much of my time and I'm a bit lazy. =P Anyways, go luck with Chapter 22; I hope it comes out this week.

9. Raindrop

Raindrop Guest

That was a great thing to do, Dragonfree. I remember me trying to find all those chapters lying around on this and that page Oo It's much more convenient ^^

10. MewSP

MewSP Guest

I realize that it was only an excerpt, but I should still half review I think. Anyway, The sample was pretty good. I never thought if leech seed that way either, but I guess that's what you mean by "Dragonfree sytle battles"; I liked. Also, for constructive critisim, the solarbeam countering the ice beam seemed a little confusing. I had to read it two or three time before it half made sense.

11. Dragonfree

Dragonfree Just me

It didn't counter the Ice Beam; Lapras used an Ice Beam to freeze the vines that connected the Leech Seed to Roselia, in an attempt to kill the parasite that the Leech Seed is, but Roselia's Solarbeam melted the ice.

12. To lapras:when you battle can you dodge kickly since most of the time you on land and you cant move that fast with flippers or can you move fast do you consider this a great weakness

13. Dragonfree

Dragonfree Just me

Lapras to RevengeStrikerMew 151: I have endurance, not speed. We're built to take the attacks and survive them, not to dodge them.

14. To lapras: okay so is your body as hard as your shell

15. Yuugis Black Magician

Yuugis Black Magician Well-Known Member

Umm, Dragonfree, theres an easier way to do that Index thing. Just:

•Click on the your name of one of your post (ex. Dragonfree).
    •Go to "All posts blah blah" and click on the title of the chapter.
    •You'll be instantly taken to that post, positioned correctly, and then just copy and paste the URL and add it as a link.

It seems complicated on paper, but it won't once you got it down.

16. Dragonfree

Dragonfree Just me

Lapras to RevengeStrikerMew 151: Obviously not. I have a shell and can withstand quite a bit of pain before it gets the better of me.

Dragonfree to Yuugis Black Magician: It only shows my last 500 posts there, which does not include anywhere near all the chapters of the fic. It would also require me to search through twenty-something pages, anyway.

17. To Lapras:if your meant to endur what happens if they hit you in the neck

18. Dragonfree

Dragonfree Just me

Lapras to RevengeStrikerMew 151: If they hit me in the neck, they hit me in the neck. What exactly are you asking about?

19. aron fan

aron fan Guest

hes asking if your neck is weak than the rest of your body
    dragonfree how long to next chap the suspense is killing me

20. To lapras:im asking how can you take a direct blow to the neck like that