• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rainbow & The Pokémon Master (1236)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So I watched the final episode and have been silently watching these last episodes of Ash's run to see if I had any emotion left from this old series. Turns out not much. Watching this show end with still no real meaning of what a Pokemon Master is does not surprise me. They clearly didn't know themselves. As for the sendoff of Ash, to be honest was there anyway to truly send off a character who has been around for 20+ years that would satisfy all the different generations? I feel bad for anyone wanting to see the dreams of May, Dawn, Serena, Clemont, and crew reach a conclusion. At least Tracey got a win I guess, Venomoth yay...

For me the thing that made emotional was actually Team Rocket. Not because they had a great sendoff or anything. But because they are going to continue to follow a 10 year old boy and his Pikachu around for the rest of their lives instead of actually doing something truly meaningful with their lives. They got a better sendoff in the "Electric Tale of Pikachu" manga for crying out loud. Those poor guys living a eternal Hell of chasing something they'll never get. That actually made me sad. I guess no Giovanni.

Return of Pidgeot, better late then never I guess. By that point I didn't care. But this just highlights a problem. Why not use the last remaining episodes to finish off the stories other generation fans had attachments to the series. I honestly didn't care about the Latios/Latias arc they had going on. Give me May and Dawn's final contests or what happens with Serena's goal, Max and Bonnie getting their first Pokemon. Give Ash's regional teams some final moments together as a team/family of Pokemon. I don't even like Ash that much anymore and even I thought this was lacking for a story that has been forced to continue long after it should have ended, but again how do you do this with a 20+ year plot that left several arcs open ended? Maybe a movie I guess?

I'm ready for the new Pokemon series and I hope they've learned from this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Liko and Roy get a better sendoff then Ash because they likely won't keep them for as long and so their ends will be better planned...hopefully if they learned from this mess. So for now I will say farewell to Ash and Pikachu. As someone who grew out of their adventures decades ago even I will say "You deserved better then this"

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Also taking a bath with an electric type...

I don't think Ash journey is going to last much more...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So no Giovanni, no Ash meets Ho-oh.... what an awful way to end it. Team Rocket are doomed to forever chase Pikachu e_e
Also poor Dawn, even freaking Tracey got a team change
I'm not going to bother investing in the new characters given how they just end it. Iris and Brock are literally the only ones to accomplish their goals in the end

I do like that the TRio still have their Pokemon though, the whole squad that was at the HQ. The only unfortunate thing is they literally can't get anything new if they show up again with Ash in the future, I liked seeing them with new Pokemon. It's why I gave Journies so much ****

And it's cool that Pidgeot came back, I wish they brought Primeape back too instead of one of the useless fillers. Would have been cool if he evolved and rejoined Ash, giving Ash a Paldea mon before his Journey ended(Arceus knows if the new kids will even get any beyond the starters, Ash only had Sirfetch'd and Dracovish, Chloe had none, and Goh only had like 2-3 part from the starters)

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
I'm not going to bother investing in the new characters given how they just end it. Iris and Brock are literally the only ones to accomplish their goals in the end
technically Tracey did too lol

Noctowl, Gible, Torkoal and Gliscor (as well as Lucario, Melmetal and Lycanroc) didn't make appearances at all in MPM which is unfortunate.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Satoshi is not an Avenger, he's just a guy who ends up with situations and helps save the day. He's not a hero in the sense it's his goal to right all wrongs and destroy evil.
People really forget that Ash ends up fighting against villains by chance, he doesn't actively go hunting them. That's Lance's job (and he's terrible with that, since Team Rocket is basically the only villain team still active).

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
It appears people watched this show for completely different reasons than I did.

Pteranodonte

And yet, he's still fooled by the three stooges and forget his team in the lab.

Oh, and their guts to get pikachu is the only thing that actually keeps TRio together. No surprise.

I did find strange that TRio didn't know about pidgeot until now and thought it was still a pidgeotto. But then, I remembered that, back in "Pallet Party Panic", the flock of spearows scare them away before pidgeotto's evolution.

And original fearow is probably too scared to get back for more.
Yeah, I loved the detail of they not knowing that Pidgeotto evolved and was released in Viridian Forest.

vondecayle

Hearing Tracey’s voice again gave me life and the little detail of Venonat evolving too.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
I haven't posted in a while, got a new puppy and I've been too busy taking care of him to post. But I've been watching the series this whole time. But I lucked out and got the today work, so here I am.

Journeys' finale was really good. This miniseries sucked. The whole reason for ditching Cilan made no sense when the gang had no goal or location - like they could have gone with him to Unova, it's not like they had anything else to do. It would have made sense in most of the older series, but ???

And this finale was boring.

vondecayle

The concept of Pokémon Master is such a marketing ploy, freaking manufactured for open-ended storylines filled to the brim with endless content that requires little actual storytelling.
Ash biggest rival was never Gary or Paul, it was marketing and he lost.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Meh finale, really. They could've showed something more...substantial. The cards were all there.
It's someone who befriends every Pokemon in the world.
...Well, he already lost there because he'll never befriend a Porygon2, PorygonZ, any Pokemon owned by TRio, most of the Legendaries, and his dream being endless because new waves of Pokemon will just keep popping up.

Seriously, would be a lot easier if he caught them all.

vondecayle

So team rocket got one last fake breakup lol. All the theories went up in smoke lmao

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm glad you can finally take that ten foot pole out of your butt now, you know a foot for each year, or you can leave it up there I don't want to kink shame anyone right now. For the record I want you to know that you have some projection issues, like someone accusing their spouse of infidelity when in reality they're the ones who are cheating, well for your sake be prepared for what's going to come next because even though we're getting new characters doesn't mean that everything will change oh no because here's something that be with the anime forever

lucariotwo_by_pembroke_d9bb61y-350t.jpg

So yes, no matter who has one Lucario will always be here. Deal with it you hateful sucker, now run along and hide because I know you won't reply back when being called out. sorry not sorry
Jeebus, what the hell did they do to you.

Risrhayne

The biggest takeaway aspiring writers should take from this episode is that there’s a difference between ending a story and STOPPING a story.

IF they decide to bring Ash back, he needs to be older or something or else stopping his series would have been pointless.

Red and Blue

I'm disappointed that TRio are going to be stalkers for eternity but what can you do I guess. Surprisingly I'm pretty content to what Ash's definition of a Master is. Perfect justification for staying on the road.
What an amazing episode, man. Pikachu and Mr. Mime have finally secured their seats at the table.

That's so wrong considering Mr. Mime are humanoid.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Meh finale, really. They could've showed something more...substantial. The cards were all there.

...Well, he already lost there because he'll never befriend a Porygon2, PorygonZ, any Pokemon owned by TRio, most of the Legendaries, and his dream being endless because new waves of Pokemon will just keep popping up.

Seriously, would be a lot easier if he caught them all.
Dunno, he briefly managed to be friends of James' mareanie for an episode and, rivalry with pikachu aside, mimikyu was pretty civil with him in the SM finale.

vondecayle

The biggest takeaway aspiring writers should take from this episode is that there’s a difference between ending a story and STOPPING a story.
This is exactly what it is, a pause. Endings require some sort of conclusion, even if they are open ended.
The concept of Pokémon Master is such a marketing ploy, freaking manufactured for open-ended storylines filled to the brim with endless content that requires little actual storytelling.
Agree with this, that’s why, even at the “end” there are so many loose ends.