• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Ethan speaking. :)

You know, it really is funny that regular members pretend to know to what's what in regards to certain situations, especially as it pertains to the staff. Like how in your next post you ignorantly and incorrectly assume I had never talked to Serebii or tried to negotiate with them politely. It's members like you, that talk mad shit about people they don't know, situations they don't know, and act macho and self righteous. I'd smack him around a few times? Really? Glad to know people take the internet so seriously. You go ahead and keep talk mad shit behind your computer screen though sparky.
ethan
Seriously, quit b*tching.
You're taking the internet seriously right now buddy. I don't think you have a life now, do you?

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
The above posts are made by wise brothers or sisters, my friend. If you don't like us and our family, whether or not we are mods or just normal teenagers, leave with grace, not quit with rage. I hope you understand what I mean and take it to heart.

Typo

been a while
Moving on from the soap operas...

I'm looking for a good set of earbuds. Definitely want good sound quality and comfort, but above ANYTHING I need them to be portable. They need to be able to take a good beating, and really just be unbreakable in any situation that I'm not going out of my way to destroy them. I like taking my music out for a car ride/the store/anywhere really to fill the silence when I'm not around people. I usually just wire them through my shirt and into my pocket, and let the ear buds hang off of my collar, or I just wrap my iPod up in them. And I'm tired of buying crappy Skullcandy products for twenty dollars a set and having them break after normal usage after a month.

Right now, I'm sporting a set of DBI Pro 705's. They're reinforced with metal both in the wire and the headband, and have AMAZING sound quality with very good bass. These are made to be used in Wal-Marts and music stores to be used by thousands of idiots daily and not break. I got them this past Christmas used off of EBAY, and they're still functioning perfectly.

Problem is...they're not very portable. The wire is extremely long and bulky, making it a pain to roll up and slip into my pocket. It's very heavy due to all of the metal it's carrying, and the headphones/headband don't fit comfortably around my neck should I not want to have them on my head. It's just not practical.

So TL;DR, I have extremely bulky headphones that aren't portable. I need well-enough sounding/feeling earphones that won't break. Assume price isn't too much of a factor. If anyone could help, that'd be great.

-Typo

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
deokishisu.123 said:
The above posts are made by wise brothers or sisters, my friend. If you don't like us and our family, whether or not we are mods or just normal teenagers, leave with grace, not quit with rage. I hope you understand what I mean and take it to heart.

Because him liking certain people here while not liking many others is clearly beyond the realm of possibility, here. Extremely zen advice, btw, tho

Typo said:
Moving on from the soap operas...

I'm looking for a good set of earbuds. Definitely want good sound quality and comfort, but above ANYTHING I need them to be portable. They need to be able to take a good beating, and really just be unbreakable in any situation that I'm not going out of my way to destroy them. I like taking my music out for a car ride/the store/anywhere really to fill the silence when I'm not around people. I usually just wire them through my shirt and into my pocket, and let the ear buds hang off of my collar, or I just wrap my iPod up in them. And I'm tired of buying crappy Skullcandy products for twenty dollars a set and having them break after normal usage after a month.

Right now, I'm sporting a set of DBI Pro 705's. They're reinforced with metal both in the wire and the headband, and have AMAZING sound quality with very good bass. These are made to be used in Wal-Marts and music stores to be used by thousands of idiots daily and not break. I got them this past Christmas used off of EBAY, and they're still functioning perfectly.

Problem is...they're not very portable. The wire is extremely long and bulky, making it a pain to roll up and slip into my pocket. It's very heavy due to all of the metal it's carrying, and the headphones/headband don't fit comfortably around my neck should I not want to have them on my head. It's just not practical.

So TL;DR, I have extremely bulky headphones that aren't portable. I need well-enough sounding/feeling earphones that won't break. Assume price isn't too much of a factor. If anyone could help, that'd be great.

-Typo

Unless you're pickier than I about headphones, I've had good results and no troubles with JVC's... uh, I think the ones I'm using now are called Marshmallows. Or, if you want ones that don't protrude into your ear canal, as some people do, they also make ones called Gummies. Anywho, unless you're looking for way high quality, the sound is good (better than Skullcandy earbuds, in my opinion, but that's not saying much), they're comfortable, come in many colors, and are reasonably cheap (~$10 for Gummies, <$20 for Marshmallows, if I remember rightly). And they should last at least for months, and are probably about as portable as you can get. But yeah, take this with a grain of salt, since it's all my opinion, and I'm not picky.

P.S.- Holy shit, Typo.

Spookz

Lumos
I've been rather pleased with Sony for "cheap" but "good" headphones (those being relative to the buyer of course). Right now I'm sporting the DR-V150iP model. I don't know if you're wanting to stick with actual headphones or are hoping for ear buds, but I have trouble wearing earbuds and have been happy with these. I've had my current pair for over a year now, the cable is short and thin enough to be unobtrusive, I typically thread it down my shirt and put my iPod in my jean pocket as you mentioned. There's also an iPod remote which I like to have.

