• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Quest for the Legends, now with its ILCOETH revision!

Dragonfree

Just me
x.X Everybody wants me to wait with the revision...

But I can't stand the thought of having old horrid chapters somewhere where people can actually read them! They'll roll their eyes at that way-too-long-and-pointless first chapter! They'll - *shot for being a perfectionist*

Ah well. It doesn't really matter, actually - if I know myself correctly, I won't feel like writing chapter 27 until I've written those five or whatever chapters of the new revision anyway. Although I kinda did feel like writing it yesterday, I just had to go to bed.

J

jirachiman876

I think that you should go with B. I've waited too long to not get the next chapter.
jirachiman out ;385;

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
Whatever you feel like doing. It's your fic after all and besides, your making something great even better, we can always wait for another chapter.
;245;

R

[Red]

Well, first off, I've read the whole thing, and its great. Good characters, some awsome battles...it's all very good.

(Although, I think the last chapter was a bit...rushed...)

But on another note:

“This tree is all life. I’ll put the most basic life forms at the bottom, here at the roots, and they advance as they go up. We have viruses here at the bottom.”

Viruses aren't living. Close, but not close enough. Viruses are just protiens,
like DNA, which is also "unliving". So...Just wanted to point that out.

But refering to that part: why are Poke'Mon so distanced from animals/humans?
What is it that makes the divide between us so great?

Just wonderin'...

[Red]

Dragonfree

Just me
Viruses aren't living. Close, but not close enough. Viruses are just protiens,
like DNA, which is also "unliving". So...Just wanted to point that out.
That's why Mitch put them at the very bottom and not really on the tree itself... but meh, I probably shouldn't have put them there either. More like on the ground...

Mitch may have slightly exaggerated as he is very much fascinated with Pokémon's superiority, but they are indeed rather advanced as I like to think of it. (After all, we're talking about highly intelligent creatures that have developed telepathy, fire-breathing, amazing regeneration abilities and various other incredible feats - tell me that's not advanced.)

Hmm, still don't really feel like writing chapter 27. But it won't be that long until I've finished those five-or-whatever chapters of the revision.

F

Feleena

Note: This is my first ever post on anything. Yeesh...

I'd say B, but I wouldn't mind C. I'm LOVING this fic. Your writing style reminds me of JK Rowling's; you're so good.

Chalenor reminds me of a volcano; a volcano spews ash that creates fertile soil that is excellent for farming and living (Guardian of Life,) but sometimes the volcano erupts with devastating consequences (The Death Stare.)

When I got wind that you were making another revision, I immediately saved the entirety of the story so far so I could compare the old and new.

Question: Is Kruvmbulasmiklubb Icelandic or just gibberish?

Anyway, GREAT STORY, and your sprites in your siggy are really good too.

~Feleena

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mighty Hyena

I vote for number B! You quitter, you. *pokepoke*

Seriously, though, we're dying to know how this story ends.

Dragonfree

Just me
The ending? I don't think you're realizing, people, that this fic will probably have over 50 chapters. It's not going to end for another year or two, dears. *Nidokingu gets jealous because he thought I didn't call anybody else "dear"*

The True Champion

Behold his Power
Yea that is a good point i say stick with the rewrite if its going to take that long because you will have trouble writing the next chapter with out the rewrite. I am just looking foward to reading another chapter in this fic if its one or 27 i don't care.

Kai Sutoraiku

I really would go with b, I know you won't finish it for a while, but every time I start getting into one of tour versions you start anew one and don't continue. I really love your fic so far and I hardly liked Scyther. If you're going to make a new version Iwould suggest alternating chapters.

Psychic

Really and truly
Ouch, you are going to get burned by that. Dragonfree is not going to be happy with you.

Anyways, everyone is picking b because we all want you to continue-we all really want to know what happens next. I mean, you're constantly revising this fic, so people have been watching it for a long time, hoping to get to the really juicy stuff, and each time, just as it gets really good you restart from the beginning!
If you really don't like what you've written (though most, if not all of us do), then by all means, restart, but we'll all know what's going to happen, ruining a bit of the suspence we all enjoy so much...
And I think you should continue, because it's getting to the cool part with Scyther...oh, I have other reasons too, I guess...
So I'll say b!

Keep up the great work and take your time with the next chapter! *glares at qwerqwer*

~Psychic

Dragonfree

Just me
¬¬ Chapters don't just appear on my damn screen, and I need to be in the mood to write chapter 27 if I'm going to write chapter 27 properly. Besides that that reply was spam in general. *stabs with mod spear*

But if you want, I can write the stupid chapter. Sure. I could endure all the replies of "Man, that chapter was really bad! You were rushing it! The mood was all wrong! The characters were OOC! Whine whine!" It would only prove my point.

My boyfriend has been here, too, and I'm spending time with him a lot, besides that I'm writing other stuff when I'm not in the mood for chapter 27.

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
But speaking of that new revision, I'd like to ask you: Do you think I should a) concentrate on that, start a new thread and forget about this one, b) wait with the revision until sometime later and just continue posting new chapters, or c) replace the chapters in this thread once I've gotten to the point where the chapters involve the same events as before (which will be around chapter five since I'm making lots of changes in that stupid beginning)?
C
I really don't think you should make I new thread. I don't know why, but I don't. In any case, I've made tons of revisions to my fic, but I never made a new thread cause there was no need to. I suppose if you wanted to bring attention to the fact that the early content is now very different it would work, but...*shrugs.*

~Chibi~;249;<?>;rukario;

S

Shadowcat

Dragonfree, hi. I love this fic. I only noticed a few small mistakes. Overall this is a good fic. Hope to see more from you and interesting.

Dragonfree

Just me
Just an update on chapter 27, since it's taking so long.

I've finally gone through the whole thing twice and am at last fairly satisfied with what I have down. It's nine pages so far and nearing the end of the chapter; all the main points are here, and now I just need to close it off. Might even finish it tomorrow if we're lucky...

As for the revision, I'm kinda stuck on the fourth chapter, but meh. I'll keep going on with it when I've finished chapter 27, probably. By the way, chapter 27 will have an extra following it, which is already written and will just be proofread slightly, so you can expect that pretty much on the same day that chapter 27 comes out.