• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
How do I get into archery? It seems interesting to me

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo

You can probably Google or ask around for archery clubs in your areas - I think they exist in quite a lot of places, actually. They can help you get started out.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

I teach archery at a Girl Scout camp. All you really have to do is look around for programs at camps and things. Most cities have shooting ranges somewhere nearby. My certification is through USA Archery, and their website has all kinds of programs and things for people who want to get into it. (If you live in the United States, of course. If you live in another country, I'm sure your country has a similar organization.)

Spookz

Lumos
Lately i've listened to music in my iphone and after pressing the pause button of its corresponding earphones it popes up the screen of voice control and then randomly changed my playlist to some album it chose to play. It wasn't this way before. Anybody knows how i can bring it back to normal?

I had a similar problem about a year ago, if I remember correctly, the headphones were faulty. If you have another pair of headphones with controls (or maybe borrow a pair from a friend if you don't) try using them for a bit and see if the problem still occurs.

Iced Earth

Vibing
Do you know, the muffin man?

No but seriously, anyone know a good website for offroad parts for Jeeps?

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Okay, so I'm writing a formal essay based on literature which has to be properly referenced etc. I've been using websites which have chapter summaries of the books and I was just wondering whether I needed to cite these or not? The information that is on them is basically what is in the book, just in shortened form, and since I'm already citing the books, I didn't think I would need to. I'm not sure, though.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I know there are diverse answers to this (and I already did my research on this), but I'm just curious. When it comes to applying for high-paying jobs and the recruiters ask you for a desired hourly wage or salary, how would you respond to it?

(feel free to use any field...business, science, IT, etc.)

From what I learned trying to get a job as a student, one of the better responses that I found was that you shouldn't give a definite answer but literally say "a wage/salary etc that we both believe matches my skill level or abilities" or something along those lines. I haven't been asked this question since the jobs I applied for were one day a week minimum wage type jobs.

Okay, so I'm writing a formal essay based on literature which has to be properly referenced etc. I've been using websites which have chapter summaries of the books and I was just wondering whether I needed to cite these or not? The information that is on them is basically what is in the book, just in shortened form, and since I'm already citing the books, I didn't think I would need to. I'm not sure, though.

If your absolutely positive that the website has the same info as the book then go ahead and cite the book only. It'll clog up your reference list at the end if you cite both for the same info. Or what you could do is cite the book, then follow up by citing the website. Though you must be careful that th website is credible.

Last edited:

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
For the past few days I've been trying to get an account started on Smashboards, but for some reason I keep getting this error message:

"It seems like you already registered an account on our website. If you believe this is an error, please contact us"

I don't remember ever starting an account or even seeing the forum before recently. I don't think its a computer issue, considering I tried to do the same thing on my android. I tried contacting those in charge on the site too, but no one's even replied. Thoughts?

P.S I still enjoy coming on these forums. lol

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
For the past few days I've been trying to get an account started on Smashboards, but for some reason I keep getting this error message:

"It seems like you already registered an account on our website. If you believe this is an error, please contact us"

I don't remember ever starting an account or even seeing the forum before recently. I don't think its a computer issue, considering I tried to do the same thing on my android. I tried contacting those in charge on the site too, but no one's even replied. Thoughts?

P.S I still enjoy coming on these forums. lol

Try clicking a Forgot Password button somewhere and enter your email address and see what happens. Maybe you registered way back but can't remember? I don't know, but if you used that email to sign up, that's probably why it says you've already got an account, unless it is a genuine error.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Try clicking a Forgot Password button somewhere and enter your email address and see what happens. Maybe you registered way back but can't remember? I don't know, but if you used that email to sign up, that's probably why it says you've already got an account, unless it is a genuine error.

I tried that as well, but it still didn't work.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Try clearing your cookies, someone might of used your computer, or internet connection to sign up before.

I believe I just cleared my cookies, but nothing's changed. I'm pretty much the only one who uses this computer, so the chances of someone signing up before are slim. Could it be because I use Internet Explorer or something like that?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Possibly. IE sucks, try doing it with Google Chrome or Firefox. Another thing is that someone else in your house might use the same internet/router on another computer. Sometimes this causes the devices in the house to share an IP address. If Smashboards checks your sign-up by IP, you may need to change it.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Possibly. IE sucks, try doing it with Google Chrome or Firefox. Another thing is that someone else in your house might use the same internet/router on another computer. Sometimes this causes the devices in the house to share an IP address. If Smashboards checks your sign-up by IP, you may need to change it.

Hmm. That makes sense. My mom has an android that she uses, so I guess the whole IP thing is possible. How would I change it?

P.S Sorry for all the questions

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Unplug your router for about 10 minutes. The restart your computer before you plug the router back in. A combination of that should usually do it. I also recommended using a different browser. IE tends to store things you don't want in the background process.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Unplug your router for about 10 minutes. The restart your computer before you plug the router back in. A combination of that should usually do it. I also recommended using a different browser. IE tends to store things you don't want in the background process.

I tried that as well, but I still got an error. I must not be doing something right, but I don't know what. I wonder if someone gave me a link to the page that you make an account on will help. If that doesn't work, I might have to forget about it for the time being.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
I had a similar problem about a year ago, if I remember correctly, the headphones were faulty. If you have another pair of headphones with controls (or maybe borrow a pair from a friend if you don't) try using them for a bit and see if the problem still occurs.

Yes! It did work! I've bought another pair of headphones and so far it works quite good.
How do i say the verb overdue in a passive form in english? Is it used in this tense at all?

SoundofMadness

Speed Kills
The saying "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" leads one to believe that indeed a woodchuck cannot chuck wood, if it cannot chuck wood, then why is it called a woodchuck? :confused: