• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rain Hath Cometh

Usatoday

Eternal God
So I've been trying to base a team around a unique swampert a scarf set.

Team Preview
534.gif
135.gif
260.gif
196.gif
186.gif
437.gif

437.gif

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 160 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Now we have bronzong my personally favorite check or sometimes even counter to tornadus therian gengar alakazam and most dragons as it can sponge any two hits from any bar a earthquake from haxorus but thats a rare pokemon to see in OU nowadays. The attack evs allow bronzong to always ohko specially defensive heatran with earthquake after stealth rocks damage earthquake also serves as a useful tool to help buffer the toxicroaks and jolteons running around. Stealth rocks should be eminent as it allows bronzong to combat bronzong as multiscale will be broken and pretty much destroy sun teams especially volcarona. Gyro ball will allows me to hit dragons such as latias and latios hard as well as have something to hit terrakion with and hidden power ice will allow bronzong to deal with gliscor and salamence with the snap of a finger. Bronzong also helps this team deal with mamoswine with levitate and resisting ice.

260.gif

Swampert (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
Say hello to the pokemon this team is based around and with a choice scarf it becomes something to be feared. With a scarf it hits 360 speed allow it to outspeed base 111's that run a positive nature. Waterfall gets a handy stab and the bonus to potentially flinch it also allows swampert to deal with infernape terrakion and dugtrio. Earthquake is the secondary stab move that allows swampert to net surprise ko's on ninetales infernape heatran and jolteon and the occasional electivire. Superpower allows swampert to ohko tyranitar and to hit lucario and hydreigon for some nice super effective damage. Ice punch is the last slot there for dealing with the grass types that swampert typically can't touch but the scarf changes that it now is able to hit lilligant venusaur celebi and dragonite and salamence. Overall one of the most unexpected sets of swamperts and one of a kind.

186.gif

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
Now I found with all the sand and sun teams running around i would want something to buffer against these said teams so I decided to use rain. Now bronzong and swampert both love the rain as it negates super effective damage and gives a more power hit to its stab. Scald is the primary move on politoed and has the potential to burn pokemon such as dragonite jirachi haxorus hippowdon and the occasional ferrothorn. Ice beam allows politoed to counter haxorus dragonite latios and salamence as well as hit gastrodon and bulky grasses. Protect enables politoed to gain essential leftovers recovery and scout pokemon such as terrakion heatran and latios. Finally we have perish song which will enable politoed to combat gyarados and toxicroak and not to mention some versions of tyranitar such as subpunch and dragon dance tyranitar.

135.gif

Jolteon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SAtk / 184 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Say hello to jolteon one of the original one hundred and fifty one pokemon. Now while jolteon may still be OU it is often preferred to use a thundurus therian or rotom wash. Now the spread while it may seem weird that I run effort values in health and not as much in special attack however this jolteon was specially made to help swampert counter thundurus therian as it takes only about 30% from a hidden power ice and it will allow jolteon to sponge just about anything from thundurus and two hit ko any version of offensive thundurus. The speed effort values allow jolteon to outspeed tornadus therian while the rest are dumped into special attack. Now because espeon has the five move syndrome I chose to use a jolteon over thundurus just so I could run heal bell. Now upon discovering jolteon go heal bell i decided to try a bulky one to help pass wishes politoed and bronzong with additional wish support from espeon. Now jolteon brings wish passing to a whole new level as jolteon can set up the wish and the pass it via volt switch while also being able to get the switch initiative.

196.gif

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect
Now say hello to this adorable little kitten that will annoy the crap out of any wall for days. Now this is a set that I initially came across when laddering on the pokemon online server the set was used very well and annoyed me to hell. The key of the set is to baton pass a wish or a sub to one of the pokemons teammates in this case passing a sub to politoed swampert or conkeldurr. Now protect substitute and wish combined together allow espeon to stall for nearly 32 turns on nearly any special attacker bar gengar or hydreigon. Baton pass also allows for scouting as i can come in on a specially defensive tran bounce back stealth rocks or toxic and baton pass to get the advantage. Finally baton pass will allow espeon to avoid pursuit trapping and potentially pass the wish into conkeldurr. Wish protect or wish substitute will allow espeon to slowly but surely gain its health back. Finally protect will allow espeon to scout the opponent if they are choiced.

