• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Regi way or the Dog way OR.. the bird way

whats harder?

• the dog way

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • the bird way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the regi way

• the lucky egg quest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blog_dog

Awww Cute
what do u think is a harder way to get one of 4 of these region rare types the regi way the dog way or the bird way or for a little additon the lucky egg quest in pokemon XD!!!(even though lucky egg doesnt hatch..i think..) what is harder to get choose for urself!;)

E

Evanji Axu

The birds are too easy. The dogs are mostly based on chance. I'd say the Golem way...I can't even get to the damn Dive spot =.=

PDL

disenchanted
lesse...

the "Bird way" as you put it involves simply walking up to their stationary sprite and "talking" to them, engaging in a simple catch battle.

the "Dog way" is a bit harder since you "release" them and they wander randomly throughout the region. As an added challenge, they tend to run away if possible.

the "Regi way" involves deciphering braille and doing as the braille says, opening locked doors to them.

I chose the "I don't really care too much because I find legendarys highly over-rated anyway... way" :)

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
I choose.....the Beast way. They were harder for me to catch, because of the whole running and the roaring and the poke ball es-ca-pinng. (in proffesor Fink's voice from the Simpsons).

The Birds are easiest to catch. As already mentioned, you just have everything ready with you, walk up to the bird, 'talk' to it and BOOM. There you go.

The Regis are the second hardest to FIND, but are also second at being the easiest to capture.

Last edited:

blog_dog

Awww Cute
what was i gunna say? oh yea fancy card shop is now open come if u want some fancy art on some fancy card packs there unlike any fancy pokemon pack u might have ever seen it will open tomorrow... heres the open and close times (10:00 AM Grand Opening 1:00 PM or 2:00 PM closing time)come and PLEASE dont put insults if i mess up on the card packs hope u come i treasure everones business in my shop :)

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
I don't think many people have had the 'off the top of the mind' knowledge with the egg thing as they do the trios. Oh yeah, allow double posting man, it's against the rules. Just use the Edit button.

Deathskully

I r gud riter.
I know this doesn't have to do with the topic, but IMO the legendary cats/dogs are dogs, since they learn the move roar =/

Blaze Dragon

T3h Blazing Ranger!
The Johto beasts, they are random to encounter and they run from any battle. Cowards, but they are like that

Mighty

Indigo Champion
In difficulty...regi's win because without a guide or braille knowledge you have no chance. Wailmer/Relicanth, waiting for 4 minutes without moving, etc etc is complex stuff to just 'guess'.

Dogs/Lati@s is pretty cool, I can't remember if the dogs (yes, dogs!) are the same as the lati@s in their movement patterns.

Fixed legendaries is tradition though, there's always a couple.

Vycksta

In terms of capturing them... easily Raikou/Entei/Suicune. That took a lot of time on Pokemon Silver because you had to FIND them first then engage in "Follow the Leader".

However in terms of which set is your favourite... I heart Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres. :}

cecil

Armed with a Mind
Say, the dog way. The birds are the easiest to found. The regis are the easiest to catch. The dog way...the hardest to be found. I've played a lot of hour in my LG and hasn't found it yet,sob.

jellsprout

-The Birds in R/G/B/Y/Fr/Lg were the easiest ever. Zapdos just had a small labyrinth that you could get through easily, Articuno had a small puzzle that you complete without even realizing. Moltres was just dropping through a hole, which also was too easy.
-The Birds in XD was also very easy. If you captured XD001, this is seriously a joke. The only thing that may have ruined it was if you ran out of Ultra Balls or if you ran out of Potions. And even if you fainted them, you could always come back to try them again. You simply could not not capture them. The only difficulty with them was that you fought two at the same time and could only throw one Ultra Ball in one turn.

