• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rainbow & The Pokémon Master (1236)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
You can really tell they pulled this out of their ass last minute lol.

His hyper obsession on battling and winning leagues really plays little to no role in his so called dream. I get that battling is one if the way ash communicates, but still what’s the point of chasing for victory and saying it’s a step towards becoming a pokemon master when just randomly going around looking for pokemon would give him more progress towards his goal?

It’s an expected cheap answer to what a pokemon master is, but for me it just leaves a sour taste since it makes a good chunk of this 25 years feel pointless.
Let's be honest, between each gym there was N episodes of Ash befriending pokémon and their trainers
And these episodes were a good chunk of the series too

Finally it's over. Hopefully the next series doesn't continue the bad habits of the post DP Ash anime series (as well as the cookie cutter filler plot like episodes with a villain like the "comedic" Team Rocket that's been happening since Johto.) This anime has been a huge disappointment ever since DP ended. Good riddance to bad rubbish, sorry not sorry.
Also I definitely would have preferred the coma dream theory ending over this, at least it's interesting.
TR was quite enjoyable in the original. The dub failed them. Jessie's voice alone was worth it.

Pteranodonte

I interpreted it that Pidgeot returned to protect it's flock. As that flock became it's new family and not Ash. Similar to Ash's Butterfree and Pink Butterfree. I could easily be wrong however.
The flock encouraged Pidgeot to go with Ash since they got stronger, Ash asked if Pidgeot wanted and he agreed, so now he is an official Ash's mon again.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
His hyper obsession on battling and winning leagues really plays little to no role in his so called dream. I get that battling is one if the way ash communicates, but still what’s the point of chasing for victory and saying it’s a step towards becoming a pokemon master when just randomly going around looking for pokemon would give him more progress towards his goal?
Well they'll just come up with "battling strengthens the bond blah blah blah" to justify it .

Risrhayne

….this was honestly kinda bad. It felt less like a farewell and more like they finished stalling for time, even bookending with the twig deciding which direction Ash should go in. Tracey was honestly the best part.

If you were living under a rock, you’d think Ash would be back next month with a shiny new anime, that was such a whisper of a finale.

I have little sentimental feelings towards Ash, his whole archetype became dated and he should’ve been allowed to age to combat that datedness, but I WILL miss his companions because they were always the ones who had to grow each season while Ash was allowed to stay the same. I’ll miss THEIR journeys, which might be why Tracey was the best part here because we haven’t actively seen him in decades.

Onto the next Pikachu..

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
There were so many missed opportunities between JN and MPM. However, that's the anime in a nutshell. Hundreds and hundreds of recycled plotlines of POTD/COTD with Team Rocket blasting off again. Blatant marketing galore. The slowest progression of an anime protagonist ever. Surface-level depth except for a few moments here and there. Even the answer to the so-called Pokemon Master concept was less than satisfying.

Many people outgrew the show, but some of us have stayed for a long time, if not the entire 26 year span.

Why? Because at the end of the day....the show was fun. It was comfy. It was enjoyable. That's the whole point.

I wasn't pleased with how JN and MPM turned out. I still believe that Ash's story should have ended in a PWC-arc after DP, or after becoming the Champion of Alola in SM. Yet deep down, this show has brought me some joy. Even when I had great trials, either in my personal life or the path to becoming a physician, the weekly Pokemon episode was a constant that I could always look forward to watching.

Akashin

Let's be honest, between each gym there was N episodes of Ash befriending pokémon and their trainers
And these episodes were a good chunk of the series too
Well yes, but that’s not the issue. The issue is that winning a regional league, becoming a Champion, winning the PWC… it was all supposed to be ‘one step toward becoming a Pokémon Master’. The implication is that whatever a Pokémon Master is, it’s someone who is the strongest, and more still.

Instead, what we got basically amounts to saying that the real journey was the filler episodes, and the gyms/leagues/PWC were the real filler of his goal. They retroactively have little to do with his goal.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
It's not supposed to be an ending. There is no way in hell we do not see Satoshi again someday. The point of the series and the final episode was the state that life goes on and just because we're parting now it doesn't mean we won't see each on our future journies.

Satoshi isn't going to stop moving forward and neither should we.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Well I came into this hoping to feel something, and the nostalgic OST and the Pidgeot segment did indeed fulfill that hope to a slight degree I suppose? Otherwise I have to say it was a bit of an underwhelming episode/conclusion. I guess that ends that particular chapter.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Well yes, but that’s not the issue. The issue is that winning a regional league, becoming a Champion, winning the PWC… it was all supposed to be ‘one step toward becoming a Pokémon Master’. The implication is that whatever a Pokémon Master is, it’s someone who is the strongest, and more still.

Instead, what we got basically amounts to saying that the real journey was the filler episodes, and the gyms/leagues/PWC were the real filler of his goal. They retroactively have little to do with his goal.

I just don’t think this is true at all. The point is that strength isn’t just about some metric like how many battles you win. That’s not to say those aren’t important, but this is way deeper than thinking being a Master is when nobody in the world can beat you. Every step you take in the world pushes you toward the best version of yourself you can be. That is what Ash’s realization really comes down to.

Satokishi

Ash really don't need to catch more pokemon. Goh has to figure out how he gonna feed 1000 pokemon. Good luck with the money lol
Ash befriending make sense cause you don't have to take care of their food expense.
Ash gonna go save pokemon from hunters. Its kinda gonna set that up for Ash. I really want Ash vs evil organzation.

I'm not that sad through. Seeing the next time on the screen give a bit hope he will be back. Dragon ball z came back. Ash will be back. If the new series dont s*ck. He will might comeback early. lol