534.gif

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
Now i found i had nothing to really combat chansey/blissey so i decided to have a status absorber incase espeon is down and have a fighting type all in one. Mach punch is a stab move that nicely gets a nice priority when dealing with lucario and cloyster while drain punch is a little better when it comes to power and allows conkeldurr to get recovery and hit tyranitar which the evs help outspeed a no speed ev's tyranitar while still having over 400 hp. Payback allows conkeldurr to hit jellicent and gengar finally we have ice punch which will allow conkeldurr to hit gliscor and dragon types.

Logs
Battle 1
Battle 2
Bronzong @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Jolteon (F) @ Leftovers
- Volt Switch
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect

- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
So ther eyou have it there's the team overall i really have trouble with bulky waters and am considering a toxic stalling gliscor over conkeldurr what are your opinions on this​

Skarm™

Light It Up
So I've been trying to base a team around a unique swampert a scarf set.

Team Preview
534.gif
135.gif
260.gif
196.gif
186.gif
437.gif

437.gif

Bronzong @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Now we have bronzong my personally favorite check or sometimes even counter to tornadus therian gengar alakazam and most dragons as it can sponge any two hits from any bar a earthquake from haxorus but thats a rare pokemon to see in OU nowadays. The attack evs allow bronzong to always ohko specially defensive heatran with earthquake after stealth rocks damage earthquake also serves as a useful tool to help buffer the toxicroaks and jolteons running around. Stealth rocks should be eminent as it allows bronzong to combat bronzong as multiscale will be broken and pretty much destroy sun teams especially volcarona. Gyro ball will allows me to hit dragons such as latias and latios hard as well as have something to hit terrakion with and hidden power ice will allow bronzong to deal with gliscor and salamence with the snap of a finger. Bronzong also helps this team deal with mamoswine with levitate and resisting ice.

260.gif

- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
Say hello to the pokemon this team is based around and with a choice scarf it becomes something to be feared. With a scarf it hits 360 speed allow it to outspeed base 111's that run a positive nature. Waterfall gets a handy stab and the bonus to potentially flinch it also allows swampert to deal with infernape terrakion and dugtrio. Earthquake is the secondary stab move that allows swampert to net surprise ko's on ninetales infernape heatran and jolteon and the occasional electivire. Superpower allows swampert to ohko tyranitar and to hit lucario and hydreigon for some nice super effective damage. Ice punch is the last slot there for dealing with the grass types that swampert typically can't touch but the scarf changes that it now is able to hit lilligant venusaur celebi and dragonite and salamence. Overall one of the most unexpected sets of swamperts and one of a kind.

186.gif

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
Now I found with all the sand and sun teams running around i would want something to buffer against these said teams so I decided to use rain. Now bronzong and swampert both love the rain as it negates super effective damage and gives a more power hit to its stab. Scald is the primary move on politoed and has the potential to burn pokemon such as dragonite jirachi haxorus hippowdon and the occasional ferrothorn. Ice beam allows politoed to counter haxorus dragonite latios and salamence as well as hit gastrodon and bulky grasses. Protect enables politoed to gain essential leftovers recovery and scout pokemon such as terrakion heatran and latios. Finally we have perish song which will enable politoed to combat gyarados and toxicroak and not to mention some versions of tyranitar such as subpunch and dragon dance tyranitar.

I really don't reccomend Protect for Politoed. Not really Perish Song either. I suggest a Politoed like this:

Politoed @ Leftovers
Timid/Modest
252 HP, 252 SpA/Spe, 4 SpA/Spe
Hydro Pump/Surf
Ice Beam
Encore
Toxic

If you want it faster use timid w/ 252 Spe, if you want a special attacker(i use this one) do modest w/ 252 SpA. I use encore for stuff like volcarona to lock it onto a quiver dance, then hydro pump it or toxic the switchin.

