• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I've seen them both used with referring to a person. "You are unorganized." and "You are disorganized." I think it has something to do the prefixes 'un' and "dis". Disorganized is usually used to refer to a person. While unorganized is usually used to describe something that wasn't organized in the first place. A state of "unorganization". Like a box of Legos or something.

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
I've seen them both used with referring to a person. "You are unorganized." and "You are disorganized." I think it has something to do the prefixes 'un' and "dis". Disorganized is usually used to refer to a person. While unorganized is usually used to describe something that wasn't organized in the first place. A state of "unorganization". Like a box of Legos or something.

But you're just playing with the -ed and -tion suffixes that way. You could just as soon, and without any trouble say: "You are unorganized." And "The room is in a state of disorganization."

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Can Matt Damon really speak German, French, Russian & Spanish like he can in the Bourne flims?

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
But you're just playing with the -ed and -tion suffixes that way. You could just as soon, and without any trouble say: "You are unorganized." And "The room is in a state of disorganization."

True, true. I personally just stick to "unorganized." It really can fit in place of the other.

Just for the record, disorganized should refer to more of a permanent state (i.e. describing a person), while unorganized is more temporary or prone to change (i.e. a room). But like so many other aspects of English, people have bastardized it so that you can use them interchangeably and no one will bat an eye, so realistically there isn't any distinction.

Can Matt Damon really speak German, French, Russian & Spanish like he can in the Bourne flims?

No, Matt Damon is an idjit and can barely speak English.

KyoJinOfDarkness

Dark Master
The small image under my title and name (Dark Master), how do I change it? PM me if you would like to explain, so I don't flood this thread.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Can someone help me find Pokemon games in (Brazilian) Portuguese? I'm trying to learn the language, so I figured playing a game in that language could help a lot.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Can someone help me find Pokemon games in (Brazilian) Portuguese? I'm trying to learn the language, so I figured playing a game in that language could help a lot.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
That's wack.

I'm going to read the Harry Potter books in Portuguese, then.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Is it worth buying Demon Soul before buying Dark Soul or should I just skip Demon Soul and go straight for Dark Soul?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
What relation to me is my mom's cousin?

Also, in the film Avengers Assemble Iron Man references the "tale of jonah". Can someone please tell me what that is?

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
Nope. She's his second Cousin once removed,

nah just second cousin, the cousin's children would be second cousin once removed.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Nope. She's his second Cousin once removed,

nah just second cousin, the cousin's children would be second cousin once removed.

You're both wrong.

She would be your Aunt.

You're really wrong.

Your parents' cousins are your first cousins, once removed. Removed refers to generation differences. So, your grandparents' first cousins would be your first cousins, twice removed. First/second/third/etc. has to do with your most recent common ancestor (to keep it simple). You and your first cousins have the same grandparents, you and your second cousins share great-grandparents, etc. Of course, all of this goes out the window if you live in a trailer park.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Does anybody know of any good German bands?

I know of Rammstein and Tokio Hotel atm.