• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rainbow & The Pokémon Master (1236)

Starswirl Pikachu

This phase of the journey ending felt a little sudden. They were not really doing anything this season anyway but still.

Whoa Tracey made the cut, I didn't think we were going to be seeing him anymore! Gary raises a good question to Ash and that is what does it mean to be a Pokemon Master? Ash has already reached the title of being one of the strongest Pokemon trainers around so then the question might become has Ash achieved the top of the mountain?

If the part about catching Pokemon is not included then technically Ash could qualify as a Master more than likely (he already showed enough skills even earlier than this probably) but who can say for sure?

Team Rockets appearance puts a huge highlight on something that has been missing for a long time, which is that sense of dramatic tension. It only lasted for a few moments but when Ash realized that he didnt bring any other Pokemon besides Pikachu (who had been captured) he was actually vulnerable and would need to figure out someway to overcome these adversaries. Thats the kind of Team Rocket that keeps the story moving through slow parts and keeps the hero (or heroes) alert to the danger that could be lurking out there.

Although moments later Ash and Pikachu are rescued by none other than Pidgeot! It took years of time passing in the real world and many seasons but Ash finally asked Pidgeot to rejoin his party. Well better late than never right?

If they gave Ash a proper start in a new region with maybe only a few of his team at the beginning then that might be worth watching. Even though the direction of the show seems to be headed in a different direction. (and it would probably be hard for the show makers to handle Ash being too powerful or well known, etc)

In a show of symbolism, Ash swaps out his pair of worn and beat up shoes for a new pair that have been waiting for him. He is ready for what comes next but how much of that will we get to see?

Spyro39

Yeah, but it took Gary a LONG time(?) to really ask what the hell the title meant to Ash.
Because Gary knows Ash trying to win a League was his initial goal until he achieved it in Alola, then one-upped himself by winning the PWC.

So Gary, knowing Ash has been left unsure with what to do next with his career as a trainer, asked him the question after he became World Champion.

Last edited:

TheCrazyMaster

Well, one year ago today, Ash Ketchum left the Pokemon anime as the main protagonist. It's still crazy to think that a character who has been the face of the Anime since almost a year before I was born. If memory serves me right, I believe the first episode of the Pokemon anime that I ever watched was Ash's rematch against Roark. I know that I also saw part of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew on TV when I was a kid, but I don't remember if that was before or after, as I don't know if that movie re-aired during DP.

It's still Crazy to think that I went from watching DP as a before I went to school all the way to waiting to watch each episode come out online as an adult. Me, and so many others got to watch him grow, regress, make new friends, meet old ones whether they were people or Pokemon, take on world ending threats and work towards becoming the very best, like no one ever was. The end of Ash Ketchum's time in the anime was truly the end of a pretty decent portion of a lot of peoples lives. It's because of this that when the new anime was announced, I decided that I wouldn't watch it, as I wanted to end my anime journey on a high note. But now I've decided that I'll wait until horizons is over, and if the final review of it by the audience by the fandom is good enough, I'll give it a shot.

So to that I say, to the spirit of Ash Ketchum, who lives on in our hearts....
Best wishes, and to our own way!