• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Regis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord wackruntlje

Speed up, n00b!
The only the time I have used one of them was when I needed someone to try a Tough contest... Regirock even got painted.

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
Well, I find them really interesting. I don't know what's up with almost everyone who posted. If someone omitted the words "legendary" "regi" and maybe "all three" it would be guessed by many that we're all talking about a Zigzagoon, for crying out loud!

The Regis are ancient, long-forgotten Pokemon. The point is that they aren't supposed to be WOW-FANTASTIC-SUPER-ULTRA-EXTRAORDINARILY TOUGH-IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT and similar. They are creative and fun. Does every legendary Pokemon need to be "uber-strong" to qualify as one? I think they're great, and the whole process of getting them is clever and imaginative. At least they don't appear randomly over the grass of Hoenn (which would be a lot easier for the game designers, as opposed to designing several additional rooms and areas). You are all going about this Regi thing all wrong.

I have no idea what this means:
josh09 said:
personnally, with all the trouble that you have to go to get them, i dont think its worth it. besides, if i got them i would not even use them, i never use legendarys.

-Josh-
"All the trouble"? Hardly categorizes as trouble compared to getting Mew, which is not exceptionally good in all stats either.

F

FireDragons

your right the regis are somthing to unlock and do and not for uber strong perposes

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
Regice@Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP/252 Def./4 Sp. Attack
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rest
-Thunder Wave

...Weak?

XRay

---what I'm getting
Tropical Spirit said:
Regice@Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP/252 Def./4 Sp. Attack
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rest
-Thunder Wave

...Weak?

Yeah, weak, veeeeery weak. Maybe if you remove thunder wave and include sleep talk or snore it might be of some use, but still...;257;

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
XRay said:
Yeah, weak, veeeeery weak. Maybe if you remove thunder wave and include sleep talk or snore it might be of some use, but still...;257;
No, it isn't. >__> Thunder Wave makes the foe's speed be lower than Regice's. The opponent will most likely switch when Regice comes in, which will give you a free T-Wave.
Not only that, Regice has 200 base SP. Defense and 100 base Defense; (Plus the EVs and the nature) meaning it can survive the 2 rest turns. (Not to mention the leftovers) >__> Snore sucks and Sleep Talk is useless because of that. Please, come back when you know what you're talking about. :)

BTW, random smilies are stupid.

You know, I'm getting bloody sick of everybody hating the Regi's for no reason at all. Is originality a sin nowadays? Does creativity = death sentence?

FYI, not every Pokémon has to have red eyes and a black body to look cool. The Regi's are actually original, unlike the so-generic-it-hurts Pokémon like Articuno, Pidgeot, Charizard, Blastoise, and so on. Eveyrbody come here please come back when you have a proper reason to hate them, not your pathetic, "ONOEZ NO EYEZ" or "WHAOMG TOO MUCH EFFERT ;-;;-;;-;" arguments. I'm glad the Regi's actually get a side quest, because the last two trios had no side quest AT ALL. The birds are just overplumped pigeons who sit in caves(WTFH at that, anyway, why do BIRDS sit in stuffy, confined caves? Open skies makes a heck of a lot more sense) and wait for you to find them and pound their respective arses even farther into the ground than they already are. The Dogs are just random mammals that fear all humans and dash away like frightened kittens every time someone approachs them. Sure, it's a pain, but is it a real challenge? Barely.

On the flipside, though, we have the Regi's. Before you even face the challenge of weakening and catching them, you first have to raise Pokémon you probably never would have otherwise, follow a confusing Route to a secluded divespot, solve a myriad of puzzles underneath, traipse about Hoenn, and discover and capture each respective Regi. That's a real challenge, ffs.

Furthermore, all you complaining that they do nothing obviously have no idea how useful they are. So what if they can't tear apart their foe with one tooth? That's not what they're meant to do:)o). Instead, they're meant to stick around for a long, long time, slowly tearing apart your foe's team rather than just throwing sucker punches at everything that moves. They can explode, they can cover all Types, and they can power up to become even greater of a nuisance. With proper prediction(and patience, which evidently you all lack), you can easily rip apart any foe's team, human or AI.