I've been tempted to buy a pair of the Bose headphones for a while now, but I've never had a serious problem with the Sony pair, so I haven't yet had an excuse to buy a more expensive or "better" brand.

Dear Insanity

above average
So any regular earbuds I've ever tried to use just fall out of my ears within 2 minutes, and the same goes for the in ear ones too. I think it's because I have a small tragus, which is what keeps them in.

Anyway, I'm trying to look for a solution which doesn't involve buying a set of hench headphones, because frankly I'd feel like a tool walking around wearing them, and on top of that they're not very portable. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Spookz

Lumos
So any regular earbuds I've ever tried to use just fall out of my ears within 2 minutes, and the same goes for the in ear ones too. I think it's because I have a small tragus, which is what keeps them in.

Anyway, I'm trying to look for a solution which doesn't involve buying a set of hench headphones, because frankly I'd feel like a tool walking around wearing them, and on top of that they're not very portable. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I have this same problem. Honestly, there aren't a lot of options. There are some earbuds/phones that are manufactured smaller, but it's a wild guess as to which ones will work for you. You'd be spending and wasting a lot of money trying to find a pair. It's best to find a lightweight over/on ear headphones.

It's pretty much picking the lesser of two evils here: get over the fact that you feel stupid wearing headphones around in public, or stop every 45 seconds to push one of your buds back in.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Headphones > Buds.

Buds hurt my ears after a while, as all you're doing is shoving a round piece of plastic in your ear hole. Headphones are cushioned and may be noise-cancelling. :)

Waterlover711

<=my doggy(prof.pic)
what does 2+2=?....i need to know quickly so i can pass my test

Typo

been a while
Thanks everyone!

what does 2+2=?....i need to know quickly so i can pass my test

The answer appears to be "Four", or "4". Here's my source.

:)

Unless you're pickier than I about headphones, I've had good results and no troubles with JVC's... uh, I think the ones I'm using now are called Marshmallows. Or, if you want ones that don't protrude into your ear canal, as some people do, they also make ones called Gummies. Anywho, unless you're looking for way high quality, the sound is good (better than Skullcandy earbuds, in my opinion, but that's not saying much), they're comfortable, come in many colors, and are reasonably cheap (~$10 for Gummies, <$20 for Marshmallows, if I remember rightly). And they should last at least for months, and are probably about as portable as you can get. But yeah, take this with a grain of salt, since it's all my opinion, and I'm not picky.

I have a rather large ear, so both of them work for me fine. I always prefer the inner-ear earbuds, because they block out other sound better. I think one of my sisters used the Gumy earbuds one and they lasted her months, so I'll definitely check those out.

P.S.- Holy shit, Typo.

I know, right?

I've been rather pleased with Sony for "cheap" but "good" headphones (those being relative to the buyer of course). Right now I'm sporting the DR-V150iP model. I don't know if you're wanting to stick with actual headphones or are hoping for ear buds, but I have trouble wearing earbuds and have been happy with these. I've had my current pair for over a year now, the cable is short and thin enough to be unobtrusive, I typically thread it down my shirt and put my iPod in my jean pocket as you mentioned.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking for earbuds. They're just easier to wrap up and store when I'm not using them. Sony seems to be really good though. I have several friends and my sister who are using Sony products and they've lasted months. Will definitely look into Sony.

This is my problem exactly.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Are there any other Armenians on this forum?? I was gonna make a new topic about it but didn't know if it would be a good topic or not lol.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Spookz

Lumos
You could definitely recreate the "where are you from?" thread, but I don't know about a thread with a question as specific as "Are there any other Armenians on this forum?". I'm not an authority on these things though, PM a mod and ask them what they think.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
What time does Amazon Kindle update? A book that I pre-ordered comes out tomorrow. Will it be available tonight at midnight?

Why is it illegal to ride a motorbike without a helmet?

I'm not an idiot. I know of the safety risks and stuff. But my question is why is it ILLEGAL (where I live, anyways, and in some states).

If I want to be stupid and risk my life, why is that not my choice? I get things like driving without a seatbelt or driving drunk because you could injure someone else. But how does a helmet affect anyone besides me?

I am asking for a clear reason as to why the government should be involved in my personal safety. It's my life. By their logic, they should make it illegal to climb mountains because potentially you can fall and die.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
In most states it is. It is here in NC, but in SC, it is legal. Same thing with fireworks, too. It all depends on your state.

Abstinence Pistols

I'm guessing the difference is that not havong a helmet on is just extremely simple, and can save your life. And when climbing moutains you generally wear a climbing harness and the like.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
You have a point. Still, you shouldn't die. Hmm. You make a point. I suppose if you're riding as a passenger, like I do, you should wear a helmet because if the driver dies, you can tell the officers if the driver was drinking, was being reckless, etc.

it's also common sense.