• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Relicanth Really Can (370)

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was a Ok filler. Cool to see Relicanth,it lookks kinda ugly though but it proved to be powerfull. Magikarp sub made a return which is awsome.

Vernikova

Champion
It was an average episode. The shards were actually focused on which surprised me and the Relicanth were pretty boring. That shouldn't be surprising though since most fish Pokemon are pretty boring.

7threst

This episode was alright in its way. It seems Advanced Battle starts off with some pretty unoriginal, but alright filler episodes and while I did like the previous episode a lot, I thought this one wasn't that good - seeing as the plot quite reminded me of the Silver arc series and that Relicanth were already introduced in the second episode of Advanced Generation.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It was an average episode. The shards were actually focused on which surprised me and the Relicanth were pretty boring. That shouldn't be surprising though since most fish Pokemon are pretty boring.

Most fish are boring?? Most fish aren't showcased that well is probably more accurate to say..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Most fish are boring?? Most fish aren't showcased that well is probably more accurate to say..

The writers can't do much with boring fish Pokemon that can't move on land.

She's right, almost all the generic fish Pokemon other than Magikarp got terrible screentime in the anime.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The writers can't do much with boring fish Pokemon that can't move on land.

She's right, almost all the generic fish Pokemon other than Magikarp got terrible screentime in the anime.

That still doesn't explain why the other fossil water type pokemon never got decent battle times.

NPT

Just a member
This was a decent filler episode. Adam was a cool COTD and his wife Evelyn was cute. It's good to see Relicanth, it's an ancient Pokémon that dosen't come from fossils.
Team Rocket was really annoying in this episode. As usual, they got blasted off at the end.

Grand Wazoo Island.
Top lel!

I'm the only one commenting on the this? Really?

Anyway, Until this episode, I totally forgot May had a Bulabsaur.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I screamed when Ash and friends first encountered Adam covered in seaweed. Seeing Ash and the others in a submarine was pretty fab and I thought it was ironic that TR's Magikarp submarine couldn't handle the water pressure. I was disappointed that after all that trouble, the treasure chest merely contained generic Green Shards. Oh well.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Even tho this was a filler, I was interested in seeing Relicanth again cuz it didn't get much attention when we saw it before in AG, plus I liked seeing Ash's group in a submarine for a change.

JudySpell

Banned
Relicanth is such a pivotal Pokemon in the Hoenn games so I was scratching my head regarding why it was given such a terribad filler. 4/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Overall, a below average episode. However, I had expected it to be terrible based on the screenshots, so that's something. The best part was the husband/wife interaction, that was acted out well and made the episode feel less bland.

Alloutℯ

Banned
You know, some parts were kinda funny (Jessie saying something along the lines of why are they in the Magikarp sub again) and them in general being very evil was excellent. I remember actually cheering when they busted missles out.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved how Souya resurfaced covered in seaweed at the start, and the fact that Glanth was sought after by Souya and Erimo at least gave the species some relevance. I also appreciated how the Rocket-dan's old Koiking submarine was back, but I felt bad for Souya when he opened the treasure chest of Green Shards.

Daizy

I call you honey
I have to admit when Ash asked if Adam was a Pokemon, I was like "wtf, seriously?". I thought it was great to see Team Rocket be more serious than usual by firing all those weapons.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wish we'd have learned much more about how Glanth are an ancient species, and also about how they had some connection to the Regi trio.

Scorbunnie

Why did we need a second Relicanth episode in Hoenn? The treasure hunting aspect was fun don't get me wrong but everything else seemed like it had been done before.