• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I'm sure don't people want to talk about it anymore, but Ethan gave the Anonymous_Smod password away and people went willy nilly with it.

He also hacked Joe's account and changed his avatar into a penis.

Silly Ethan!
Why did he do that?

^ Hey, you took my words! Why on earth would've he done that? He's usually sensible (to my knowledge)... Or is he?

Things aren't as perfect as you would think.
Hopefully THIS will put all these questions about today at rest.
Quote from Ethan himself. Also, do NOT take this as just a random outburst. As he said later in the thread, he had spoken out towards Joe many times before, just on the private Staff-Only board, so his feelings were only what he had conveyed outside of those threads.

Now let's put this to rest and actually get this Questions thread rolling again, hmm?

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm sure don't people want to talk about it anymore, but Ethan gave the Anonymous_Smod password away and people went willy nilly with it.
That happened, and Ethan try to ban any Mod Level staff, such as Professco and myself.

You probably can guess that most staff are not pleased with it, even those who don't go in to misc at all.

*IZ*

That happened, and Ethan try to ban any Mod Level staff, such as Professco and myself.

You probably can guess that most staff are not pleased with it, even those who don't go in to misc at all.

Ive never seen you in misc, so I'm guessing you're one.

Now my question is; Shouldnt Ethan be IP banned and why does he keep coming back?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Now my question is; Shouldnt Ethan be IP banned and why does he keep coming back?
IP Bans are possible to get around (and I suspect that he may know how to do it), and I don't have the Ability to sort out IP bans. I can say that I did do a few IP checks on a few members, that I hate Dynamic IP Assignment..

Typo

been a while

An IP ban will only temporarily hinder somebody who knows what they're doing. Short of screwing the evader over IRL (like getting his internet service provider on his case by reporting him), they won't stop until they feel like it. Every ban can be evaded.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
It is possible to encrypt your IP to make it unbannable. I learned that the hard way on Jedi Academy. We banned this one person from our server 7 times. He would not leave.

Not saying Ethan could do this, but chances are, if he so wished, he could do it.

And for what he said, I'd smack him around a few times. What he did wasn't only immature, but also foolish and derogatory. I certainly hope this doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Can lightning strike inside a home with closed windows?

Can I burn if I have a lamp right above my head?

Why ban someone if striping them of their authority, which they hated, is enough?

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Ethan didn't care about the authority issues. He felt like he was being mistreated, and he took it out the wrong way. He should have confronted Serebii out right, explained what he thought, politely, and then negotiated with him from there. What he did was blantly wrong and idiotic.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Can you answer the lamp question? I don't want to have my hair on fire...or to fry my brain...

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
If it falls and breaks, I think a burn will be the least of your problems.

Spookz

Lumos
Can lightning strike inside a home with closed windows?
Technically, yes, lightning can still get inside through pipes or wiring. The chances are slim, but that's why it's said you should avoid taking a shower during a storm.

Can I burn if I have a lamp right above my head?
A standard lamp you would find in the home? You're fine.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
No, miss, that won't be an issue if it's drilled into the wall. Lol.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I was afraid that he heat emitted by the lamp would make my hair on fire at some point...

that's stupid isn't it?

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
It isn't stupid. It's just... well, it's sensible you would think about it like that, but you are safe. I had a lava lam near my head a while back, and I had no issues, even though I had a bottle of heated substance next to my head 8 hours a night. Lol.

But, all in all, you are safe.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
I'm gonna post my question again.

Can anybody recommend another good forums? I'm bored of only being a member of this one.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Well, advertisement is against the rules, and I'm not one to intentionally do that, so... I'm afraid I can't answer that. Find what interests you the most, google for a forum of it, and good luck. o_o

Pristarin

Banned
It is possible to encrypt your IP to make it unbannable. I learned that the hard way on Jedi Academy. We banned this one person from our server 7 times. He would not leave.

Not saying Ethan could do this, but chances are, if he so wished, he could do it.

And for what he said, I'd smack him around a few times. What he did wasn't only immature, but also foolish and derogatory. I certainly hope this doesn't happen again.

Ethan speaking. :)

You know, it really is funny that regular members pretend to know to what's what in regards to certain situations, especially as it pertains to the staff. Like how in your next post you ignorantly and incorrectly assume I had never talked to Serebii or tried to negotiate with them politely. It's members like you, that talk mad shit about people they don't know, situations they don't know, and act macho and self righteous. I'd smack him around a few times? Really? Glad to know people take the internet so seriously. You go ahead and keep talk mad shit behind your computer screen though sparky.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I can reply to the above post in only one way.

*facepalm* I don't care what really happened. Frankly, I know Ethan did wrong and needed to go about it differently.

Now, go back to your base, soldier. And don't be harking accounts if what you say is true.

Last edited: