• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rainbow & The Pokémon Master (1236)

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Instead, what we got basically amounts to saying that the real journey was the filler episodes, and the gyms/leagues/PWC were the real filler of his goal. They retroactively have little to do with his goal.
did you really expect this show not to end on "the journey was more important than the destination" and "always keep aspiring" thematic messages to its audience of kids?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Next Time... A New Beginning :(

That was a nice, quiet end to the series. I'm at peace knowing Team Rocket will be chasing Ash and Pikachu for an eternity. Seeing Pidgeot after all this time feels like getting the 2nd region to explore in a game.

In fact, I doubt pokegirlfan and bloodred will make it out of this thread alive, observer just left pokegirl badly injured xD

Akashin

did you really expect this show not to end on "the journey was more important than the destination" and "always keep aspiring" thematic messages to its audience of kids?
Not in the least. I did, however, expect that the tangible goals he has been chasing for 25 years would form a part of his overall goal, which no longer seems to be the case.

Dragonsoldier summed it up perfectly. That Ash uses battling to bond with and befriend Pokémon is all well and fine, but battling was never just a vehicle to do that to him. So for his goal to be completely divorced from the battling aspect of his journey is… an unusual decision, at best.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Team Rocket will be chasing Ash and Pikachu for an eternity.
Kinda sad ngl. Was hopin they took the butch and cassidy route. Or they tagged along with Ash’s adventures but they are no longer affiliated with TR (but they still want the Pikachu lol) or something.

I'm glad you can finally take that ten foot pole out of your butt now, you know a foot for each year, or you can leave it up there I don't want to kink shame anyone right now. For the record I want you to know that you have some projection issues, like someone accusing their spouse of infidelity when in reality they're the ones who are cheating, well for your sake be prepared for what's going to come next because even though we're getting new characters doesn't mean that everything will change oh no because here's something that be with the anime forever

lucariotwo_by_pembroke_d9bb61y-350t.jpg

So yes, no matter who has one Lucario will always be here. Deal with it you hateful sucker, now run along and hide because I know you won't reply back when being called out. sorry not sorry :cool:

Alright now that I'm done with my little rant with Pokekaren, I just want to say that the episode was decent and props for going with Type Wild. This was the song that was playing when Ash won his second league, Orange League will always be his first major win no matter what other people might say.

As for the ending, well I think this sums it up for me.

Take care Ash, it was a hell of a ride and I don't regret a single moment of it.
Ignition will be in the new anime with his best friend Lucario

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
So for his goal to be completely divorced from the battling aspect of his journey is… an unusual decision, at best.
is it really though? If you watch the end of the OS and the transition to Hoenn or the end of AG -> DP, he always wanted to keep traveling and exploring and whatever.

I'm not justifying the writing, but what I think they were going for. I think the (ham-fisted) message of the 11 episodes were to show different aspects of mastery. The prior episode included battling with and alongside legendary Pokemon.

If Ash's story had ended earlier, we probably would've gotten something along the same lines. DP or OS or whatever probably would've executed it a lot better though.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
I assume from this point on Ash will probably just keep rotating his party alongside Pikachu like he has done the past 11 episodes, so it's possible he did take Pidgeot with him in the end - it's not like has he has to lead a new series anymore.