But, of course, effort is overrated in this era. If you can't do it in two seconds, why bother? ;o

As far as I can tell, Tropical Spirit is the only person who even knows WTH he's talking about. Anyone who thinks the Regi's are weak or useless needs to be bifurcated with a blunt axe, IMO.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

E

Evanji Axu

The Braille thing is a neat idea, but the Regis just don't appeal to me. They seem so...lifeless. I want something more nautral-looking, something that makes a nice pillow and can express emotion. And yes, I do have NO PATIENCE WHATSOEVER. And the exploding is a moot point. Exploding camels are better >:3

XRay

---what I'm getting
Tropical Spirit said:
No, it isn't. >__> Thunder Wave makes the foe's speed be lower than Regice's. The opponent will most likely switch when Regice comes in, which will give you a free T-Wave.
Not only that, Regice has 200 base SP. Defense and 100 base Defense; (Plus the EVs and the nature) meaning it can survive the 2 rest turns. (Not to mention the leftovers) >__> Snore sucks and Sleep Talk is useless because of that. Please, come back when you know what you're talking about. :)

BTW, random smilies are stupid.

Well if you are so smart then you may also know that most opponents in the game are to stupid to switch out anything. Also, by the time you are able to catch regice or any other regi, you should already have a good team of stronger pokemon than the golem.
BTW, greta sucks.

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
XRay said:
Well if you are so smart then you may also know that most opponents in the game are to stupid to switch out anything.
Yes, but Thunder Wave will still make them slower than Regice :eek:! And that's *shockgasphorror* GOOD! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Also, by the time you are able to catch regice or any other regi, you should already have a good team of stronger pokemon than the golem.
Though they come at level 40 and are one of the best non-uber Hoenn pokemon. :eek:!

BTW, greta sucks.
...You leave Greta out of this you twit. Instead of trying to shove pathetic insults down to me why don't you crawl back to the goddamn rock you came from and kill yourself? Kthnxbi. <3

Last edited:

XRay

---what I'm getting
Tropical Spirit said:
Though they come at level 40 and are one of the best non-uber Hoenn pokemon. :eek:!Kthnxbi. <3

By the time I got to catch reice all my pokemon were around lv60, and I really had to work a lot on trying to keep the regi alive so I could catch it.
o yeah, and when I battled the pyramid king I only needed 1 flamethrower and sky uppercut from blaziken so it's so high defenses weren't much of a use.

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
XRay said:
By the time I got to catch reice all my pokemon were around lv60, and I really had to work a lot on trying to keep the regi alive so I could catch it.
Then that's YOUR problem. You can get them as soon as you have HM08.

o yeah, and when I battled the pyramid king I only needed 1 flamethrower and sky uppercut from blaziken so it's so high defenses weren't much of a use.
Jindai's regis are a joke. Don't use them as referrences. Regice has THUNDER, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! They also have 0 EVs in the defenses and have defense-hindering natures. They were meant to be easy.

Next plz. :)

XRay

---what I'm getting
Tropical Spirit said:
Then that's YOUR problem. You can get them as soon as you have HM08.
Next plz. :)

Did I mention that I did get them as soon as I got the hm08?
your turn...

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
XRay said:
Did I mention that I did get them as soon as I got the hm08?
your turn...
Then you have need a lot of patience to train your pokemon to level 60 when you get HM08. >__> Fact is, the average level of a pokemon at that phrase of the game is 35-40. >_>

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
Tropical Spirit said:
Then you have need a lot of patience to train your pokemon to level 60 when you get HM08. >__> Fact is, the average level of a pokemon at that phrase of the game is 35-40. >_>

...Unless he has two Pokemon and "all my pokemon" refers to those two... It seems unlikely, though. With a user title like "Carpe diem!" you would expect him to not waste time leveling up..

