• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Quest for the Legends, now with its ILCOETH revision!

F

Feleena

Yay! New chapter! This story remains my favourite on the web.

Hmm, romance... I really have no idea who x who. o_O

So many of the Pokemon have such sad pasts... *sniff* You didn't tell much about Gyarados that I hadn't already guessed, but Scyther's past was really interesting! He's such a great chatacter. He'd probably hate me, though, 'cause I evolved my Syther in Gold. I only did it to finish my Pokedex, but I doubt he'd care... Please don't tell him; I'm rather fond of my head. ^.^

Oh yeah, I asked before, but maybe you didn't see it. Is Kruvmbulasmiklubb Icelandic or just gibberish? Why do I care? I have no idea...

~Feleena

B

BlueAbsol

*ahem* i just finished reading this all, and wow. I love it. I will be a regular from now on. So much suspense! Perfect! And the fact that it centers around legendaries, well, I thought it would be corny at first, like kid-goes-and-gets-all -legenaries-without-effort , But I was wrong. I still think eevee should have evolved into either espeon or umbreon( They are my fav pokemon) But other then that, it rocks.To Dragonfree: O great Author, Do you ever get tired of repeat questions? Example;When people kept on asking Who the purple white pokemon by mew was.
~ ;123; ~ <--Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonfree

Just me
Dragonfree to Feleena: Kruvmbulasmiklubb is just gibberish; I thought I already answered that? o_O; Oh well, probably not.

Dragonfree to BlueAbsol: Yes, kind of. But meh, it's fun writing out the characters' reactions.

By the way, remember it is still possible to ask the characters about whatever you like, and that includes theories on romance, although I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about finding out something of real worth. Could still be fun. ;)

B

BlueAbsol

OK! Leta, What is the most interesting thing Mark has ever said? What about May? *holds microphone In Leta's face* ~Gee, It looks like the Ditz Wants to be hypnotized! This should be worth it! ~ Shut up, Zap! *mumbles* Stupid minun...*ZAPPP*

Dragonfree

Just me
Leta: I haven't been with them for long enough to know much about them.

The True Champion

Behold his Power
Gald to see another chapter up there wasn't action but it helped to expalin alot of things about all the pokemon and learn about scyther's past and why he wanted to kill himself so many times. Keep up the good work!

Dragonfree

Just me
I've put up Guilty, which is an extra following this chapter. As with all extras, it's not required for understanding the fic, but it does add depth to it.

Psychic

Really and truly
This chapter was quite good. I'd like to meet anyone who'd call it a filler.
I can't exactly say ''OMG, I never knew that!" about anyone past when I was reading it, but I could nod my head in agreement. Everybody was portrayed well and such, though everyone stayed very quiet. Sure it was just one of those times where you just keep quiet and bond, but meh.
Mood was set quite well, but I think you could have played around with it a bit more. It wasn't dialogue heavy, it just needed a bit more...description, I guess.

Well, it was a nice chapter, had a good feeling to it. Keep up the great work.

Oh, and do you mind if I also have the character Question and Answer for my fic? I don't think you minded last time someone asked you, but I just wanted to make sure it was ok.

Eagerly awaiting your reply,
~Psychic

Dragonfree

Just me
Sure, I didn't invent that kind of thing, so go ahead.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Hey, guess what: I finally got off of my *** and read this. And why, again, did I wait so long to begin reading this? *shakes head* Shame on me. Dirty, dirty shame.

Okay, now this has two major things going for it to win me over. One: great invented Pokémon, something for which I always hold the utmost enthusiasm. I'm extremely curious about the Color Dragons in particular. (Dragons = Love.) Two: actual, good, engaging Pokémon characters. Scyther is one of the best, most substantial Pokémon characters I've ever read. The amount of care and passion that clearly went into that guy is pretty damn inspiring.

This is also the first instance I've ever seen of game-style elements being wielded effectively and adroitly in a literary setting. You manage to make these elements work in a very lifelike, readily-understandible fashion in these Pokémon, managing to completely avoid making these creatures seem at any time like data.

You've successfully achieved that sweet state at which description is at just the right level to effectively and enjoyably reify the environments, circumstances, and events of the story without congesting its flow with superfluous detail. Satisfying, solid, and graceful.

I might have had a question for one of the characters right now, but most of the ones I had were already asked by others and answered earlier in this thread. If I come up with anything, I'll bring it forward. I don't think I really want too much answered at this point anyway, though; if I did ask a question, it wouldn't be a very major one (or, at least, I'd not intend it as one). I don't really fancy big spoils, especially as I love speculating - satisfying when I guess right, and delightfully surprising when I come to find that I was way off.

