• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rainbow & The Pokémon Master (1236)

nuzamaki90

Took a minute to gather my thoughts a bit and really absorb in the aura that Ash’s story is finally over. I’ve spent the last 16 years waking up early mornings to watch the Japanese version of the Pokémon anime almost every week and for that to come to an end is a pretty surreal feeling. My body has literally adjusted to waking up at a certain time to prepare myself for the episodes, which is just a strange personal connection I have with my watching experience.

In any case, we’ve reached the end I can’t describe how incredibly disappointed I am at how hollow it all feels. Everyone knows I’m a big critic of leak culture, especially when it comes to the anime, so to have Ash’s final chapter be spoiled for me multiple times during these past couple months has been a very discouraging experience. A reunion that I thought was impossible was just casually thrown out and really took away from the wow factor when the episode finally aired. A special “outfit change” that had a deep meaning in accordance to Ash’s story was put out in the air and heavily downplayed, as if it was so insignificant. These outside factors really affected my enjoyment of the episode, and what should’ve been a special moment was spent with a bitter feeling in the back of my head, constantly wondering how emotional I’d feel if I got to experience everything for myself. Watching JN132 I felt like a kid again, I was so enthralled with the experience that I was yelling “LETS GO” at 4 in the morning. I wish I could’ve had a similar experience with this episode.

In any case, I can’t deny that I still loved the episode for all it offered, and as a conclusion of Ash and Pikachu’s story I can greatly accept it. Once again, the somber tone was much appreciated, and despite everything I still managed to shed a tear as I saw the final frame of Ash and Pikachu as Type: Wild kicked in. I’m satisfied and grateful to have lived long enough to watch this episode. Thanks for the memories, Ash and Pikachu.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I'm going to guess you mean the Japanese side here because it doesn't make sense for the American side.
Yeah, i never bother to check american voice actors' other jobs unless its something you can tell just by watching like Brock and Kaiba having the same voice actor.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Or you could’ve, you know…just not watched? Hate watching really seems to live rent free in some people.
Which is exactly why I stopped watching Journeys and now plan on watching the new anime..... You'll be alright lil bro, maybe they'll give Ash a little special or something in the future lmao

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Although, it is kinda sad that with one cameo Tracey was given more development than Dawn with all of her JN cameos.
I'll always facepalm at just a random team update being seen as 'development' esp when said evolution isn't really something built up or would be a representation of her growth in contests. It'll literally be one for the sake of it, it isn't a starter like Serena's braixen, a battle main like Bunnelby or a whole evolution arc setup like Haxorus, or reminiscent of development as a doctor like Blissey.
Cilan didn't receive an evolution similarly because pansage evolving wouldn't have indicated anything for him

Tracey literally just had venomoth evolve and that's ALL, we get nothing else "development" wise from him then just something symbolic of change.
Dawn actually being able to mentor Chloe and show her experiences and her growth from Brock and Ash shown is much more development than random evolution people for some reason are obsessed with ffs

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Dawn actually being able to mentor Chloe and show her experiences and her growth from Brock and Ash shown is much more development than random evolution people for some reason are obsessed with ffs
You sure are reacting strongly to an innocent, half-joking comment lol.

This fandom needs to chill

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
It is over one week now ... I miss you, Ash.

And that is how time goes by. Tomorrow you close your eyes for a moment and it'll be another 26 years.

Always cherish it.

Cetra

Cetra

Double Post, but currently watching the episode where Ash wants Pikachu to stay with the other Pikachus. And with this important episode, since it is 11:40 PM here I watch until April 1st, my 32th birthday and 26th birthday of the Pokémon anime.

EDIT on April 1st 2023, 12:15 AM:

Thank you, Ash and Pikachu. For everything. And Happy Birthday to your anime as well.

Last edited:

jjliang

Not showing the rest of Ash's traveling companions besides Misty, Brock, and Tracey being written out is just like how not all of the kids from Arthur (besides Arthur himself, DW, Buster, Francine, Muffy, Binky, and George) are shown as adults in the show's final episode. Well, at least Kate (Arthur's baby sister) does get mentioned by Adult Buster as becoming one of his students (Kate at this point would now be a teenager attending college, with Buster acting as her teacher).

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Since the 2019 thread is now locked I have to say my thoughts right now. Why on Arceus' blue and green Earth would they make JN/MPM the last season? Oh my god there was so much missed and wasted potential, one where the people in charge spent like 80% percent of the anime focusing on Goh and giving him a bunch of very undeserved stuff, when this season should have focused primarily on Ash and furthering him as a trainer, and they should have gone like all out with him, the whole nine yards but they did the bare minimum, and theres also the fact that a lot of episodes were wasted on pointless slapstick material.

What kind of **** is that? Ash's last season was used as some kind of experimental process, and then they end it in the most lukewarm, disappointing way possible with so much wasted potential, and now they just start fresh with two. Who was in charge for most of JN, Tomioka or Tomiyasu or whoever? Cause I Question their ability to write.

Last edited: