• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rapture Tomorrow. Is it real or not?

Will there be a Rapture?

• Yes, praise Jesus!

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • No.

Votes: 157 91.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
The notion of the "rapture" as espoused by modern evangelical protestantism probably began with Morgan Edwards, but, in any event, it didn't begin with Millerism.

Ah. Fair enough. I was speaking about Darby.

Sircharles

Marijuantsome?
My question is where your proof that it won't happen? You can't see air. So is it there? You can't see emotion, but is it really there? You can't see sound. Is it real? Tell me how you can prove that there won't be a rapture. All you can say is there won't be because you won't see it. My point is how can you breathe or feel or hear if you don't have any proof of it's existence? You need more than the whole "I can't see god/Jesus so he isn't there" card. I need something fresh. Something newer than that old excuse.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
As GLaDOS would say

"I'm still alive"

Dattebayo

Banned

While Drake Poketrainer is right, Drake Poketrainer probably neglected/ forgot to tell you that this doesn't necessarily mean the end of humanity. It sounds science fictiony, but space colonisation is possible, and if humanity can permanently reach far enough, we wont be chained to the sun's fate.

Nah, I'm pretty sure he didn't neglect it because space colonisation is impossible due to the high chances of being end up like those people from "Wall-E." It makes me fear that he and his followers are right all along and that Atheism rules all. :(

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
My question is where your proof that it won't happen? You can't see air. So is it there? You can't see emotion, but is it really there? You can't see sound. Is it real? Tell me how you can prove that there won't be a rapture. All you can say is there won't be because you won't see it. My point is how can you breathe or feel or hear if you don't have any proof of it's existence? You need more than the whole "I can't see god/Jesus so he isn't there" card. I need something fresh. Something newer than that old excuse.

How about how PokeJustice and I just linked to several preachers who popularized the whole notion of the "rapture" within the past 250 years? Does that count as "fresh" evidence against the "rapture"?

Grey Wind

You can feel air and emotion.
But you can't say for definite that it is real. There is no scentific proof whatsoever that god is even real, let alone end the world.

Roserazor

...Look Behind You
There was no rapture, so now I have to study for finals -.-"

trfan

The 'Weird' One
lol! That first option is just for trolls.

But seriously, it doesn't even need to be said that I wasn't worried about the end of the world, it didn't happen and now they are saying it was a test of their faith, they can make excuses for everything, its delusional.

You are just talking about one of the sense, sight. You can feel air, you can hear sound. You can't hear, see, smell, touch or taste god, spirituality is in your head, in your brain, it isn't real or in the world, religion is all about your belief but like it or not it has **** all to do about what actually happens.

Last edited:

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
you know there is no proof we aren't dead, for all we know we could be dreaming this from heaven.

[img139]http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac290/mattj_pokemon/apocalypsefortunecookie.jpg?t=1306089460[/img139]

Profesco

gone gently
Anyways, we all know it's a crock by now.

Fin.

We're all inclined to make arrogant remarks about the silliness of discussing this clearly foolish event, right? And all the blathering about it in the media and on the net gives us headaches and urges us to sigh, right? So let's be part of the solution instead of part of the problem, and boycott superfluous after-the-fact (or lackthereof) discussion of the doomsday prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.