• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Mr. Mime (1119)

IcySealeo

Why Ash have to battle a Kanto Pokemon again? We had Raichu, Electrode, Tauros and now Electabuzz...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Should Farfetch'd be the one actually annoyed? Man Rioulo os getting pretty overpowered, the thing is starting to just beat everything, Lucario is going to be unstopable.

I want some focus for Farfetch'd eventually, Gengar, Dragonite got attention even though not as much as Rioulo. The thing specifically wants to get stronger, yet its getting used to be ran over by Rioulo who had a though fight with it before, but now just beats it easy.

Why Ash have to battle a Kanto Pokemon again? We had Raichu, Electrode, Tauros and now Electabuzz...

Probably because its a Kanto based trainer.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, only interesting part was Ash's mom tbh.

Also I can't be sure but I feel like I heard in the end that it was Koharu who told Ash about Pikachu, I could be totally wrong though.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This was such a fun and cute episode, the flashback was quite touching. I ABSOLUTELY love Mr Mime and it was nice to see Delia again. Cant wait for people to trash on this episode coz its a filler and they dont like the premise lol. Pikachu wasnt really that unjustified and its no way similar to the prev episode. This was a good watch

Paree

I am now thinking that there is a mild possibility of Ash’s Pidgeot coming back.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Pretty rare to see Delia's hair down just before the bedtime.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Why did all of Riolu's matches have such great sakuga in this episode? Everything was so fluent, fast-paced, & lively that it felt like I was watching a bunch of league battles.

Also, the little animation of Chloe inspecting her cup after Mimey "poured" a drink in it was hilarious

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
So I guess Sobble is a permanent member of Goh's team so all that lab dumping concern as useless lmao
That became obvious last episode when they showed it crying at the Lab. (Which indeed turned out to be the real reason why that scene was even there to begin with)

It can't be alone at the Lab or else it'll make the whole entire Lab start crying

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
Since Tony appeared as Ash’s PWC opponent in this episode, I’m thinking the other guy from the Vermillion Gym (Steve) will battle him later, probably with Jolteon or Magneton, and then inform him that LT. Surge is back at the gym, prompting Ash to have their hinted rematch.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Riolu is becoming too OP. And Ash doesnt seem to care about Galarian Farfetched
Of course it is. They aren't allowed to show the Lucario line actually losing unless it's an important story reason, like with Korrina.

Fernsday

Of course it is. They aren't allowed to show the Lucario line actually losing unless it's an important story reason, like with Korrina.
It’s only in this episode Kamonegi is depicted as fodder and it was mainly to show how much baby Riolu has progressed lul. We’re obviously going to get more fair showcases of Kamonegi and perhaps episodes revolved around it given that it is among the unevolved mons of Ash’s current team