• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

What happens when you try to PM, add as a friend, or leave a visitor message for someone and you're on that person's ignore list?

Spookz

Lumos
I don't know from experience, but I imagine it won't go through and you'll get a message saying the message (or whatever) can't be posted. Probably similar to an email bouncing back.

I don't know from experience, but I imagine it won't go through and you'll get a message saying the message (or whatever) can't be posted. Probably similar to an email bouncing back.

Hmm, that makes sense. Thanks for the answer!

shatty

Shiny Hunter
Buying Merchandise from Valve

They wouldn't be able to see your post I guess. But I imagine you would be able to see it. It works this way so 'ignoring' is done secretivly.

Last edited:

*IZ*

So do you guys recommend I pre-order MW3 and get it the day it comes out or just buy it the day it comes out?

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
How do you change the name of a link?

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
How do you change the name of a link?

You can't change the name of a link but you can put a link in text by using the insert link button.
So do you guys recommend I pre-order MW3 and get it the day it comes out or just buy it the day it comes out?

It'll be the same price, so just pre-order it. It will save you time

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I'm allowed to have an electronic device to take notes during class on my computer or an ipad. I've been thinking about buying an iPad for a while and I was wondering if it has a good app or something that is easy to take notes with and can easily be emailed or sent to my computer. Preferably something that uses the keyboard.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I'm allowed to have an electronic device to take notes during class on my computer or an ipad. I've been thinking about buying an iPad for a while and I was wondering if it has a good app or something that is easy to take notes with and can easily be emailed or sent to my computer. Preferably something that uses the keyboard.

I say stick with the computer. I doubt you'll be able to take notes fast enough on the iPad's keyboard, and you'll just end up making a lot of errors--as many iPod/iPad users do using the keyboard. If you're still set on buying an iPad, i'd go with the "Pages" app. You can create documents on it, and has the same format as an MS Document.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I own a small community forum called New Gen Pokemon with only about nine or ten active members. However, forty-five members have joined. How come so many people join forums and never post anything?

Grey Wind

What happens when you try to PM, add as a friend, or leave a visitor message for someone and you're on that person's ignore list?
PMs won't go through, and VMs are posted, but the person who blocked you gets a message saying that you're on their ignore list. I'm not sure about friend requests.

I own a small community forum called New Gen Pokemon with only about nine or ten active members. However, forty-five members have joined. How come so many people join forums and never post anything?
They may have joined and forgot about it. There's no surefire answer though, it stems from a variety of reasons.

Zibdas

not bad
PMs won't go through, and VMs are posted, but the person who blocked you gets a message saying that you're on their ignore list. I'm not sure about friend requests.

VMs don't go through. It denies you when you try.

As for Frienmd Requests, they get sent to person

Grey Wind

VMs do go through. I've had VMs from people on my ignore list, but I couldn't see the message. It's the same as looking at their posts.

Meowth City

Staff member
How do you add a poll to a thread you made?
After you press the 'post a new thread' button, you will see a second box of options called 'Additional Options'. The last option is 'post a poll' so click the box next to the 'yes' and choose how many poll options you want.

Zibdas

not bad
VMs do go through. I've had VMs from people on my ignore list, but I couldn't see the message. It's the same as looking at their posts.

But when I was ignored by someone else, I couldn't even see their profile. Maybe that's just when they're invisible and ignore you.

Profesco

gone gently
Hey webbies, I need a bit of help with something.

For a project in cognition, I'd like to create a media presentation that uses a movie of the "Number Cruncher" task from the original Brain Age DS game. I haven't been able to find a video of the game online, though. I know people can upload their DS screen activity to their computers, thanks to the existence of Let's Plays all over YouTube.

If anyone can find a video of the Number Cruncher game, or if you know what is required to get DS screen gameplay onto a laptop and how to do it, would you please leave me a VM about it?

Thanks!

)WisP(

Graceful as the wind
Hey webbies, I need a bit of help with something.

For a project in cognition, I'd like to create a media presentation that uses a movie of the "Number Cruncher" task from the original Brain Age DS game. I haven't been able to find a video of the game online, though. I know people can upload their DS screen activity to their computers, thanks to the existence of Let's Plays all over YouTube.

If anyone can find a video of the Number Cruncher game, or if you know what is required to get DS screen gameplay onto a laptop and how to do it, would you please leave me a VM about it?

Thanks!

Using an emulator is the only way of doing it that I know of. Make sure you own a DS and a copy of the game before doing so, it's illegal if not as far as I know.