-The Beasts (every time someone calls them dogs my brain implodes. Seriously, just look at Entei and Raikou and dare to say that again) in G/S were alot harder. You had too fully explore the Burnt Tower with a Pokémon with Rock Smash. And seriously, who had a Pokémon with Rock Smash in that time that wasn't specifically for this reason. After that, you had to encounter them in the wild. You needed luck for that. After that, you had chase them across Johto. And that was WAY harder then chasing Lati@s. After that, you had to weaken them a bit without fainting them after which they ran away and you had to chase them again. Unlike with Lati@s, you couldn't use Shadow Tag or Mean Look on them because Shadow Tag didn't exist then and they had Roar. After weaking them enough and finding them again, you had to put them to sleep (Sleep Powder missed. Wild Raikou ran.). If that worked, you had to throw Ultra/Fast Balls at them. If they woke up before you caught them, you had to chase them again. After catching one, you had to repeat the process again two more times. And since there were three, you couldn't use the Master Ball.
-The Beasts in Crystal. The Burnt Tower was now part of the main story line and you didn't need Rock Smash for it. After that, Entei and Raikou were the same as before. But you encountered Suicune after beating the Wise Trio in the Tin Tower. It didn't run away, which made catching Suicune much easier.
-The Beast in Colloseum. This was pure hell for the following reasons:
1. The had Shadow Rush (Colloseum version), meaing that they had recoil damage. After finally bringing them down to the red, they kill themselfs.
2. You had to beat four Pokémon of a trainer with incredable strategies and combinations, like Earthquake/Protect and Water/Flying/Lightning Rod, in a double battle.
3. After the Beasts were brought into the fight, you still had one more Pokémon to beat. And while you focus all your strenght on that single Pokémon, the Beast kills off your Pokémon one by one.
4. Entei had partner Pokémon with Earthquake.
5. You could only throw one Pokéball per turn, while you had two Pokémon to give orders to.
The biggest difficulty for this one was that you had to beat a very strong trainer and snag an extremely difficult Pokémon to capture at the same time. And beleive me, that was pure hell.
If you fainted them and saved afterwards, they weren't gone forever, but they only appeared again untill near the end of the game. And that was a long time away. And if you missed them again at that point, you could still meet them in Deep Colloseum. But beating a trainer with lvl. 60+ Pokémon while trying to prevent a legendary from fainting and trying to catch it, isn't really that easy as it seems. And depending on the Beast, you had to go through 2-4 rounds with four trainers each.
-The Beast trio in Fr/Lg were also very difficult. They were the exact same as Lati@s to catch, except for one major aspect: Entei and Raikou had Roar. And if they used Roar, they were gone forever. So once they used Roar, they couldn't be used again. Because of that, you couldn't trap them with Shadow Tag, etc. and it is much more difficult to chase the Beast in Kanto then Lati@s in Hoenn, but still less difficult then in Johto.

-The Regi trio in R/S/E were near impossible to do if you didn't have a guide and if you didn't knew braille, but if you did have a guide or knew braille, this was very easy. And IIRC, inside that tiny book that you had received together with the game, there was the braille alphabet and what letter they were in our alphabet. So that really wasn't all that difficult.

As you can see, the Beasts were most difficult to get to, were most difficult to fight and were most difficult to catch. And in Colloseum the method of capturing them was absolutally horyfying.

So the Beast Trio gets my vote.

Regi's. Apart from being quite hard to find, they're pretty bloody hard to weaken due to their enormous Defense Stats.

The Birds are pathetic. There's not even a quest to get them. All you have to do is know where they are, and you've practically caught them already.

The Dogs(Onoez, I used my own opinion =O Guess I'll have to be shot now) can be hard, but a competent battler shouldn't have too hard a time tracking them down/catching them in Colosseum.

The reason no one chooses the Lucky Egg is because no one cares about the stupid thing. LOLZ I'M GONNA SPEND 40 HOURS ON MY GCNZ SO MY POGLEYMERN GROW 1.5 TIMES FAZDER =00000 Not worth it in any way at all, especially as it's so much easier and less time consuming to just get it off a Wild Chansey, if you even have a use for the thing in the first place =/

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
I just got the egg by playing through XD. Wasn't that hard, just had to keep busy on it. ¬_¬

I say the dogs/beasts/cats/whatever. Unless you have a Pokemon such as Wobbuffet with an ability that doesn't allow them to run, or perhaps a fast mean looker they can be a pain. That said, you could just get them off Colessium like I did, making them a lot easier to find/capture.

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
The Dogs. The birds coming in second and I currently have a grudge against the Golemns because I am having issues catching Regice......

The dogs are the best in battle and the most original. All the birds being vulnerable to electricity and the Golemns to fire brings down their stock a whole lot.

Cacophony

Chasing after Johto's trio in Gold was quite possibly the single most aggravating way to find and capture any wild Pokemon in the entire series. Even if you had something with Mean Look, they could still Roar to get away...

The birds are nothing. Finding the Regis can be tough, but at least you can save and consistently battle them as much as you need to, as they're not going anywhere. Encountering an incredibly rare, escape-happy Pokemon in a random battle in the field is by far the worst to me.

Regis Took me like 6 hours to catch em all together in battle. But in sliver I'v only found Sequin(SP)

Status
Not open for further replies.