Tropical Spirit said:
Fact is, the average level of a pokemon at that phrase of the game is 35-40
Whaaat? I'm just leaving Lilycove and my four favourite Pokemon (Mightyena, Blaziken, Camerupt, Crobat) are all at Lv50. :confused:

XRay

---what I'm getting
Well as far as I know I had 6 pokemon in my party. I just put a whole lot of work in training. But to my defense I must say that the most of my training happened in the grass and water around lilycove, and you're right Magma Leader Maxie, when I got to lilycove my pokemon were on lv50, too. so do some training and when you get to the regis your favourite four will also be min. lv.60. And lv35-40 is simply too weak, you lack in training TropicalSpirit. BTW, the best way to use the day is to train so carpe diem suits perfectly.

C

Cooltrainer Rip

I think the whole side quest idea is good,but the regis (with the exception of maybe regice) dontr seem worth the effort.What I look for in an original pokemon is original moves,the only one of which is Superpower. The only other cool move they learn is zap cannon,which meeds lock on to even hit,which takes up 2 moves. Not for me anyway,I'll stick with my adorable Heracross. Sigh.......

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
Personally I don't use them in my team (I stick to my adorable Camerupt) but I don't think they should be rejected by everyone as much as they are. You don't have to like them, but don't hate them. You don't have to murder people for not liking them like ~*Commander Blizzard*~ either, but I'm sure that if they were removed right now from your games, you would feel ripped off. Then a new thread would be made "OMFG THEY REMOVED THE REGIS WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??!!" where suddenly everyone would love them and want to have them in their teams. That is what I don't like about gamers who don't appreciate someone's efforts. I mean, alright, you paid for the game. But so what? You can pay for a Picasso painting, hang it on your wall and then start criticizing it "Well, that doesn't look like a guitar. Look at those faces, they look like a child's work". Get what I'm saying?

P.S. XRay, I mistook what carpe diem was referring to. Seems that you love using your day to train. :)

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
XRay said:
Well as far as I know I had 6 pokemon in my party. I just put a whole lot of work in training. But to my defense I must say that the most of my training happened in the grass and water around lilycove, and you're right Magma Leader Maxie, when I got to lilycove my pokemon were on lv50, too. so do some training and when you get to the regis your favourite four will also be min. lv.60. And lv35-40 is simply too weak, you lack in training TropicalSpirit. BTW, the best way to use the day is to train so carpe diem suits perfectly.
OHNOEZ I LACK IN TRAININGZ. >____>;; Maybe because I'm not up to waste my life fainting a bunch of weak pokemon in the grass?! ;o If you don't train in the grass the AVERAGE is 35-40. My pokemon are actually at 45 or so when I get there.

XRay, GTFO the Internet IMO, and leave Tropical Spirit alone, as his time is better spent doing something worthwhile, rather than pointing out the obvious to poons like you.

InGame means nothing, BTW. Look at Lucy's Shuckle. That's a horrible mutilation of the Standard Shuckle set, and lacks any staying power at all(as if Shuckle has it in the first place ¬_¬). So why should the Regi's be any different? Brandon is a mindless AI with Hax on his side, nothing more. Try fighting a skilled battler who actually knows the correct EV Spreads and Natures of the Regi's and has a Standard moveset to go along with it.

And about that Blaziken thing......Well golly gee! Could the fact that Blaziken's Offensive Stats are near 00ber level and getting STAB off both Attacks have anything to do with it? :confused: ._. Try beating them with an average Pokémon with normal Offenses.

Actually, having a team stronger than 'the golem' is pretty tough, seeing as, as Tropical Spirit pointed out, they're near the best you can get in Hoenn without crossing over to the 00ber range. Logic=failed. Oh, and is not the point of a Pokémon game to raise and train different types? Logic2 = failed. Have a nice day:)

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.