1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Rare ships of Pokemon

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by paul (dragon master), Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul (dragon master)

paul (dragon master) Awesomely awesome

Being a fan of rare pairings has been there for sometime now, I decided to create this page hoping for people to come up with a rare pairing and share their opinion with and to have an awesome time while at it.

This has nothing to do with the more famous pairings, just a way to unleash our imaginations, have a great time sharing the pairings we find rare and enjoy other's thoughts. bringing picture, fanfictions and Fan made videos to enforce our opinions.

Rare Pairings i like.

BootlegPearlshipping: AshXPrincess Salvia
    OthelloShipping: AshXHilda
    AshXRosa

2. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

Well, really, only a few ships don't fall into this category, if we count everything from Ash x Ho-oh to Arceus x Bidoof. I'm just going to assume that you mean ships between main and/or supporting characters.

I can think of two ships which are pretty uncommon that I ship - HeartSoulShipping (Ethan x Lyra) and MascheraShipping (Looker x Aurea Juniper). I've hardly ever seen fanart or fanfics, especially not for the latter.

3. Dragoniss

Dragoniss Garys wanabe waifu

Palletshipping's not rare, It's still fairly popular, but its loosing its popularity quickly due to the fact that Gary's hardly around anymore and they tried to "replace" him with Paul -grumbles at that purple haired jerk- At least on here it is, not quite the same on deviantart. I remember a time where there were Palletshippers galore. Now I feel i'm the only one.

Now if you want a weird one that I haven't heard anyone talk about...
    Gary/Blastoise. Seeing as how Blastoise was Gary's first pokemon, his most powerful pokemon, and he kisses its pokeball.
    Gary/Umbreon. Kinda obvious Umbreon to Gary is like Ashes Pikachu.
    I kinda like Delia and Sammy. Their just so cute.
    Last ones weird but...Ash/Food...Any kind of food...Ash is always hungry...and we all know how much fun food can be I mean yah...

4. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

I always saw Fatherlyshipping (Falkner x Janine) to be rare, whereas Falkner x Morty and Falkner x Skyla seem to be a bit more common. :/

That's probably it from my Oteepees. XD

Though I don't ship it, Rebel (Hilbert x Bianca) and whatever Cheren x Hilda is (Checkmate?) also seem to be rare. :p

5. Flame Mistress

Oh yeah, FatherlyShipping. I still like that one. =p

6. Rare ships. Yeah I support them, *directs people to her signature*

7. xEryChan

xEryChan Ace Trainer Staff Member Moderator

Oh, yeah I support quite a few shippings that are kind of rare (when I say rare, I mean unusual)

• LongTianShipping (Lance x Skyla)
    • SpectralColorshipping (Colress x Nate)
    • Comashipping (Paul x Ash)
    • Hypershipping (Barry x Bianca)
    • Mockshipping (Paul x Ursula)
    • Fatherlyshipping (Falkner x Janine)
    And probably the rarest one: Kyurem x Nate (unnamed)

8. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

I'm not sure if I do support rare Pokémon shippings, since I have to be reminded of various pairings in order to realize "Oh yeah, I support that." I think Mewshipping and LunarEclipseshipping are rather uncommon, but I've seen a fair share of pictures and fanfics outside of my own, that I think it's anything but rare.

Not sure if Misty/Gary counts, since I have a soft spot for it, same with Celebi/Mew (but those moments are rare in itself). Um... Neoshipping (Butch/Cassidy) is probably a rare one these days. I mean, I don't know of a lot of people who are big supporters since it exists, there's a small fanbase out there somewhere. But since Butch and Cassidy rarely appear anymore, I think it's died down. I kinda was liking the idea of Domino/Giovanni at one brief moment in time, but I've since jumped ship.

I also have a small liking towards Darkrai/Alice or Alicia, either of the two. Most likely Darkrai/Alicia, but... yeah. *twiddles fingers*

9. paul (dragon master)

For me i try to steer away from Human and Pokemon pairing, but at least we have a start. And yes i know PalletShipping is quiet common and never said it was rare. I wanted to create a thread where the more uncommon pairings get a chance to shine. Like for instance BootlegPearlshipping, i think this pairing would kind of sweet, Ash as a commoner paired with the Crown Princess Salvia.

10. JetshipperKekkaishi

JetshipperKekkaishi New Chapter

I support tons of rare shipping:
    Jetshipping:Hilbert x Skyla
    Egoshipping:Misty x Gary
    Deepvastshipping:Ash x Rosa
    Ash x Hilda
    Futhershipping(Ash x Leaf)
    Hilbert x Dawn.
    And many more.

11. Dragoniss

Dragoniss Garys wanabe waifu

If were going for actual human x human...

Gold/Ethan x Green/blue -whatever you call him- I don't think there's a name for it actually. I tried looking it up. Mostly gameverse but can be mangaverse. basically this.

