• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rainbow & The Pokémon Master (1236)

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I have some issues with this episode that I just remembered. The bathtub scene NEEDS to be banned in the dub! What if a kid owns one of these and tries to recreate the scene where Ash gets shocked by Pikachu in the bathtub because they seen it on tv and it wasn't very effective on Ash?

640x530.jpg
I don't disagree tbh. It's a sus scene lol

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
People and their bathtub scene. This guy got shocked by Pikachu 1 million times and didn't care. Every half intelligent child should understand this is fiction. If one is worried about that, you might as well ban the show because children might think it is cool to let animals fight.

By the way ... 3 days ... I miss you, Ash.

Last edited:

Spyro39

I have some issues with this episode that I just remembered. The bathtub scene NEEDS to be banned in the dub! What if a kid owns one of these and tries to recreate the scene where Ash gets shocked by Pikachu in the bathtub because they seen it on tv and it wasn't very effective on Ash?

640x530.jpg
...This is the same Ash that has withstood multiple electrocutions from Pikachu and flamethrowers from Charizard.

You think that kids would know by now that cartoons are unrealistic when it comes to characters getting injured that would be fatal in real life.

KukuiFanatic501

That's exactly why I'm happy that it's over, so now I can watch something fresh lol :3
Or you could’ve, you know…just not watched? Hate watching really seems to live rent free in some people.

Same, people can have negative opinions about the anime, hope you enjoy this new series..

Having negative opinions isn’t the issue. Openly complaining about the same **** over and over when most of us, issues with the anime or not, are actively trying to enjoy the ending of this animes era and seeing people continuously complain about how much they hate it (when stopping at any time is perfectly possible to do) for the upteenth time is annoying and frustrating to the rest of us.

We get it. You don’t like Ash, don’t like JN or how the animes been managed. We’ve heard you say this for the millionth time. If all your here to do is to say that, then leave those negative opinions to yourself.

And I say this not to be rude but out of frustration as it just sucks any enjoyment that others are at least trying to have here.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
Or you could’ve, you know…just not watched? Hate watching really seems to live rent free in some people.

Having negative opinions isn’t the issue. Openly complaining about the same **** over and over when most of us, issues with the anime or not, are actively trying to enjoy the ending of this animes era and seeing people continuously complain about how much they hate it (when stopping at any time is perfectly possible to do) for the upteenth time is annoying and frustrating to the rest of us.

We get it. You don’t like Ash, don’t like JN or how the animes been managed. We’ve heard you say this for the millionth time. If all your here to do is to say that, then leave those negative opinions to yourself.

And I say this not to be rude but out of frustration as it just sucks any enjoyment that others are at least trying to have here.
I can only agree to an extent here. I do not like this position of "if you dislike something shut up and do not consume it" because that automatically renders any chance of criticising something void. Now if someone JUST rants how much they hate a product that they consume but don't do that because they are disappointed and want some improvement then of course that is a waste of time indeed.

KukuiFanatic501

I can only agree to an extent here. I do not like this position of "if you dislike something shut up and do not consume it" because that automatically renders any chance of criticising something void. Now if someone JUST rants how much they hate a product that they consume but don't do that because they are disappointed and want some improvement then of course that is a waste of time indeed.
Of course I’m not saying criticism isn’t warranted. I’m not saying you can’t criticize this, otherwise I’d be anti anyone who has any kind of bone to pick with Ash, JN or the whole anime. I have my own list of issues myself.

The problem that’s now getting to me is that there’s consistently a particular group of users on here who always openly voice negative opinions, either against Ash, the anime or both and some do it out of hate. We understand you don’t like them and respect those opinions, but if all your ever going to do here is voice negative feelings, and basically just hate watch, then why even stay here and suck the enjoyment out for everyone else? Why not have a better use of your time?

There is a difference between constructively critiquing and just straight up bashing constantly, and it’s the latter that is getting increasingly frustrating. Especially now when the Ash era is concluding and many fans are coming together to try and have some capacity of enjoyment and closure from it, even with its issues that I’m sure many of us can agree are fair.

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
Admittedly, I really had a big problem with Ash winning the Masters Eight Tournament and I still can't forgive that because it all felt so forced and undeserved. Unfortunately, that's one of the first things I'll always remember....
Nevertheless, I guess that shouldn't make me blind to the fact that for the great majority of episodes Ash has really been a great protagonist and we had an awesome time with him, something we can be thankful for.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I mean tbh that's all he did in OI, so it's pretty in character. His character was literally "guy that isn't Brock".
at least in his other anime roles, he got better things like being Suzuha's father and resetting Jojo's universe.