• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Regi puzzles

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sakuyamon said:
Apparently some game manuals had the braille decoder but others didn't? Mine didn't so I had to use the internet to open each individual Regi hiding place but the instructions were easy to understand. Opening the Sealed Chamber was the biggest pain in the ass 'cause you needed Wailord and Relicanth. :p

The Regi puzzle that required you to stand still for two minutes was the most annoying puzzle to me other than the Sealed Chamber task. I remember translating the braille and not really understanding what the message meant until I accidentally left the game alone and unlocked the Island Cave.

Venomshock

I remember reading that Nintendo didn't make the Azure Flute event in the Sinnoh games accessible because they thought it was too complicated for kids to understand but the Regi trio puzzles were so much harder to do. I only found out how to solve them because my friend bought the game guide.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I remember reading that Nintendo didn't make the Azure Flute event in the Sinnoh games accessible because they thought it was too complicated for kids to understand but the Regi trio puzzles were so much harder to do. I only found out how to solve them because my friend bought the game guide.

That's a good point the Regi puzzles felt like a big chore but people still managed to solve them one way or another so the Arceus event with the Azure Flute would've been a piece of cake.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Venomshock said:

I think that the difficult part of the Azure Flute event wasn't so much discovering how and where to use the Azure Flute, but more so that battling a Level 80 Pokemon like Arceus in D/P/Pt would've been a lot harder for most players than battling a Level 40 Pokemon like Registeel, Regirock, and Regice in R/S/E, especially if they didn't know ahead of time that Arceus was one of the strongest wild Pokemon in the games at that point.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Honestly with how accurate the rumble feature is on the Joy Cons to the point it can actually feel like you are pushing a button or lifting something with weight, I wouldn’t mind seeing Braille puzzles again where you slowly move the Joy Con around a tablet and you can feel the bumps. It makes no sense having a puzzle based on a tactile form of communication be required to be solved to get the Regi on a screen that can only display images. It defeats the whole purpose of the Braille alphabet. With SwSh and CT, it’s now different and time to use the Braille messages the way they were meant to be used.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Honestly with how accurate the rumble feature is on the Joy Cons to the point it can actually feel like you are pushing a button or lifting something with weight, I wouldn’t mind seeing Braille puzzles again where you slowly move the Joy Con around a tablet and you can feel the bumps.
That's sounds like an utter pain to implement and to actually experience in the game.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Not as much as trying to read Braille by vision only.
Uh, no it would be more difficult.

You would have to implement the rumble process for each of the nine languages implemented in the games.

For anybody playing the game, it would be an extremely slow process that would be nothing like just running your finger over the dots.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Haizumi said:
Do you know what? I remember about the part in which you had to use the move Cut to break through the cave's wall, but this one about standing still has probably been removed from my mind.

The puzzle that involved standing still for two minutes only existed in Ruby and Sapphire from what I remember: it was changed in Emerald version, so maybe that's why you don't remember it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The puzzle that involved standing still for two minutes only existed in Ruby and Sapphire from what I remember: it was changed in Emerald version, so maybe that's why you don't remember it.
None of the puzzles required Cut in Generation 3.

Edit: After looking it up, there is a puzzle in FR/LG that used Braille that made you use Cut, but that didn't lead to a Regi.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Auraninja said:
None of the puzzles required Cut in Generation 3.

Edit: After looking it up, there is a puzzle in FR/LG that used Braille that made you use Cut, but that didn't lead to a Regi.

I wasn't talking about the Cut puzzle, though: I specifically mentioned the Regi puzzle that involved standing still for two minutes in Ruby and Sapphire, which happened at Island Cave I believe.

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
Hell yes, I did love this enigma. Took me about two whole entertaining days to realize and complete it all back then, though I must admit that the part which asked you to get a squad containing both Relicanth and Wailord was undoubtedly annoying.

Were however Regirock, Regice and Registeel hard to catch? Damn, they were extremely hard to catch!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I wasn't talking about the Cut puzzle, though: I specifically mentioned the Regi puzzle that involved standing still for two minutes in Ruby and Sapphire, which happened at Island Cave I believe.
I think I quoted the wrong person.