• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
This made me giggle with happiness. In all seriousness, I wonder that too, though I doubt they do, I would like to get an answer.

Also, why do some people cuss so much?
Modding on most forums is like volunteering, but if you put it on a résumé you'll get laughed at.

Do the mods get paid? I've always wondered.

I wish we did.

Modding on most forums is like volunteering, but if you put it on a résumé you'll get laughed at.

Not true. I put Serebii in my resume. Serebii has 250,000 members to mod, and the Pokemon of the Week I write can get over a million views a week. This looks a lot better on a resume than you might think. When I was trying to get a promotion at work a few months ago my boss asked me "why do you feel you would succeed in this position" and I basically just listed off stuff I do at Serebii (though I was careful to avoid mentioning Pokemon). I eventually got the promotion!

Experiences gained modding are surprisingly useful. Experiences gained playing Pokemon... those are mostly useless.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Not true. I put Serebii in my resume. Serebii has 250,000 members to mod, and the Pokemon of the Week I write can get over a million views a week. This looks a lot better on a resume than you might think. When I was trying to get a promotion at work a few months ago my boss asked me "why do you feel you would succeed in this position" and I basically just listed off stuff I do at Serebii (though I was careful to avoid mentioning Pokemon). I eventually got the promotion!
Interesting, glad to hear it helped you get a job. Speaking of mods, some forums mods can be atrocious (Funimation's come to mind). Keep up the good work and keep up the good work.

Kacho

You are next.
I wish we did.

Experiences gained modding are surprisingly useful. Experiences gained playing Pokemon... those are mostly useless.

how do you talk to your boss about your modding without the pokemon? I am confused!

also, can i repost a question few pages back?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Who plays Jetpack Joyride in here? Does anyone know how to control Mr. Cuddles?

Zibdas

not bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlFMupGpuho
Everyone knows the Prince Ali song in Aladdin.
But when Genie is a woman, are the younger ladies he's singing with actually saying anything? (around 2:55 in this video)
I've always wondered.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Who plays Jetpack Joyride in here? Does anyone know how to control Mr. Cuddles?

I play it, and I know how to control him, when you touch the screen, he goes down, about the squirming, you can't do anything, which, is annoying to say the least.

Zibdas

not bad
I want to program and make a game in 3D. Except I have no idea how.
Anyone have any idea how to get started?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
What does promoting a class on Mass Effect 3 MP actually do?

Danny1221

I want to program and make a game in 3D. Except I have no idea how.
Anyone have any idea how to get started?

Learning to program I would look up visual basic and an easy introduction to programming and look for tutorials on it. As for making games in 3D most game companies use a program called Autodesk 3DS Max to model their assets however the program is not easy to use my any means and tutorials are hard to find however this at least gives you a staring point.

Princess Neise

Breaking the Mold
Prince Ali Answer

To Zibdas: The three girls sing:
"There's no question this Ali's alluring
Never ordinary, never boring
Everything about the man just plain impresses

He's a winner, he's a whiz, a wonder!
He's about to pull my heart asunder!
And I absolutely love the way he dresses"

*IZ*

how do you talk to your boss about your modding without the pokemon? I am confused!

also, can i repost a question few pages back?

Im going to guess that she said that she's a moderator at a forum that is used by around 2500 people a day. I bet she also said that she writes articles for the website that are probably viewed by a lot of people.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Did Hitler kill himself because he was ashamed of what he did? or was it an entirely different reason?

And on a lighter note, I'm on season 6 of South park right now. Does Kenny ever come back? Don't tell me how or when, if he does. Just a simple yes or no.

ebevan91

Did Hitler kill himself because he was ashamed of what he did? or was it an entirely different reason?

The USSR was closing in on Berlin and the defeat of Germany was imminent so he took the easy way out and killed himself instead of being captured. He would've faced serious punishment if he was captured instead. He didn't really want to suffer the same fate as Benito Mussolini either, who was publicly hanged (upside down) as proof that he was dead.

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
What are good sites for sigs?

I've seen some people with different personality tests on their sigs. Where are some good ones I can find?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hello

May i know what are these Sigs, i really don't know anything about them.

Thanks
Udit

A "sig" is a signature; it's the text or pictures that you tell the forum to put at the end of all of your posts. You already have a sig.

ebevan91

A "sig" is a signature; it's the text or pictures that you tell the forum to put at the end of all of your posts. You already have a sig.

And apparently his/her sig is for advertising too...

Armando Payne

And on a lighter note, I'm on season 6 of South park right now. Does Kenny ever come back? Don't tell me how or when, if he does. Just a simple yes or no.

Yep. Yep he did.