135.gif

Jolteon (F) @ Leftovers
- Volt Switch
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Say hello to jolteon one of the original one hundred and fifty one pokemon. Now while jolteon may still be OU it is often preferred to use a thundurus therian or rotom wash. Now the spread while it may seem weird that I run effort values in health and not as much in special attack however this jolteon was specially made to help swampert counter thundurus therian as it takes only about 30% from a hidden power ice and it will allow jolteon to sponge just about anything from thundurus and two hit ko any version of offensive thundurus. The speed effort values allow jolteon to outspeed tornadus therian while the rest are dumped into special attack. Now because espeon has the five move syndrome I chose to use a jolteon over thundurus just so I could run heal bell. Now upon discovering jolteon go heal bell i decided to try a bulky one to help pass wishes politoed and bronzong with additional wish support from espeon. Now jolteon brings wish passing to a whole new level as jolteon can set up the wish and the pass it via volt switch while also being able to get the switch initiative.

196.gif

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect
Now say hello to this adorable little kitten that will annoy the crap out of any wall for days. Now this is a set that I initially came across when laddering on the pokemon online server the set was used very well and annoyed me to hell. The key of the set is to baton pass a wish or a sub to one of the pokemons teammates in this case passing a sub to politoed swampert or conkeldurr. Now protect substitute and wish combined together allow espeon to stall for nearly 32 turns on nearly any special attacker bar gengar or hydreigon. Baton pass also allows for scouting as i can come in on a specially defensive tran bounce back stealth rocks or toxic and baton pass to get the advantage. Finally baton pass will allow espeon to avoid pursuit trapping and potentially pass the wish into conkeldurr. Wish protect or wish substitute will allow espeon to slowly but surely gain its health back. Finally protect will allow espeon to scout the opponent if they are choiced.

534.gif

- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
Now i found i had nothing to really combat chansey/blissey so i decided to have a status absorber incase espeon is down and have a fighting type all in one. Mach punch is a stab move that nicely gets a nice priority when dealing with lucario and cloyster while drain punch is a little better when it comes to power and allows conkeldurr to get recovery and hit tyranitar which the evs help outspeed a no speed ev's tyranitar while still having over 400 hp. Payback allows conkeldurr to hit jellicent and gengar finally we have ice punch which will allow conkeldurr to hit gliscor and dragon types.

Logs
Battle 1
Battle 2
Bronzong @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Jolteon (F) @ Leftovers
- Volt Switch
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect

- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
So ther eyou have it there's the team overall i really have trouble with bulky waters and am considering a toxic stalling gliscor over conkeldurr what are your opinions on this​

Changes in bold

Kievs

I'm not sure I see the point of having two different Wish-passers. I think Jolteon would suit your team much better if he was more of the traditional Special Sweeper set. Also, he would aid greatly against those bulky Waters that you said you're having trouble with if he could hit harder with more Sp.Att EVs.

Apart from that, I like the balance of the team, only having one double weakness, and it's to Grass, a relatively uncommon attacking type nowadays. Another nitpick tho, I would suggest Flame Orb instead of Leftovers on Conk. I know you like his bulk, but Drain Punch will restore any HP lost from Flame Orb and then some. That way he can hit considerably harder from the start, and you can still switch him in to absorb status. Also, depending on the situation, because Drain Punch will be boosted 50%, the HP you restore will also be up 50%, so really you could be getting more HP back with Flame Orb than Leftovers if you think of it in that way.

Usatoday

Eternal God
I'm not sure I see the point of having two different Wish-passers. I think Jolteon would suit your team much better if he was more of the traditional Special Sweeper set. Also, he would aid greatly against those bulky Waters that you said you're having trouble with if he could hit harder with more Sp.Att EVs.

