• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Reiji Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
To what extent will Reiji partake in the D/P Team Galactic plot? Or what role would you like him to have?

Oh, what I have in mind is a little depressing, it's in spoiler text:
My idea is that Team Galatic snatched him and Shinji away from their birth parents when they were too young to remember them. Afterwards, their mother couldn't handle such a loss and commited suicide, while their father was in such a depression he could no longer smile after unsuccessful attempts to find the boys.
In any case, Cyrus would monitor Shinji (and corrupt him) while someone else looked after Reiji. Both were repeatedly told that they were abandoned (which also leads to Shinji being bitter) although Reiji suspects differently.

Sign me up. You know you want to. ;)

Last edited:

taitofan

Stalker!
Fofa, I'd love to add you (and Musapion) but you need to read the rules first, kay? I'll add you right after that. You're in Treecko Girl--thanks for following the rules! And I totally agree with you're last reason. <3

@AshfanGirl20: You're welcome. ^.^ Glad you like the pics! And I share your excitement!

DP67 was screencapped on Friday. Sorry I forgot to mention it before. ^^; 95 pics of Reiji~

To what extent will Reiji partake in the D/P Team Galactic plot? Or what role would you like him to have?
I want him to be Akagi's misfit son who's trying to make his brother and boyfriend (Saturn lawlz) see the light. Will never happen, but that's what fanfiction is for! <3 ...Though I really love Fofa's idea too. Makes more sense probably, as I can't picture Akagi procreating. X3;;;

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
Hmm, let's see: Reiji > Shinji because:
1: He's a much better person as a whole.
2: He's looks more hot. (SHOT)
3: He's a much better person as a whole. I realize that it's actually only one reason, it was so important that I had to state it twice.
Sorry for not noticing that "3 reasons" part of the rules though.

Yah he is def much better as a whole, you'd never even think he was related to Shinji he's sweet, caring of Pokemon and helps Ash whenever. Plus he's great at battling, seeing him battle should be a hoot. Yah your images are great no prob.

Did Reiji fit the impression you had of him when you first heard Shinji had a brother? Were you glad you were right/wrong?
Yeah. I had a feeling he'd be the opposite compared to his little brother. I'm happy I was right, 'cause I would have screamed if someone that hot was someone so mean.

Last edited:

Medea

Excalibur
Did Reiji fit the impression you had of him when you first heard Shinji had a brother? Were you glad you were right/wrong?

Well, a couple of weeks before I heard about Reiji, I was writing something where Paul actually had a brother (except it was a twin brother instead of an older brother). But he was just as cold-hearted as Paul. And homicidal! But when I heard Paul had an older brother, I thought he was going to be the COMPLETE opposite of Paul. And what do you know? I was right. I'm still going to keep Reiji as a homicidal maniac in my story though.

I'm not sure Reiji fit the description of what I thought, I always pictured him as being like Paul and that maybe that's how Paul got his attitude. But I was wrong and I'm glad I was it, he's a cool guy.

How old do you think Reiji is?
I think he's around 17 or 18. 'Tis the first impression I got.
What character in this anime do you think Reiji is most like?
I think he's got a similar hairstyle to Jackie (the Pokémon Ranger from Movie 9). He's got that same ponytail ;D.

I'm hoping he comes back after the few episodes, since he's Pauls brother maybe will see him in the Pokemon leauge episodes.

taitofan

Stalker!
Okie dokie Fofa, you're added!

So? DP69 thoughts anyone? I watched it this morning, and I should have pics by the end of the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow, but I promised to play Karaoke Revolution with my mom and I'm roping my sister into playing Guilty Gear with me, so we'll see. ;P If not, definitely this weekend. Reiji wasn't in a ton of scenes, so it shouldn't take long.

But! I personally loved the scenes he did show up in. His talk with Shinji was so cute. X3 And we now know that Shinji calls him aniki. I'm a sucker for that word, hehe. Alas, he and Saturn didn't talk, but Saturn did attack him directly, so~ Expect me to post a link to some Connectshipping by next week. =3

No "why Shinji is a brat" talks, so I'm 99.99% positive this wasn't Reiji's last epi. I suspect he'll be back to either face Ginga Dan or show up at the Pokemon League. Possibly both depending on how much they want to play up all those badges and symbols he has. And we need Reiji and Shinji face-to-face interaction so badly. Don't let us down writers! *coughconnectshippingtooplzcough*

No "why Shinji is a brat" talks, so I'm 99.99% positive this wasn't Reiji's last epi. I suspect he'll be back to either face Ginga Dan or show up at the Pokemon League. Possibly both depending on how much they want to play up all those badges and symbols he has. And we need Reiji and Shinji face-to-face interaction so badly. Don't let us down writers! *coughconnectshippingtooplzcough*
I think he'll be in some random episode involving breeders or as you said, taitofan the Shinou League. But yes I was actually hoping that Reiji and his little brother would battle. Ah what a sight to see. I don't see Reiji fighting Team Galactic any time soon.

A pic of Reiji that I found cute!
vlcsnap-103387.png

KNAI~

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
But! I personally loved the scenes he did show up in. His talk with Shinji was so cute. X3 And we now know that Shinji calls him aniki. I'm a sucker for that word, hehe.

I have heard 'aniki' be used as (older) brother/sister, but ani/ane (brother and sister, respectively) is more common. I'm gonna have to check with my Japanese teacher about that one. (Unfortunately, tomorrow I have a field trip that uses up the whole day and I don't get a chance to see that teacher. Stupid Social Studies.)

I think aniki is also used to address a senior, like bosses at jobs.

I was hoping Reiji and Paul would have some face to face interaction I wanted to see his reaction to Paul/Ash rivalry yah know?
Also it was cool how he battled TG like that, from the pictures I saw he did pretty good. I am hoping Reiji returns too, in the leauge is what I suspect, maybe give some sense to Paul.

Hoshika

Viva Viva Victory6
Watched DP069 just then.

It was pretty good, although there was a lack of Shinji and Reiji face to face interaction. I'm pretty sure he'll appear again during the Shinou League (hopefully some backstory on him and Shinji will be revealed then. D: )

Is it me, or did Reiji look younger in this ep? XDDDDD

Also, Shinji calling Reiji "Aniki" was cute. (Nii-san/nii-sama would have been fine with me too. :3)

Medea

Excalibur
Oh, I only saw the screenshots from some of the other sites (other than serebii) and after doing that, I am so going to make the Reiji/Hikari AMV with Madonna's song Beautiful Stranger (if I can find the song). Now as for that wonderful video phone conversation, I was kind of hoping for something...more. Same goes for the interaction between Saturn and Reiji. Thank you taitofan, I'm friggin' addicted like crack! But I will remain hopeful that Reiji will return one day. Hopefully it'll be BEFORE Ash and Paul reach the Sinnoh League because that seems like forever away.

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
Why did they make a wrinkle on his face in some of the pictures? NOOOoooo. .

Hoshika

Viva Viva Victory6
Why did they make a wrinkle on his face in some of the pictures? NOOOoooo. .

Hey, at least he looks a bit more like his brother now. xDDD
But yeah, I agree with you. NOOOOOoooo. D;

Sweet May, that colourbar is love. <33

Status
Not open for further replies.