• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
This is more of a question about the site itself, so I'm not sure if this is the right place, but why do posts get deleted? I'm pretty sure that only a few days ago I had 3000+ posts.

Almost everyone's post count went down a few days ago. I'm assuming that one of the more popular subforums or stickied threads was changed to "posts do not count towards postcount". No idea which one it was, though.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
This is more of a question about the site itself, so I'm not sure if this is the right place, but why do posts get deleted? I'm pretty sure that only a few days ago I had 3000+ posts.

It really depends on the place where the Posts are. If an Thread Creator or A Mod (or higher) deletes a thread, all your posts in that Thread are deleted. If your post are deleted you usually get a Infraction with it. In some cases, a thread where you post gets moved to a Subforum where post count doesn't count anymore.

I'd personally suggest you don't worry about Post counts. Plus there isn't any "new" stuff you can unlock. I know that two of the more recent Mods RN and Hydros have High Posts counts, but the number isn't what we're looking at.

Aegon

The same happened to me. I lost almost eighty posts.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Is there anyway to make a personal hotspot hosted by an iphone support the 3ds' wifi settings?

Moneyy

INACTIVE
It really depends on the place where the Posts are. If an Thread Creator or A Mod (or higher) deletes a thread, all your posts in that Thread are deleted. If your post are deleted you usually get a Infraction with it. In some cases, a thread where you post gets moved to a Subforum where post count doesn't count anymore.

I'd personally suggest you don't worry about Post counts. Plus there isn't any "new" stuff you can unlock. I know that two of the more recent Mods RN and Hydros have High Posts counts, but the number isn't what we're looking at.

All right, thanks. I usually don't pay much attention to post count, but minus eighty posts was surprising.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
All right, thanks. I usually don't pay much attention to post count, but minus eighty posts was surprising.

Actually, I discovered since I posted that there was a "hickup" in a "hidden" Competitive section that still counted, and many posts were lost, and Apparently are now restored, I'd rather not say much more, as most of this was "out of my section."

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
I'm looking for the name of a book, Th book was about a kid who got blown up, but instead of dying he get's transported into another dimension, later on he meets a girl who got blown up in a chemistry lab accident in the same town he used to live in.

Myrrh

How come the light bulb in my refrigerator is warm? Shouldn't it be at least cold-ish like everything else inside?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
How come the light bulb in my refrigerator is warm? Shouldn't it be at least cold-ish like everything else inside?

Because the light runs on electricity and electricity produces heat. It should be warmer close to where the coils are and colder where the top of the lightbulb is, because the electricity is centralized in the coils.

Myrrh

Because the light runs on electricity and electricity produces heat. It should be warmer close to where the coils are and colder where the top of the lightbulb is, because the electricity is centralized in the coils.

Okay, I was gonna ask how it could be so warm when the light is off like 90% of the time, but I tested for myself that the bulb warms up pretty quickly upon opening the refrigerator door. I figured it wouldn't produce so much heat. Thanks.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Can people who are born mute be 'cured' through medical procedures and actually gain the ability to speak? I had been reading a story earlier with a character being born mute, so I was just wondering.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
So, one of my teachers at school suggested I look at courses in the USA for university, just to see if there was anything that caught my fancy. Here (England), we have a website where you can search for courses and it will come up with all the UK universities that offer them. I was just wondering if there was a similar website for courses in the USA? Thanks :)

kabzy

Grass Trainer
Can people who are born mute be 'cured' through medical procedures and actually gain the ability to speak? I had been reading a story earlier with a character being born mute, so I was just wondering.

This speech disorder does have a few variations, so you may want to be more specific. They could be suffering from 'Selective Mutism', which makes the person unable to speak in certain situations due to an anxiety disorder. Or they could have been born with issues relating to the parts of the human body that are required for speech. As far as I know, Selective Mutism could be treated in a similar fashion to treating any mental illnesses, however I'm not sure if they've got a cure for those born with damaged vocal parts.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Once again I'm after a new private-server of MU Online to start playing.
In most if not all the lists of private servers which I encouter, there are rows of INs and OUTs. What do they mean? Does anybody know? I understand that the lower the server is rated, these numbers are also low. but what exactly do they mean?

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Is there a cheap and simple app I can install on my iPod Touch to enable the sending and receiving of text messages? I'm in the UK, if it matters.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is there a cheap and simple app I can install on my iPod Touch to enable the sending and receiving of text messages? I'm in the UK, if it matters.

We're talking SMS Messages, right? As far I can tell, there are few but they can be expensive. Normally, You need a SIM card and a Mobile phone to Send and Receive Messages. You may be able to get apps that connect to a iPhone and use that phone SMS funtions.

As for just being able to send Text messages of some sort. I believe built in Messenger works well. Many other Free apps work well for sending Messages to other people on their service. Facebook and Skype are just two common ones.

Skype is the most commonly used app that can send receive SMS messages, but most people use the Free Skype to Skype Messages or Skype to Facebook. However, the SMS functions are more likey will cost more than a cheap Mobile and a Pay as you go sim. (From Tesco a Phone £9.00 +£10 credit. At least 100 messages, at the rate of 10p Per SMS message. The Last SMS I send was to get a Free Cinema Ticket)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So, one of my teachers at school suggested I look at courses in the USA for university, just to see if there was anything that caught my fancy. Here (England), we have a website where you can search for courses and it will come up with all the UK universities that offer them. I was just wondering if there was a similar website for courses in the USA? Thanks :)

I live in the USA and as far as I know, we don't have a website like that. I was certainly never told about one when I was in high school or college. I also did a quick Google search just now and nothing like that came up for me.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided

My sister texts her friends with an app called Kik. It's basically the same thing as texting but you need to have wifi available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
This speech disorder does have a few variations, so you may want to be more specific. They could be suffering from 'Selective Mutism', which makes the person unable to speak in certain situations due to an anxiety disorder. Or they could have been born with issues relating to the parts of the human body that are required for speech. As far as I know, Selective Mutism could be treated in a similar fashion to treating any mental illnesses, however I'm not sure if they've got a cure for those born with damaged vocal parts.

I see...that's what I thought. Thank you. :D

So...I have another question. My choir teacher wants me to sing a solo of 'A dream is what your heart makes', a cinderalla song, but I have a different version. The song starts with 'When I was a little girl'...I can't find a video of it anywhere either. Can anyone else? I'm getting really frustrated, especially since my teacher expects me to learn it all on my own. -_- His motto is, "I don't practice solos, I rehearse them with my students..." How the heck does that help? It doesn't help that he's intimidating as hell too, with a possible bipolar disorder to boot. Thoughts?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I see...that's what I thought. Thank you. :D

So...I have another question. My choir teacher wants me to sing a solo of 'A dream is what your heart makes', a cinderalla song, but I have a different version. The song starts with 'When I was a little girl'...I can't find a video of it anywhere either. Can anyone else? I'm getting really frustrated, especially since my teacher expects me to learn it all on my own. -_- His motto is, "I don't practice solos, I rehearse them with my students..." How the heck does that help? It doesn't help that he's intimidating as hell too, with a possible bipolar disorder to boot. Thoughts?

I don't know any versions of "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" that have "When I was a little girl" in them. However, I DO know one song that starts with "When I was just a little girl". It's called "Qué Será Será" by Doris Day. You can find a YouTube video of it here. Personally, I prefer the Pink Martini version, which you can see a video of here.

These are two different songs, however - "Qué Será Será" and "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" are not the same thing. You might want to make sure that you have the right songs for your class before you learn the wrong one.