12. spiderbrush

spiderbrush Well-Known Member

...Admittedly, a lot of the pairings I like are pretty... rare.>o<

FolkloreShipping (Morty x Lyra... although tbh I think I may like this more as a big bro/little sis relationship)
    ConductorShipping (Emmet x Elesa)
    ExpressShipping (Ingo x Hilda)
    Hilda x Martin (Winter Ferris Wheel buddy... and yet, I actually forgot this shipping's name >_>)
    MoonRingShipping (Colress x Rosa)
    Colress x Hilda

I... don't really have any "rare" pairings for the anime or any of the manga series.^^;

13. geag-a

geag-a 100% yuri

I seem to ship more rare ships than anything else. Having less interaction is somehow compelling? I'm not sure. (6 v 9)

Akatsuki shipping, (Cyrus & Dawn)
    Femmegym shipping, (Erika & Sabrina)
    Chest shipping, (Misty & Lorelei/Prima)
    Iris & Caitlin (I've never actually seen a ship name for this!)
    MoonRing shipping, (Colress & Mei)
    Red & Charizard, (not super rare, though it's uncommon as far as I know)
    Indomitable shipping, (Drayden & Mei)
    Spiritual shipping, (Morty & Lyra & Ethan)

I can get behind most ships, but these are the ones I look for most actively!! Being a yuri shipper is suffering, most of them are rarer than het or yaoi. I have to admit, seeing fanart of a ship will most likely turn me to that ship. It's pretty addictive ( ;w; )

Edit: LightPink (Mei & Yancy)!! I take it for granted, mostly. I probably think there's more of it, because I draw so much of it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  14. Flame Mistress

To be honest, I personally think PalletShipping IS pretty uncommon, at least if we're talking about the anime counterpart here. Dragoniss is the only member I've seen here who actively supports PalletShipping, and it's been ages since I last saw PalletShipping fanart/fanfiction.

15. OrcaCity

OrcaCity Expert Killer Whale

Well I am an obsessive fangirl a fan of GreySkyShipping which I don't see others talking about often.

16. White_Roar~

White_Roar~ Mother Monster

Hmm... Wow, I'm ship tons of obscure shippings, here are 2 Ash ships that I support that are rare.

I really like this one because, it seems like Anabel sort of... "taught" Ash the feeling of love.

Even though it seems like Ash can't entirely fathom the feeling of love yet... =(

I also like the scenes from the Anime that support "hints" of the shipping like the following:

Ash is very interested in Anabel's ability to tune/hone in on nature and connect with her Pokemon, mentally. When Anabel offers to help Ash clean up his Tauros and was having fun playing with him in the lake. That was a very... shippy/romantic scene if you ask me. xD It was also kind of cute when Anabel blushes after Ash shakes her hand. ^^
    And finally, I think it was really romantic/cute when they got out of the link and smiled and laughed at each other. XD ^-^;

I absolutely love this shipping! Despite it being Ash x a Pokemon. It's still very cute! ^^

Things I like about this ship that were shown in Pokemon Heroes:

After Latias (disguised as Bianca) and Lorenzo have stopped Bianca and Latios from attacking Ash, Latias takes Ash's hand, sits him on a swing, walks around and pushes off on the swing and stands on the swing while Ash sits on it. After Latias reveals her true appearance, Ash falls off the swing and faceplants on the stone floor. Latias picks him up to see if he is okay, he is, and she's very happy and starts flying close circles around Ash. The next part is Lorenzo saying that Latias must have taken a liking to Ash.

When Latias grabs Ash's hat, Ash does not get mad at Latias, but just chases her playfully around to try and get it back.

In the part of the movie where Latias looks for help, since Annie and Oakley have captured Latios, she specifically goes to Ash. She even slips into her human guise and hugs Ash, and cries on him when she asks for his help. I think this part of the movie is very romantic, it shows that Latias trusts Ash stay by his side. ^^

And finally, I like the part at the end of the movie when Ash is about to leave, Latias runs up to Ash and kisses Ash on the cheek.

I think I've done enough, because if I were to type ALL of my obscure-known shippings, it would be more than 50000 Characters! X___X

17. paul (dragon master)

18. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

Really? Some one said AshxPaul? I always thought that was one of the most popular Yaoi pairings of the series, or at least it was when I was watching D/P series.
    I think AshxN isn't too popular yet, I think once we get more scenes in the anime though it will be =]

19. Sweet May

Sweet May o.o

I thought the same thing too.

I see TONS of Pallet/Coma fanworks off this site that I can't consider them to be "rare". If you're talking about the things that happen within the walls of SPPF, then yes you can say all the slash pairings have died out. (heck even CafeMocha isn't getting enough love here ;__; )

But rare pair = obscure pair? I mean those are the type of pairings that can be considered, but won't be talked about for days because mainstream pairings get in the way or obscure pairing doesn't have enough chemistry other than what you read and see from fanworks.

I consider a rare pair to be what used to be called "crack" pairing. Where two randomly chosen characters, human or not, are paired together and somehow work based on bizarre theories. Even nevermet pairings would count here, imo.

The only "rare" ones I can think of at the moment is PinkFlowershipping (Whitney x Erika) and Emolga x Pachirisu. (but perhaps not in a romantic aspect but who knows~)

20. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say Yaoi has died, AshxDento pretty popular these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.