• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The relationship between Prof. Oak & Delia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memo

I couldn't find any discussions about this, so I thought I might just start a new topic on it.

The title should be self-explanatory: What do you think is the relationship between Professor Samuel Oak and Delia Ketchum, Ash's mother?

Through the course of the anime there isn't anything in particular that would suggest their relationship is deeper, except the fact that they appear in each other's company every so often. Holidays together, etc. For myself, the obvious solution would be that Sam and Delia are dating, or have been dating for who knows how long. I wouldn't go as far to say that Sam would be Ash's father, though. That would be stretching things, though possible. :D

Also, the Pokemon 4Ever -movie brings some insight to this matter, as we can see that Ash met Sam while he was a young boy, thus it would be possible that upon hearing Delia's surname (as Ash did tell Sammy his) Samuel could have intently sought out to be in her company, as in the third movie it becomes clear that the two have known since Delia was a kid."

Do you have any ideas on this?

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I just think they are close friends, men and women can be friends you know:p
Anyways sure maybe once they could have dated but I can just see them being friends, they both live alone (Well before Tracy came) so they just talk to each other.

BCVM22

Given what Pokémon is as a franchise and particularly what the anime is, there's no way they'll ever declare the two to be anything more than the main character's mother and his elderly mentor who just happen to be good friends and neighbors.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I don't think that Oak is Ash's father, but I do think that Oak and Delia are dating *now*.

I talked with one of the writers at Sakura Con once and he said that Oak "takes care of her like a father". Um dude? You don't get flustered when you're asked why you're at the beach with someone you consider your daughter (and for the record, the guy also didn't know that James had a fiancee, since he didn't write that episode).

Status
Not open for further replies.