1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Moneyy, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Moneyy

Moneyy WORK MAKES YOU FREE

Welcome to The Questions Thread!

What is the Questions Thread? What can I post there? Why does this post by Money902 read like a bonafide Profesco-style dry humor introduction?

If you're asking these questions, you're in the right place. First, because this is the Questions Thread and it is where all of your questions for specific information should be posted. Second, because all of those questions you're asking have completely obvious answers and this thread has a history of being used by people who for some reason can't work through simple problems on their own.

Now that I've probably made you feel a bit nervous about asking simple questions, you can start asking your simple questions here in the Questions Thread. If you want advice to a problem, you should use the Advice thread. Yes, some people in the past have not quite gotten the connection between thread title and purpose, but they're forumrats as opposed to teachers, police officers, political leaders, and published authors, so the world is not yet in their incapable hands. Hopefully, the answers they find here will help make them more capable for such future careers.

Ask away, wonderers!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2011
  2. Paradoxe

Paradoxe not actually psychic

First question then.

Am I going to get my postcount back? It didn't look like too many other people's were dropped.

3. Moneyy

Mine dropped too, and no, we probably won't get them back.

4. Josef Stylin

Josef Stylin I want to die

Serebii himself said that the lost posts aren't going to be recovered.

5. Lbsweet96

Lbsweet96 &#32

Why couldn't you make a thorough opening post?

6. Moneyy

What did you want me to say?

7. Lbsweet96

Lbsweet96 &#32

You should've elaborated on what would fly here and what wouldn't. Or, since you don't seem to know what would fly and what wouldn't, let someone else do it. I mean, when you have the Rules thread that discourages short and vague OP's and then right under it is a stickied thread consisting of one relevant sentence, it just seem sort of silly.

8. Moneyy

... You mean disscuss rules which Profesco already did? I'll edit it anyway to make it more clear, however.By the way, I'd like to know what you would put in the OP that's more then two sentences. It's a questions thread, pretty self-explanatory.

9. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

Money902, I'm going to edit your opening post so this thread looks a bit more dressed up for company. It really should make as good an impression as the Rules request, like Lbsweet said.

Thank you for doing Misc a favor, sincerely, but I'd prefer to handle these necessary threads on my own terms. =)

10. Moneyy

Ok, that's good. I wasn't really sure what more to add.

11. Paradoxe

I never see these announcements.

Oh well.

12. Shiny Mew2

Shiny Mew2 Gunshow

Plain and simple: What the hell happened today? I was out all day and came to find Misc completely wiped.

13. Paradoxe

I'm sure don't people want to talk about it anymore, but Ethan gave the Anonymous_Smod password away and people went willy nilly with it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  14. jacobii

jacobii Third Wheel in J#+IB

And now for the first question that is not related to the destruction of misc:

What are some good forums? (not the steam forums) I'm bored of only being a member of this one?

15. Josef Stylin

Josef Stylin I want to die

It wasn't an annoucement, it was a post in the Chat thread.

16. Paradoxe

Oh no, feel free to correct me.

17. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

What DID happen in the last 24 hours or so at Serebii anyway?

18. KiraRebornXD

KiraRebornXD Well-Known Member

0_0 After reading that i'm a little nervous! XD Anyway, why is it people claim to have seen missingo in games like sapphire when he is to my knowledge only in red, blue, and yellow?

19. *IZ*

*IZ* Well-Known Member

Silly Ethan!
    Why did he do that?

20. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

^ Hey, you took my words! Why on earth would've he done that? He's usually sensible (to my knowledge)... Or is he?