Apart from that, I like the balance of the team, only having one double weakness, and it's to Grass, a relatively uncommon attacking type nowadays. Another nitpick tho, I would suggest Flame Orb instead of Leftovers on Conk. I know you like his bulk, but Drain Punch will restore any HP lost from Flame Orb and then some. That way he can hit considerably harder from the start, and you can still switch him in to absorb status. Also, depending on the situation, because Drain Punch will be boosted 50%, the HP you restore will also be up 50%, so really you could be getting more HP back with Flame Orb than Leftovers if you think of it in that way.
Actually the point of two wish passers is to have more oppertunities to pass a wish to one of my weakened pokemon as there's only so much espeon can come in on and flame orb for me is counter productive as its meant to be a status absorber and the lefties has better bulky as otherwise gliscor walls out conkeldurr and thank you for the rate one new person who actually knows what their talking about :) however i'll test them out anyways
Changes in bold
As you have seen the politoed is meant to be a bulky pokemon meant to deal with gyarados and toxicroak alike

Kievs

Actually the point of two wish passers is to have more oppertunities to pass a wish to one of my weakened pokemon as there's only so much espeon can come in on and flame orb for me is counter productive as its meant to be a status absorber and the lefties has better bulky as otherwise gliscor walls out conkeldurr and thank you for the rate one new person who actually knows what their talking about :) however i'll test them out anyways

As you have seen the politoed is meant to be a bulky pokemon meant to deal with gyarados and toxicroak alike

Thank you lol, I've actually been getting into competitive battling for a little while now, and just now decided to join this site. So while I'm new to the site, I'm not necessarily new to competitive battling.

But Conk can still "absorb status" with Flame Orb- he's immune to status, so it's really the same concept as what you're intending, by switching into Toxics and T-Waves. Except with Flame Orb activated, you also have the option of switching into Spores and/or Sleep Powder and be immune to them as well (and for that matter, random Freeze hax), whereas if you didn't have Flame Orb, they would render you useless.

Klaus™

Banned
from what i can see, nothing on your team can take a rain-boosted hydro pump. so, id like to suggest a seismitoed over swampert.

seismitoed @life orb
- water absorb -
modest
4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
- hydro pump
- grass knot
- earth power
- hp ice/electric/fighting

that set aughta do you good.

now, on poli, may i suggest the 3 attacks set? it hits just hard enough and can take hits like a pro:

politoed @leftovers
modest
252 hp/ 4 def/ 252 SpA
- hydro pump
- hp grass/focus blast
- ice beam
- encore

you'll really notice the difference in power, and it can still tank most hits like a boss.

jolteon has severely been outclassed by thunderus-t. yes, you lose wish passing, etc, but you gain a great SpA monster. im sure you can think of a great set.

a poison heal gliscor is good. but it leaves you vulnerable to a hail team stomping all over you. a scarf abomasnow tromps all over you bro. only resisted by bronzong. so id leave conkellderp for now. mach punch is really helpful, but you can also run a bulky sd scizor over that.

a ddnite is a very big threat. if it gets to +6/+6 you are in trouble ;) dont let it get to +6/+6. +5/+5 is fine though :p

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Sigh, restarting stinks, I had so much to say.

Anyways; grass types hurt ya, bad. You have only one poke to take a grass type move and I'm pretty sure it won't hit hard.

Politoed; a specs set with the right prediction can take on the whole lot down that you want gone. An expert belt set might as well. Maybe you could even try zoom lense or something

Jolteon; is not a bulky boy. Drop those support moves for sub and either thunder or baton pass. Sub passing will ease prediction for you and still support the team, while thunder will do huge amounts and not miss in the rain.

Espeon; should have at least one attacking move or toxic so you don't lose 1v1 against everything in the world. Imagine if your opponent is down to 1 hp and all you have is espeon; you will be mad.

Conk; I personally prefer bulk up sets as you can dump Ev's into hp and special defense, but you obviously enjoy the coverage to much for me to try to sway you. Just keep it in mind

Threats to the team;

Nasty plot celebi can set up on all of the following Pokemon;

Bronzing; celebi can get to +6 without a problem here
Swampert; if your on the wrong move same as above
Toed; Can set up a +2, but will have to watch out for perish song. After it has used a single nasty plot your done though.
Jolteon; celebi doesn't have a problem against.
Espeon; lol, it can set up here.
Conk; may be the hardest for it to set up on. I'll do calcs in a sec

Calcs for conk; he hits celebi for about 64-75%. Celebi hits back (at +2) and easily ko's. A celebi can sweep your entire team without a problem

After checking this out I believe that you should give jolteon signal beam and espeon toxic to combat this one weakness.

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
bump

10 Stupid Characters