• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Questions Thread: ask things, get answers maybe

My random questions...
1) Who is PewdiePie? I know he's a youtuber, but I have no idea why this dude is popular since I know nothing about him.
2) Any track and field athletes on here, how do you increase your long/triple jump length?
3) And lastly, why are things like VGC tournaments in doubles matches?
-If i'm not mistaken, Pewdiepie is still the most subscribed person on youtube at the present time. He's popular because of his Let's play videos. I'm not really a fan myself, but i've watched most of his videos and he holds a pretty good relationship not only with his fans but people outside Youtube as well for his charity work ( i think he does a lot of charity with St. Jude)
- No idea. My specialty was the discus.
- I think because compared to singles and triples, doubles are the most fast-paced of game types and there's less potential to stall out.

Keysmash

buys meat
My random questions...
1) Who is PewdiePie? I know he's a youtuber, but I have no idea why this dude is popular since I know nothing about him.
2) Any track and field athletes on here, how do you increase your long/triple jump length?
3) And lastly, why are things like VGC tournaments in doubles matches?

Since the other questions have been answered, I guess I'll try for the second. Not exactly a track and field superstar, but I've been told a few basic tips, which I'm preettty sure you would know if you do track and field. For long jump, you're supposed to count your steps so that you jump perfectly off of the board. I'm pretty sure this also depends on whether or not your strides are equal/even. You also need to run very fast, by slowly building up from the starting position. I know some people who do a little hop at the beginning to gather momentum, or something like that. Long strides are good, but not so long that you slow down. When you jump, you're supposed to look straight ahead, not at the board, because apparently this makes you go faster. When you jump, you're supposed to try and jump high instead of far, and tuck your knees in. The momentum will carry you through. Land without injuring yourself, preferably on both feet (if you're landing on your feet-- I can't remember what part of your body you're supposed to land on-- some people land on their rear ends, but I'm not sure about the efficiency of that method). Something like that. :p

As for triple jump, I've no idea.

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
Thanks to all for advice. I always wondered why they used doubles instead of singles in VGC...

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
What is the sensation called, when you eat food too quickly and you kind of get discomfort in your chest which gets worse if you carry on eating? I always get it when I eat too fast (particularly cake), and I know it's common, but I've never known what it's actually called. I don't think it's heartburn or anything, since it's not really painful, and indigestion is something different, as far as I'm aware... anyone know?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
See, I got this picture of mine on facebook [which I haven't uploaded myself. I was tagged in it by a friend]. but while I'm browsing my photos through tinder I can't find it. Does anyone know why?

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I know it's abandonment if someone dumps a dog off on the side of the road. But what if the dog was dumped onto another person? So recently my dad went out of town to his other home four hours away from me. But he left his two dogs at the house without asking for me to watch them. They are two toy breeds. I don't want anything to do with them. Every time I try to coax them out of a space they try to bite me. I am at my wits end with trying to deal with them. There is also nobody else here to watch them either. I have to watch them or else they will starve. Is this type of thing illegal? (I am in the US btw). He also knows I want nothing to do with these dogs.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I know it's abandonment if someone dumps a dog off on the side of the road. But what if the dog was dumped onto another person? So recently my dad went out of town to his other home four hours away from me. But he left his two dogs at the house without asking for me to watch them. They are two toy breeds. I don't want anything to do with them. Every time I try to coax them out of a space they try to bite me. I am at my wits end with trying to deal with them. There is also nobody else here to watch them either. I have to watch them or else they will starve. Is this type of thing illegal? (I am in the US btw). He also knows I want nothing to do with these dogs.

Is he coming back? If he left the dogs in your care and you agreed to take care of them, then there's nothing you can do about it. You entered into a verbal contract.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Is he coming back? If he left the dogs in your care and you agreed to take care of them, then there's nothing you can do about it. You entered into a verbal contract.

No, I did not agree to watch them. I woke up one morning and found that they were locked in one of his rooms after he left in the night. I imagine he assumed that I would check on them, and I did just in case he did leave them. He also did not inform me of when he would return.

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!
Uh, I guess this is the right place to post...

What does Sppf stand for?

Thanks

Kreis

Still Dirrty
If I remember correctly, it used to stand for Serebii's Pokemon Palace Forums or something. Joe says the P's are now silent though. :p

Edit: beaten & corrected.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Any good female cat names ??

Making a cat team now?

Schrodinger
Duchess (from Aristocats)
any of the female characters in Cats
Kirara (from InuYasha)
Sassy (from Homeward Bound)

Making a cat team now?

Schrodinger
Duchess (from Aristocats)
any of the female characters in Cats
Kirara (from InuYasha)
Sassy (from Homeward Bound)

Haha you know me so well :) This time it's a rescue cat. She was the Animal Hospitals cat for 1.5 years and was going to be put down. She scared so easy they couldn't find home and started peeing everywhere. Which was a UTI they let go because she was on the schedule to be put down. So we are treating her UTI with Clavamox right now. And her food. She doesnt like the 15 mls we have to drop down her throat but she loves her new home. That's the only reason I'm up right now is because she was so playful after I put the drops away lol. 5 y.o.

I have a like for Z names. I'm thinking Zero since she was on her last day. Idk tho I'm lost never thought I would own a cat lol.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Haha you know me so well :) This time it's a rescue cat. She was the Animal Hospitals cat for 1.5 years and was going to be put down. She scared so easy they couldn't find home and started peeing everywhere. Which was a UTI they let go because she was on the schedule to be put down. So we are treating her UTI with Clavamox right now. And her food. She doesnt like the 15 mls we have to drop down her throat but she loves her new home. That's the only reason I'm up right now is because she was so playful after I put the drops away lol. 5 y.o.

I have a like for Z names. I'm thinking Zero since she was on her last day. Idk tho I'm lost never thought I would own a cat lol.

I think "Zero" is the perfect name for her, considering her story. Good luck with her; first a bird, and now a cat!

Keysmash

buys meat
Does anyone know if batteries can grow mold? I was just sitting on the sofa, and there was a battery from when I changed the TV remote a few days ago. I noticed something weird, and looked closer: it had some kind of bubbly white/green stuff on one of the ends. Does anyone know why this happened? (I threw it away promptly, thank god)

Spookz

Lumos
Does anyone know if batteries can grow mold? I was just sitting on the sofa, and there was a battery from when I changed the TV remote a few days ago. I noticed something weird, and looked closer: it had some kind of bubbly white/green stuff on one of the ends. Does anyone know why this happened? (I threw it away promptly, thank god)
That's no mold, that's called corrosion. Old batteries sometimes leak the acid within them and this creates the white/green substance.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Pardon my science. It's like copper turning green, right? right...?

Thanks for the answer.

It's a very similar reaction. The contacts on a battery are made of Zinc and Manganese dioxide, and inside the battery, there is a potassium hydroxide solution. When batteries are used, the anode and cathode slowly get weaker, and hydrogen gas builds up inside them, creating pressure. if you leave a used battery out for a long time, the potassium hydroxide then leaks out of the weakened contacts and reacts with the carbon dioxide in the air, producing potassium carbonate, which is the white fluff.

Copper turns green when it reacts with water and the Carbon dioxide and oxygen in the air and becomes Copper (II) carbonate.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
whats an easy way to lose weight? im 13 so I think i can still lose a good amount of weight in a month (thats when I go back to school)