Anyway, I have thoroughly enjoyed this story thus far, and will eagerly return here for the next installment.

C

chary888

Impresive.

Even for a mod this is preety good I am impresved.

GO EEVEE! GO! :club:

Dragonfree

Just me
Please do not put random smilies or irrelevant comments in your posts. -_-;

Sike Saner, I'm glad you like it, and happy to have acquired a reader in you. Thanks for all your comments.

YankeeFan2

Number 1
Reply to Quest for The Legends

Great Story, I Never Expected Something Like This, I Really Do Like Trainer Fics

[pointless advertising edited out]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonfree

Just me
Please don't advertise your fic in other people's threads... especially if the actual reply to the fic is very short and doesn't say much, which makes it sound like the main point of the post was to advertise. <<;

U

UnholyWeather

Hello I've never posted here but I have read this story and i must say that I enjoyed reading this. This tale pulled me in from the beginning. The way you write everything, from the description of the environment, character personalities, and pokemon, is excellent. Even the notion of there being made up pokemon didn't deter me from reading and enjoying this story. I do hope you continue writing and hopefully finish this story for I am very curious as to what happens to Mark and his friends.

P.S. I've noticed the Ninetales on your banner and I have been wondering if Mark will aquire a Vulpix or Ninetales later in his journey?

Later.

Dragonfree

Just me
UnholyWeather: Thanks. ^^ And you'll have to see what the Ninetales' role in the story is... I assume she will first appear in this version around chapter 33.

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
I've heard about this story, and had a dogged fascination to actually read it . Which, before now, I was too lazy to do so. Now here I am. In any case, I'll start off my review.

Having not seen the revised version, I have to say this is a very interesting beginning (I have only read the Prologue and Chapter 1), and both have proven thus far to be an interesting read. Being a lover of felines in general, I loved Chalnor, whom was cool anyway, but with the addition of feline aspects, I love even more. I hope that's not selfish of me :/

The next chapter, your main Character, Mark, from the start shows a personality, which is what many writers fail to accomplish in their first chapter. I like it, and I loved how his parents (His mother mainly) reacted to there actually being a Charmander in the house. I found it very amusing actually, and I spotted no errors of any consequence.. which means non at all.

Nice chapter, and I have no criticism to add. I'll enjoy to reading more of your future chapters.

Rianwel

Beginning Trainer
I just finished reading this, and all I can say is WOW!

Finally getting to see Scyther's story...it nearly made me cry.

Dragonfree, you've made me love Scythers. I didn't even think about them before I read this story...and then, I completely fell in love with them thanks to Scyther. I also fell in love with Gyarados thanks to this fic. *chuckles*

You write your Pokemon as so real. They're people. With personalities and everything.;123; ;130; ;006;

Knightblazer

Memories in the Rain
Uh... hi, Dragonfree.

Well, I just browsed throgh the forums and saw this story, and to past some boring time, I read it. And I must say that decision was a good one, and it was only now it finally occoured to me that I've been reading a year-long fic. XD This is brillant, I must say, everything was perfect and flawless. Your descrpition was great, and every pokemon and humans pesornality was unique. My favourite character so far is Scyther, and I loved the part where Chaletwo and the other legendary were arguing. XDXD. This fic wasn't the usual ordinary every day fic, its extra ordinary, as in great. You devloped Mrak's character right from the start. It's pretty impressive. I also liked how you described the evoloution process and the maturing of the pokemon, espically Charmander. (^.^) I will take note of this fic, and await your next great chapter.

I have a couple of questions.

Scyther: What else do you value most, besides honor?
Scyther: Besides Evoloution, what else do you hate?

Charizard: When you were a Charmelon, what do you think triggered your jealously against Scyther?

Garadoyse: Don't butcher me for spelling your name wrongly. If given a choise, would you rather have been a different pokemon?

Jolteon: Do you ever have any regrets being a Jolteon?
Jolteon: Would you have been another eeveeloution?

Chaletwo: Hwat do you feel about Mew making you? Did you ever regret being Chaletwo?

Mew: Why do you beilive everything in fate?

Mewtwo and Chalet: Do you think that Chaletwo has been a great sucessor from the two of you?

Mark: Now that you're in such a big mess, would you have rather stayed at home and not went on a journey?

Dragonfree: What inspired you to write this story?

Last edited: