• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

G50

No longer posting
Why do some parents reward their parents for being bad? My little brother's friend got suspended for fighting in school, so I go to Mickey D's and I somehow run into them, turns out he started the fight over a pen or w/e but his mom took him out to eat because he "stood his ground" or whatever the hell that means. This isn't the only time though, I've seen kids that F's on their report card get rewarded in hope that they raise their grade or kids that throw a tantrum in stores because they can't get what they want, then later get it anyway for "being mature and calming down".
Really world?

Some parents are just that way...
- Some let things go very easily when their child does something wrong.
- Some take things away after the child misbehaves regardless if the calm down, appologize, etc.
- and Some have them calm down first, appologize, admit what they did wrong and then give them what they want.

Enjyu

Made In China.
Why do some parents reward their parents for being bad? My little brother's friend got suspended for fighting in school, so I go to Mickey D's and I somehow run into them, turns out he started the fight over a pen or w/e but his mom took him out to eat because he "stood his ground" or whatever the hell that means. This isn't the only time though, I've seen kids that F's on their report card get rewarded in hope that they raise their grade or kids that throw a tantrum in stores because they can't get what they want, then later get it anyway for "being mature and calming down".

Really world?

You mean reward their child? I have no clue. It makes no sense.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE

Really world?
We live in America, remember?

oh yeah, why are there suddenly blue text ads that sneak their way into your posts?

AND, what is a good FREE video recording software thing for my cpu?

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion

Really world?

Yeah, the world has bad parents. It's a shame these people get to raise children but that's life.

Shinx_

Really world?

It is crazy... I was at the doctors a week or so ago and there was this little three year old who was screaming because her mom wouldn't give her, her wallet. -_- So the mom gives it to her and the girl gets her way to the money. oh boy Her mom asks for the wallet and money.

Girl: no!
Mom: please?
Girl: nooooo...
Mom: pleeeaaase?

And it goes like this for another 5 minutes till I get up to go to the bathroom just to get away. -_-

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I have a question about light.

If I shine a laser pointer at a white wall, like in the diagram below...

[img139]http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx324/Gelatino95/laserdiagram.png?t=1332715869[/img139]

...then since white is a color which reflects light, the laser should reflect off and follow the dotted line. Instead, the laser bounces back into my eye (I can tell because I can see it, unlike when I shine a laser at a mirror). Why does the light go back into my eye and not reflect somewhere else?

Enjyu

Made In China.

[img139]http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx324/Gelatino95/laserdiagram.png?t=1332715869[/img139]

...then since white is a color which reflects light, the laser should reflect off and follow the dotted line. Instead, the laser bounces back into my eye (I can tell because I can see it, unlike when I shine a laser at a mirror). Why does the light go back into my eye and not reflect somewhere else?

It's a wall, not a mirror. Mirrors reflect light. Walls um...repel it? I don't know.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
But the color white reflects light from all parts of the visible spectrum if I understand correctly.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
The wall being white has nothing to do with how reflective it is. That only tells you what colours the wall is more prone to absorbing, which in this case is all the colours of the spectrum.

I thought black absorbed all colors of the spectrum. This is why my laser pointer is harder to see when I shine it on black things while it is very easy to see when I shine it on white things. That still doesn't answer my question, though. How does the light travel back to my eye if it's traveling on a single path?

The wall is not smooth enough to reflect light like a mirror can. That's what I think. That's why you can see your reflection on a mirror but not on concrete (or any other surface that isn't smooth enough).

Gelatino95

Not a tool
The wall is not smooth enough to reflect light like a mirror can. That's what I think. That's why you can see your reflection on a mirror but not on concrete (or any other surface that isn't smooth enough).

Actually, if I shine my laser on the wall, a reflected image of the laser does show up elsewhere in the room, just very faintly. I guess what I'm wondering is that if only a faint reflection shows up, then where does the rest of the light go? I know it's not being absorbed because white objects can't easily absorb light.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I thought black absorbed all colors of the spectrum.

Yes, it does. White does too, but less is absorbed and more is reflected. In your case the extra light being reflected is so minimal that you cannot see it being reflected in any specific direction, but you can observe that the laser is more visible.

That still doesn't answer my question, though. How does the light travel back to my eye if it's traveling on a single path?

The same way that light from any object does. When photons hit an object they become randomly scattered, which causes you to see the light on the wall.

Really world?

YES, I don't understand this either.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
The same way that light from any object does. When photons hit an object they become randomly scattered, which causes you to see the light on the wall.

Ah. So the reason a faint reflected image of the laser shows up elsewhere is because most photons are being scattered about. That makes sense. However, when I point it in a mirror, most of the photons are redirected instead of being scattered. Correct?

Rezzo

Occasionally
Ah. So the reason a faint reflected image of the laser shows up elsewhere is because most photons are being scattered about. That makes sense. However, when I point it in a mirror, most of the photons are redirected instead of being scattered. Correct?

Yep, it's all down to the reflective properties of the object itself. Light intensity is normally also a factor but it isn't relevant in this situation. The reflectiveness is based upon the actual atomic structure of the object. Some atoms are worse at absorbing radiation than others.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Okay, unrelated question.

Are there full episodes of Doctor Who on Youtube? Actual episodes from beginning to end?

Better yet, is there anywhere I can get windows media files of Doctor Who episodes for free?

Last edited: