• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
When they say 8 out of 10 cats UNCUT, what do they mean by UNCUT? Is it just stronger language or something?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
When they say 8 out of 10 cats UNCUT, what do they mean by UNCUT? Is it just stronger language or something?
Most of the time for these shows they edit for several reasons. Time is often a reason for edits in these shows, also sometimes "questionable commentary" is often not suitable for a earlier showing, and may need to be removed.

The Uncut episodes are longer than the "standard" episodes.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Most of the time for these shows they edit for several reasons. Time is often a reason for edits in these shows, also sometimes "questionable commentary" is often not suitable for a earlier showing, and may need to be removed.

The Uncut episodes are longer than the "standard" episodes.

Thx for the reply :)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm taking an English exam tomorrow (English is not my native language) and I'm not too sure about how these two sentences work out.

Say it in another way:

1. He did not apologize, so I did not forgive him. (start with IF)
If he apologized, I would've forgiven him. OR
If he had apologized, I would've forgiven him.

2. She will not do it unless you make her. (start with ONLY IF)
Only if you make her, will she do it. OR
Only if you make her, she will do it.

1. Both of these sentences are correct.

2. The second sentence is correct.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Thanks! I deleted my message because I actually had more I wasn't sure about and I figured I should just rewrite the entire thing ^^;; Here are the questions and then my guesses, please correct them if anything is wrong.

Say it in another way:

1. He believes that reckless drivers should be heavily fined. (start with RECKLESS DRIVERS)
Reckless drivers are believed that they should be heavily fined.

2. He did not know her address, so he did not visit her. (start with NOT)
Not knowing her address was his reason for not visiting her.

3. I do not mind being alone at weekends. (start with I DO NOT MIND and use ON)
I do not mind loneliness on weekends.

4. It was proved that the three girls had nothing to do with the missing items. (start with IT WAS PROVED THAT and use OF)
It was proved that the girls were innocent of the case of the missing items.

5. I have not seen Christine since Easter. (start with I and use LAST)
I last saw Christine on Easter.

6. Why do we not invite Sue for dinner? (start with HE and use INVITING)
He should think about inviting Sue for dinner. OR
He should think of inviting Sue for dinner. OR
He should consider inviting Sue for dinner. (I kind of found a loophole around the "think about/of" problem but the entire sentence looked off to me in the first place...)

I think that's it. Also mind that our professor considers American English incorrect and wants us to use present/past perfect rather than just past simple (eg. "before I came here, I had spoken to Jack" rather than "before I came here, I spoke to Jack").

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Thanks! I deleted my message because I actually had more I wasn't sure about and I figured I should just rewrite the entire thing ^^;; Here are the questions and then my guesses, please correct them if anything is wrong.

1. He believes that reckless drivers should be heavily fined. (start with RECKLESS DRIVERS)

4. It was proved that the three girls had nothing to do with the missing items. (start with IT WAS PROVED THAT and use OF)

He should consider inviting Sue for dinner. (I kind of found a loophole around the "think about/of" problem but the entire sentence looked off to me in the first place...)

I think that's it. Also mind that our professor considers American English incorrect and wants us to use present/past perfect rather than just past simple (eg. "before I came here, I had spoken to Jack" rather than "before I came here, I spoke to Jack").

Well, I live in America and I speak American English, so I'll do my best to help you. But past simple is considered grammatically correct here, so if I accidentally tell you it's correct, I'm sorry. But I'll try not to :)

Say it in another way:

This is not correct. It should be "Reckless drivers, he believes, should be heavily fined."

Correct

Correct. I don't know about British people, but Americans would say "on", not "at" in the first place. We don't say "at weekends".

This is grammatically correct, but it sounds really weird. If you use "of the case", an American would assume that you're talking about an actual legal matter. A more "normal" way of saying this would be:

"It was proved that the three girls knew nothing of the missing items."

Correct

All three are correct!

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Correct. I don't know about British people, but Americans would say "on", not "at" in the first place. We don't say "at weekends".
I know right? I just wanted to write "I do not mind being alone on weekends" but I figured it couldn't be THAT simple.

"Reckless drivers, he believes, should be heavily fined."
"It was proved that the three girls knew nothing of the missing items."
These DO make more sense than they did before

All three are correct!
oh my xD GO ME

Thanks again, you're awesome :'D

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I know right? I just wanted to write "I do not mind being alone on weekends" but I figured it couldn't be THAT simple.

These DO make more sense than they did before

oh my xD GO ME

Thanks again, you're awesome :'D

You're awesome! You speak English really well!

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
You're awesome! You speak English really well!

I actually consider myself pretty good, it's just that present and past perfect throw me off sometimes, so I'm never really completely sure when it comes to conditionals and reported speech. xD;; It's rather silly that the professor doesn't accept American English considering it's completely fine in the high school exit exam.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Shan't there be a focused post for requests for nickname-changes on October? I remember it used to be held every October and April.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
At McDonald's what's the difference between a quarter pounder with cheese and a standard cheeseburger? Is the cheeseburger just smaller?

Myrrh

Is it possible to save a gif onto a computer for viewing while offline, or does it need the internet to load and work? I bookmark gif urls anyway, but I was curious if it could work this way.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I don't have a 3DS yet, but I'm getting one soon. Just curious... are they at all compatible with a standard DS/Lite/XL? As in, could I Poketransfer from Gen IV to Gen V using a DS lite and a 3DS?

Enjolras

Master of the House
I don't have a 3DS yet, but I'm getting one soon. Just curious... are they at all compatible with a standard DS/Lite/XL? As in, could I Poketransfer from Gen IV to Gen V using a DS lite and a 3DS?

Yes, you can.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
How should I ask it: 'which one would you prefer', or 'which one you would prefer?
Some explanation as well would be the best:)

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
How should I ask it: 'which one would you prefer', or 'which one you would prefer?
Some explanation as well would be the best:)

Or how about 'which one DO you prefer?'. It would help if you said what it's for..