• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Mr. Mime (1119)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1119.jpg

The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Mr. Mime

After winning a World Coronation Series Battle, Ash shifts his focus completely on Riolu. However, with Ash continuing to pay no attention to anything other than Riolu, Pikachu starts to lose his patience and storms off. Mr. Mime follows Pikachu to try and get Pikachu to come back, but Pikachu is insistent so the two go on their travels to Pallet Town. Will Pikachu forgive Ash?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

So Pikachu's jealousy was justified and Ash realized his mistake by the end, it seems. Ash didn't even try to find Pikachu when it slept with Delia.

Main thing is Riolu beat a Electabuzz in its debut match. The species isn't that strong anymore ever since Electivire was introduced. Galarian-Farftech'd has become a sparring partner and it doesn't seem as strong anymore.

Last edited:
Commented this after the VA list was released for this episode. Well it was indeed the same person. Cool little bit of continuity there.
Was his rank higher than Visquez. Ash was at 901 after the battle so that guy must be a little higher.
A boring and useless episode where everyone was OOC.
Riolu wasn't.

RetroPokeFan

Huh, that’s weird. Just going off the preview, I was going in expecting this to be THE worst episode of this entire first half of this season, an episode that would be like a fly who has ran into sticky tape and is now stuck there permanently but that ended up not being the case.

It’s just kind of meh at best as far as Pikachu episodes go. Seeing my favourite mouse acting OOC a bit was no doubt the bad part of the episode but he at least redeems himself in the end (though then again it is a given it was going to happen!) and on the other side there are at least a few nice moments (especially with Delia), a homage to the first episode and some neat shots that at least saved this episode from feeling like a complete waste of my time.

So not as bad as I was expecting but it’s definitely still not one of my favourites either and an episode I most likely won’t be going back to in a long while. I’ll probably end up remembering Episode 20 of Sun & Moon more than this.

Farfetch'd will definitely be trained soon...
It is getting trained...... in taking hits.

That driver falling for Pikachu in that pose was kind of creepy but so was that whole scene.

TBH I have been waiting for this jealousy thing to happen for over a decade. It was there lingering in the background but they never touched it till now.

Now I wonder what will happen when Riolu evolves. Funny how Ash put Riolu back into its ball by the end of the episode.